Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I just have a problem with anyone who spells Chloe and Courtney with a K.
    Someone must have an alliteration fetish, witness siblings Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kendall and Kylie! That's even worse than Johnny Carson's taste in choosing wives by their names!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Are you doing it in a mini-mini-skirt, ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and fake eyelashes that look like two bats landed on your face? (I hope not ) I can see why it takes a lot of practice for her. Plus which she's dumb as a rock.
    People say the same thing about Paris Hilton and IMO these girls may act dumb, but the reality seems to be quite different. They appear to be astute businesswomen who know how to market themselves and sell their products(perfumes, shows, shoes, clothes etc ). At the very least, they are astute enough to surround themselves with smart business people who pull the strings and bring in the $$. You don't pull in $65 million in a year by being dumb. Playing dumb, yes.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    People say the same thing about Paris Hilton and IMO these girls may act dumb, but the reality seems to be quite different. They appear to be astute businesswomen who know how to market themselves and sell their products(perfumes, shows, shoes, clothes etc ). At the very least, they are astute enough to surround themselves with smart business people who pull the strings and bring in the $$. You don't pull in $65 million in a year by being dumb. Playing dumb, yes.
    Having your mom manage you is dumb (especially when her main qualification as manager seems to be having been married to two famous guys). Basing your earning power on endless reality shows and endorsements of the product of the week might not be dumb in the short term, but in the long term? I hope there's still Celebrity Boxing and Dr. Drew's Rehab in a couple of years.....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I don't get the fascination with any of them, but I guess it is the Paris Hilton phenomenon. (And she seems to have dropped off the cover of the magazines at the check stand. Maybe there's some unwritten rule that there has to be some percentage of people "famous for being famous" on those covers. I don't know how else to explain it.) Whatever did happen to old Paris?

vCash
    Having your mom manage you is dumb (especially when her main qualification as manager seems to be having been married to two famous guys).

Basing your earning power on endless reality shows and endorsements of the product of the week might not be dumb in the short term, but in the long term? I hope there's still Celebrity Boxing and Dr. Drew's Rehab in a couple of years.....
    They aren't just endorsing products of the week however. These girls are launching viable clothing lines and products. They have 3 clothing stores open, one of which was open even before they launched their reality show. It's worked for Paris Hilton(perfumes, shoes, purses and a new reality show) and Nicole Richie(House of Harlow, clothes etc).

To a lesser extent look at Jessica Simpson(managed by dad). Yes, she launched her career as a singer/actress, but that fizzled. It was her reality show that launched her into stardom. What could have been a fleeting 15minutes of fame for playing a dumb blonde is now a $500million plus fashion empire.

These girls who are seemingly famous for no reason, had few career prospects or education and have managed to turn themselves into brands that sell. Who knows, maybe it is dumb luck? Either way, they are making it work for themselves, and that IMO is smart.

vCash
    Having your mom manage you is dumb (especially when her main qualification as manager seems to be having been married to two famous guys).
    The Kardashian's have made $65million based on the know how of said mom of turning a sex tape into a family business. Enough said.

Basing your earning power on endless reality shows and endorsements of the product of the week might not be dumb in the short term, but in the long term? I hope there's still Celebrity Boxing and Dr. Drew's Rehab in a couple of years.....
    They aren't just endorsing products of the week however. These girls are launching viable clothing lines and products. They have 3 clothing stores open, one of which was open even before they launched their reality show. It's worked for Paris Hilton(perfumes, shoes, purses) and Nicole Richie(House of Harlow, clothes etc).

To a lesser extent look at Jessica Simpson(managed by dad). Yes, she launched her career as a singer/actress, but that fizzled. It was her reality show that launched her into stardom. What could have been a fleeting 15minutes of fame for playing a dumb blonde is now a $500million plus fashion empire.

These girls who are seemingly famous for no reason, had few career prospects or education and have managed to turn themselves into brands that sell. Who knows, maybe it is dumb luck? Either way, they are making it work for themselves, and that IMO is smart.

Watch me move
    vCash
    They aren't just endorsing products of the week however. These girls are launching viable clothing lines and products. They have 3 clothing stores open, one of which was open even before they launched their reality show. It's worked for Paris Hilton(perfumes, shoes, purses and a new reality show) and Nicole Richie(House of Harlow, clothes etc)
    Viable products like that Kardashian Mastercard?

And if these girls have all these products, I must say they're pretty lowkey about promoting them. I see pictures in the tabloids of Nicole Richie in House of Harlow outfits at events; I can't say that I ever remember seeing a Kardashian in any of their products, except for that ShoeDazzle thing that one of them does.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Wow. There is a lot of hate here. Other than the Kim video, most everything else that the girls have done is respectable especially in terms of what other celebs offer us. And while I think that Kris is a little crazy, the entire family works hard for what they have, and they stay out of the tabloids in terms of drugs, alcohol (yes, I know about the DUI), and unmentionables. I watch their show--- and I think that they are infinitely more interesting than anything named Snookie.

vCash
    Viable products like that Kardashian Mastercard?

And if these girls have all these products, I must say they're pretty lowkey about promoting them. I see pictures in the tabloids of Nicole Richie in House of Harlow outfits at events; I can't say that I ever remember seeing a Kardashian in any of their products, except for that ShoeDazzle thing that one of them does.
    They also have a clothing line with QVC and another to be launched with Sears this summer, fragrances, a workout video, as well as a wrist watch and jewelry collection. Not bad.

Watch me move
    vCash
    They also have a clothing line with QVC and another to be launched with Sears this summer, fragrances, a workout video, as well as a wrist watch and jewelry collection. Not bad.
    Not bad in terms of releasing products, or having their name slapped on products. In terms of how many of those products have any lasting success.....we'll see.

vCash
    There are a lot of Kardashian haters out there. I'm not one of them......I take my hat off of anyone who manages to make an honest living in this economy.

These folks aren't as dumb as people are making them out to be if they've managed to get a $65 million payday last year. That's more than the majority of the people who sign into this board, for sure. And if you make your 15 minutes last for an hour and a half, more power to you. They didn't hurt anybody, they don't have any major scuffles with anyone (unless you count Kim and Halle, and that's total b-s), and no one has gone to jail (Khloe served exactly one hour for her DUI). I'm more offended by other E! starlets than this family, but that's another matter.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Whatever did happen to old Paris?
    All I know is she turned 30 this week.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/hwoo...tons_3200.html

And she and Kim are reportedly reconciling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12