Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Suicide TAR III: 'Finished' - 2 Snuffs up for rfisher, timing, & The Village Idiot

Suicide Amazing Race III: Unfinished Snuffings

The Amazing Race returns [tonight] ... and with it we'll do the Suicide game versus Deviations. SARIII will begin at the end of the first TAR18 episode, and run through the season ... or 'til whenever it is that the last participant has dropped.

SUICIDE AMAZING RACE IN A NUTSHELL: Each week, each surviving Suicide contestant will submit his/her choice of one TAR team he/she feels will survive the next episode's leg. If your pick survives to the next week, so do you! If your pick gets the boot, well, read the RULES because you may squeak by anyway.

Before reading the RULES, know that this will seem more complicated than it is. It's really, really simple. But I've got to put the rules in writing, a FAQs of sorts, to answer likely of questions. Refer to Suicide Amazing Race II thread for insight as to how that game played out.

Ta-da! Congrats to all of the medalists...

1st tie and the Gold: SCG888
    1st tie and the Gold: Lilia A
    3rd and the Bronze: merrywidow
    4th tie and the Pewter: Prancer
    4th tie and the Pewter: Flatfoote

((((( shan )))))
    RULES:

1. During the week leading to TAR18 episode 2, 2/27, anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Sample weekly submission: WEEK 1: Jet & Cord. That's it.

2. Submission must be prior to the start of the upcoming episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)

3. If your pick/team survives the episode, you also survive in Suicide TAR III with nary a care.

4. If your pick/team is eliminated, there are two things that might happen.

4A. You will be "resuscitated" once during the season. Each participant will, if needed, be revived the first time that their pick is snuffed. Minor drawback here is that resuscitation is a negative tiebreaker for placement later on.

4B. If you've been resuscitated once already, if any of your subsequent picks is snuffed, so are you.

5. If you forget to submit your week's pick before the deadline, you will be (ref 4a) be charged your resuscitation or (ref 4B) be snuffed out.

6. Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR18/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week. None of the above worked for most of us last time, unfortunately.

7. The game will end either after the final episode (there "can" be ties, even for 1st) or when the last of you is knocked out via "suicide". Note: If you make it to the finale, you will be picking the "TAR18 winner" -- from your remaining cache of teams. If you're out of picks by then, well oops!

8. ABOUT NO PICKS: You may use the pick "no pick" once during the game. This is treated the same as if you'd forgotten to make a pick (ref 5).

9. NEW RULE! Or more accurately -- NEW OPPORTUNITY! There will be a "Ghost Hunt" this season, wherein any formerly snuffed players may compete to get back into the game. The Ghost Hunt itself will be later in the game (likely when four teams are left racing), and will be preceded with a post exclaiming "Ghost Hunt!".

However, the preparations begin for each person immediately after their initial snuffing.

9a. Players who have been snuffed (i.e. two wrong picks) are eligible, but they must do two things: 1. Continue to submit weekly picks even after their snuffing AND avoid being double snuffed (once you've chosen your third eliminated team, you're out of the game entirely). 2. After the Ghost Hunt! posting by me, submit both the standard weekly pick, AND prediction of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the week.

The ghost who comes the closest to the actual top 3 finishers (deviations) that week is back in the game with "status: resuscitated". Wrinkle: If they achieve the above "but" have chosen the eliminated team as their weekly pick ... they will "not" return to the game -- in this scenario, the next best would become the returning ghost.

Snuffed players will submit picks that week, but their picks will be guessing the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers for the week. The ONE (+ ties) who comes the closest to the actual top 3 finishers (deviations) that week is back in the game with "status: resuscitated".

Finally, my usual warning: Anyone who is discovered to be playing game despite having been spoiled will be forced to serve as Charlie Sheen's publicist for six weeks.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 02-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Do we get a prize for being the first eliminated?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    . Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR18/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week.
    Just quoting this to make sure I remember it and don't pick the team I think is strongest for the first week the way I did last time .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    9. NEW RULE! Or more accurately -- NEW OPPORTUNITY! There will be one-time "Ghost Hunt", wherein all of the formerly snuffed players can compete to get back into the game. It will be later in the game, and will be preceded with a post by me exclaiming "GHOST HUNT!".

Love it!!!

Thanks for running this again Beefcake!

Did I come in dead last in the latest Suicide edition? (no pun intended) I assume that's what the hugs were for in the first post. I think I blocked it out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Do we get a prize for being the first eliminated?
    Back off, bint. That's my prize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Back off, bint. That's my prize.
    I don't know, some of have a history with the Suicide version.

vCash
    Yeah, I was like third out last time. I ran out of teams.

vCash
    I'll dive in. While it is usually safe to pick the team struggling in the preview, I think I got burned with that last time.

So for my first pick, I'm going with the redheads, Cara and whatserface.

vCash
    This sounds fun!

vCash
    Just found this and missed the deadline. It's a 2 parter so does that mean we can play still until the start of next week? Does it make any difference if I forgot to pay attention to this weeks (except the sailing part)?

vCash
    The game hasn't started yet. We got a free week! Join in!

vCash
    I have no idea who to pick, none of the teams annoyed me that much. I'll just have to go with a team who annoyed me in their respective season.
    Even though the preview suggests that they might be in danger I'm going to pick Mel and Mike, precisely because the preview suggests that they might be in danger (yeah, right!).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Yikes, so many possible elims next time. Mel and Mike falling apart, Amanda and Kris having a detour, the Cowboys way out of it.....although that usually means that the eliminated pair will be someone else.

I'm gonna go with Mel and Mike because I don't think they will last long, but the previews make me think they make it through next time.

ETA: I swear I didn't read Lilia's post first .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash

Copycat

vCash
    I'm going with Kisha and Jen

vCash
    Um, I wish I had went ahead and posted earlier, but I didn't want to be the first.

I'm also going with Mike and Mel.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Ghost Hunt! was a half-baked stab at adding a new element. Ain't gonna work!

The returning player(s) would potentially have a full complement of picks left to use, ergo an advantage over the non-ghosts. Sigh, I've removed it from the game. However, after I think this through I may have a solution that will still allow the return of a former snuffee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post

Copycat
    Alas, some 10 FSU TAR games later, people are starting to heed the heavens -- always hold your pick until Lilia has made her selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Did I come in dead last in the latest Suicide edition? (no pun intended) I assume that's what the hugs were for in the first post. I think I blocked it out...
    How convenient for you to suppress such memories! I can emphasize ... it's what I do with all those memories of dating women back in my twenties.

But, yeh ... for shits and grins, here were the STAR II results
    (SCG and Lilia rocked the joint! and The Widow, who claimed to hate Suicide TAR, didn't do too badly either)
    1t SCG888: BigBrother SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite no pick Cowboys LittleBrothers
    1t Lilia A:CarolBrandy BigBrother Dutectives SteveAllie BrentCaite no pick Cowboys LittleBrothers
    3 merrywidow:LawLadies BigBrother CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrettCaite LittleBrothers Cowboys
    4t Flatfoote: BrentCaite CarolBrandy BigBrother SteveAllie LittleBrothers Dutectives no pick Cowboys
    4t Prancer: JoeHeidi BigBrother Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy no pick LittleBrothers Cowboys
    (6t) Sassafras: Cowboys SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick picks exhausted
    (6t) KikiSashaFan: Cowboys LawLadies CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers picks exhausted
    (6t) PrincessLeppard: Cowboys CarolBrandy BrentCaite SteveAllie Dutectives no pick LittleBrothers picks exhausted
    (6t) Beefcake: Dutectives CarolBrandy BigBrother LittleBrothers BrentCaite no pick Cowboys picks exhausted
    (6t) jamesy: SteveAllie BrentCaite Dutectives LittleBrothers CarolBrandy no pick Cowboys picks exhausted
    (6t) ElizabethAnne: LittleBrothers SteveAllie BrentCaite BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutectives Cowboys picks exhausted
    (6t) love skating: SteveAllie BrentCaite LittleBrothers BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutective Cowboys picks exhausted
    (13t) allezfred: TeamNanna Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy LittleBrothers Cowboys picks exhausted
    (13t) Fridge Break: SteveAllie Dutectives LittleBrothers BigBrother BrentCaite Cowboys picks exhausted
    (13t) FiveRinger:Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BigBrother CarolBrandy BrentCaite picks exhausted
    (13t) BevJohnston: Dutectives LawLadies LittleBrothers BrentCaite CarolBrandy Cowboyspicks exhausted
    (13t) kedrin: BigBrother Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick picks exhausted
    (18t) Sk8pics: Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BrentCaite no pick CarolBrandy
    (18t) my_little_pony: Cowboys SteveAllie Dutectives BigBrother LittleBrothers CarolBrandy
    (20) skatemonaz: TeamNanna SteveAllie BrentCaite CarolBrandy Dutectives no pick
    (21) The Village Idiot: Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite BigBrother SteveAllie
    (22t) BYTCH: Cowboys no pick CarolBrandy no pick
    (22t) Allskate: TeamNanna Cowboys Dutectives no pick
    (22t) KHenry14: Cowboys LawLadies BigBrother no pick
    (25) shan: SteveAllie LawLadies JoeHeidi

vCash
    I'm also going to go ahead and choose Mel and Mike for week one. I think they will make it through this week, but they won't advance very far after that.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast