Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

The Kardashian family accumulated $65 million in 2010

I decided to use 'accumulate' instead of 'earned' because...well, how useful are they to society? But obviously, someone is buying their...whatever they are offering .

As the cameras keep rolling on the eight-member clan’s topsy-turvy domestic life, the Kardashians have cashed in, making more money last year than what Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock and Tom Cruise are estimated to have earned combined: a staggering $65 million (a source close to the family confirms the figure). As manager, Kris Jenner personally takes 10 percent.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...million-100349

“We’re in 300 countries worldwide. Three hundred!” Kris exclaims. At press time, only 194 countries were recognized by the U.S. government.

The fact that Vivid had to pay Kim a figure that’s been reported at $5 million is almost beside the point. The sex tape — one of Vivid’s best-selling DVDs in 10 years — put the Kardashians on the map.

“My job was trying to take my kids’ 15 minutes and turn it into 30,” Kris recalls. Shortly afterward, her entire family would have to get comfortable in front of the camera.
    “If you know anything about Bruce Jenner, he really doesn’t have a say in very much around here,” Kris jokes. “We said: ‘Honey, we’re doing a show. Are you in or out? If you’re out, then you need to move to the garage because we’re filming a reality show.’ "
    Yeah, why does he put up with all of that? Maybe he wants to remain a father figure to any children there still under 18.

Kim now charges as much as $25,000 to simply mention and link to a brand or company in a tweet. It’s so effective a tool that businesses have begun including Twitter clauses in their contracts with the family, committing the girls to a set number of tweets about their product.
    Interesting. If I ever read one of her Tweets, I'd probably reflexively buy a competitor .

So what does Kris ever say no to? Recently, a sex toy company hoped to sign Khloe and Odom. “The company wanted to know why I was turning them down,” Kris laugh says with a laugh. “I said, ‘It’s just not the look we’re going for at this moment, but thank you.’ They said, ‘It’s not hardcore, just vibrating panties, nipple rings and vibrators.’ I was like, ‘Hell to the no!’”
    Hmmmm....at this rate, why not go all the way in exploiting your family, girl?

vCash
    It kinda figures that a Kardashian gal would pay attention to the bottom line!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    It's kind of amazing that most of the public claims to hate them and yet they're raking in all these money. Make one goes "Hmm."

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Yeah, why does he put up with all of that?
    I once read an interview with him and he said in it that his wife put a picture of the daughter who's married with a child (can't remember her name) above their bed in their bedroom. A naked picture of her daughter. He said he's uncomfortable with it, but he seemed pretty resigned to whatever his wife said.

Seriously, putting a naked picture of your daughter in your bedroom? That's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's kind of amazing that most of the public claims to hate them and yet they're raking in all these money. Make one goes "Hmm."
    Why? Are you unfamiliar with a train wreck attraction?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Why? Are you unfamiliar with a train wreck attraction?
    As far as I know no ones pay for the privilege to see a train wreck. The public is apparently paying the Kadashians to do something.

vCash
    It's sad but true that while some of us are tired of and appalled by their continued popularity, apparently a large enough portion of the public is continuing to support the Kartrashians (especially it seems younger girls who think Kim and co. are cool and want to emulate them). A large portion of their fortune does seem to come from all the various product endorsements (as outlined in the article linked by deltask8er). On one message board a group of people were keeping a running tab on how many things they were putting their names on and at last count it was up to 117!

I don't even think Kim and sisters are all that familiar with some of the things they promote. Pimp Mama shows them the big check and they sign their names to it. I keep hoping their 15 minutes are almost up but supposedly E! keeps offering different members of the family spin off shows. Look at all the late night talks shows. Every other night it's Kardashian, Hilton (I really thought her 15 minutes ended years ago) and freak of nature Snooki.

Sign of the apocolypse indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

If it's not it should be.

vCash
    Seriously, putting a naked picture of your daughter in your bedroom? That's messed up.
    Is it a baby photo?

If so, I don't think it's that messed up...

vCash
    Popularity is not a prerequisite for wealth, although some of the public obviously like the Kardashians. . .just like they like Paris Hilton (who got paid an insane amount of money just to wave at a crowd of people at an airport.)

vCash
    I can't tolerate the Kardashians for the most part, though I have, against my wishes, kind of developed a bit of a fondness (or really, lack of complete disgust) with Khloe. Something about her is insanely less horrific than her family. Plus, I kind of love that she looks a bit like a drag queen.

I used to think that Kim was pretty, but now I can barely look at her with all the injections and whatnot she's had done. And the overexposure of course. I saw a thing, I think on TMZ, of her filming her show in NYC and they were doing multiple takes of her getting out of a car. GETTING OUT OF A FREAKING CAR! How difficult can it be? I mean, I do it every day.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    well, how useful are they to society?
    They promote interracial harmony and acceptance?

Watch me move
    vCash
    I
    Yeah, why does he put up with all of that? Maybe he wants to remain a father figure to any children there still under 18.
    Or...maybe he doesn't have any other way of earning a living, or having anyone else in his talentless family earning a living. I'm sure he's not the only ex-famous person who would let his home life be disrupted if it brought in $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I used to think that Kim was pretty, but now I can barely look at her with all the injections and whatnot she's had done. And the overexposure of course. I saw a thing, I think on TMZ, of her filming her show in NYC and they were doing multiple takes of her getting out of a car. GETTING OUT OF A FREAKING CAR! How difficult can it be? I mean, I do it every day.
    Are you doing it in a mini-mini-skirt, ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and fake eyelashes that look like two bats landed on your face? (I hope not ) I can see why it takes a lot of practice for her. Plus which she's dumb as a rock.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAngel View Post
    Is it a baby photo?

If so, I don't think it's that messed up...
    Nope. She's all grown up and pregnant (I didn't remember that part). Here's an article with the picture in it: 'Why have that in here?': Bruce Jenner cringes over naked photo of a pregnant Kourtney Kardashian

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    If it's any consolation, Paris Hilton seems to have fallen out of favor. Is it because she choose to step out of the limelight or is it because everyone is sick of her?

The moral of the story is that the Kardashian train wreck will end and a new train wreck will start.

Who is the next no talent fame whore on the horizon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    They promote interracial harmony and acceptance?
    True. On the other hand, that is probably easier to achieve when everyone involved is wealthy. Most of the boyfriends seem to be professional athletes. And I'm sure millions of people can identify with the struggle of a sibling romantically involved with a jerk (Scott...Disick? with Kourtney). Based on what I've seen, if I was Kourtney's sister, I would have even less tolerance for her boyfriend than Khloe understandably does. If that's the way she wants it, then "see you only at Christmas; send me photos of your child once in a while".

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Or...maybe he doesn't have any other way of earning a living, or having anyone else in his talentless family earning a living. I'm sure he's not the only ex-famous person who would let his home life be disrupted if it brought in $$$$.
    I also imagine he could get a sweet divorce settlement at this point, if he really wanted .

Nope. She's all grown up and pregnant (I didn't remember that part). Here's an article with the picture in it: 'Why have that in here?': Bruce Jenner cringes over naked photo of a pregnant Kourtney Kardashian
    Exhibit A for Jenner's attorneys?

vCash
    As far as I know no ones pay for the privilege to see a train wreck.
    People are paying to see Spider-Man: The Musical. 'Nuff said.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash

vCash
    I just have a problem with anyone who spells Chloe and Courtney with a K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Are you doing it in a mini-mini-skirt, ridiculously high-heeled shoes, and fake eyelashes that look like two bats landed on your face? (I hope not ) I can see why it takes a lot of practice for her. Plus which she's dumb as a rock.
    Sadly, IIRC she was wearing a longer skirt and like a fur coat or something.

And weirdly, Kim's current beau's name is Kris. He'd fit right in with the family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast