vCash

Tourist boat sinks in Vietnam, killing 12

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...iref=allsearch
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...19c67aed7ca162

If you do more searching, you will find PLENTY more articles, especially from the Daily Mail.

This is so beyond tragic.

The girl, Samantha, one of the 2 Americans who passed, was my old roomie's/best friend's sister. Samantha's sister is like a sister to me, and I'm devastated. I never met Sam but Sam always had nice things to say about me (Sam and my roomie were VERY close, so naturally she knew who I was).

This seriously hit me like a truck. I found out as I was leaving for class, I bawled my eyes out the entire 30 minutes to school. I tried to go to class, but I had to leave early. My other roomie (there were 4 of us rooming together freshman year) called me and asked if I was sure about what happened to Sam. I said yes and she burst into tears. After that, I couldn't pull myself together. I spent all day yesterday bawling my eyes out. I've heard all the recollections from her boyfriend, George, and I can't take any of it anymore. I haven't spoken to Sam's sister, but I know she is in Virginia with her family right now. The other American girl who passed was a friend of Sam's.

George was on deck when the boat began to sink, supposedly they were taking pictures of the sunrise (it was about 5 AM). When the boat began to sink, he heard Sam screaming, and she was also screaming "We have to leave, the boat is sinking!". He went down there to get her, and as he was pulling her and the other girl out, the water slammed the door shut and locked it. He lost both of them. The boat took one minute to sink.

I don't know what to do with myself or say, I feel like I've lost a sister too.

Please send all your prayers and good thoughts to Sam's family and her sister. They really need it right now.

vCash
    This is such a tragic situation. My thoughts go to Sam's family, her sister and to the other families who have lost a friend or a family member in this accident.

vCash
    Sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts to Sam and her family.