Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks for all the additional pictures! Can't get enough of them!

Love the news about Meryl & Charlie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    Finally got my Providence Stars on Ice photos up. Still need to do Boston...

Providence Stars on Ice Photos

Was further up in the stands and on the opposite side as my San Jose photos. Yay for different angles. Enjoy!

Love them all!! You take amazing photos!!Just want to let you know the group number On golden Pond for Providence is labeled as having Sale/Pelletier instead of Ina/Zimmerman.

vCash
    Ice-dance.com's photos from the Washington, DC show are now online:

http://photography.ice-dance.com/2010-11/2011SOI/

Enjoy!

vCash
    Wow, after seeing everyone else's photos I wonder whether I should even bother with mine...

vCash
    Oh, go ahead. Mine weren't great either, remember?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Love them all!! You take amazing photos!!Just want to let you know the group number On golden Pond for Providence is labeled as having Sale/Pelletier instead of Ina/Zimmerman.
    Hahaha oops. That's what I get for reusing labels from San Jose. Thanks so much for pointing that out. I've fixed it now =).

Glad you guys like the photos!

vCash
    Ok, here goes...here are my show and M&G pics. The show pics are nowhere NEAR the quality of all the professional ones posted, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8440248...th/5511057586/

I'll leave this up only for a limited amount of time before I take it down.

vCash
    They look good to me!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I was at the DC show. Anyone know why Evan didn't do his solo to "The Climb" in the first half? The only real solo he did was Roxanne, which is a good number for him, but I felt the audience wanted more from him than just the one full solo. Read where he had solo in first half in other cities.
    I may be in a minority, but I wasn't all that thrilled with SOI this year. I've been to SOI many many times, and it's not nearly as creative, humorous or imaginative as in those first 15-20 years. Not so much in the last 4 or 5 years...maybe budget cuts.
    Kathryn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn2001 View Post
    I was at the DC show. Anyone know why Evan didn't do his solo to "The Climb" in the first half? The only real solo he did was Roxanne, which is a good number for him, but I felt the audience wanted more from him than just the one full solo. Read where he had solo in first half in other cities.
    I may be in a minority, but I wasn't all that thrilled with SOI this year. I've been to SOI many many times, and it's not nearly as creative, humorous or imaginative as in those first 15-20 years. Not so much in the last 4 or 5 years...maybe budget cuts.
    Several other people have either posted comments about Evan performing his first number (aka "The Climb") in DC or they have posted pictures of him performing "The Climb" in DC. For example, YukiNieve posted a picture of Evan performing "The Climb" at the DC SOI show with the following comment: The Climb by Evan Lysacek: I think the lyrics of this song mean a lot to him. I love this number!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn2001 View Post
    I was at the DC show. Anyone know why Evan didn't do his solo to "The Climb" in the first half?
    Uh, he did. Maybe you were in the ladies' room? He was the last solo in the first act, right before "Knock, Knock". He wore black (naturally ) and had a great skate - I remember him landing a 3 flip out of a back spiral/BI double 3 - that's become a signature move for him.

SOI this year did seem more like the SOI of old, as opposed to last year, which felt more rushed together....but that's probably b/c this year, the skaters had more time to rehearse and prepare. Last year, I think they had 2 weeks right before the tour started, and half the skaters were at Worlds until less than a week before. Plus, there were a lot of skaters that only did part of the tour or a few shows. I/Z are doing that this year, but they are seasoned pros who were able to fit into the group numbers well. I liked seeing the Nats/Olys skaters last year, but there is also a lot to be said for a more seasoned cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Ok, here goes...here are my show and M&G pics. The show pics are nowhere NEAR the quality of all the professional ones posted, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8440248...th/5511057586/

I'll leave this up only for a limited amount of time before I take it down.
    I like your pics too, and the M&G ones are great! Thanks for sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post

SOI this year did seem more like the SOI of old, as opposed to last year, which felt more rushed together....but that's probably b/c this year, the skaters had more time to rehearse and prepare. Last year, I think they had 2 weeks right before the tour started, and half the skaters were at Worlds until less than a week before. Plus, there were a lot of skaters that only did part of the tour or a few shows. I/Z are doing that this year, but they are seasoned pros who were able to fit into the group numbers well. I liked seeing the Nats/Olys skaters last year, but there is also a lot to be said for a more seasoned cast.
    I'm with Debbie on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I liked seeing the Nats/Olys skaters last year, but there is also a lot to be said for a more seasoned cast.
    Yeah, I think it made a huge difference that nobody in the cast was worn out from being at the Olympics and/or the Worlds just a short while before the show. A lot of people last year just seemed *tired.*
    Last edited by CynicElle; 03-09-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: fixing mangled quote
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Added more photos to the album, including a couple of shots from practice and a few photos from the Capitol Skating Fund reception!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8440248...7626102067151/

vCash
    Found a DC review, here's the link http://msisobel.wordpress.com/2011/0...erizon-center/

vCash
    Thanks so much for the comments on my photos!

Evan did skated to the Climb in the DC show as pointed out.

I think it made a huge difference that nobody in the cast was worn out from being at the Olympics and/or the Worlds just a short while before the show.
    This is a good point.

vCash
    Good point...I still remember being mad at Nagasu for not even trying during her guest performance last year. She had a fall and then gave up.

What a major disappointment she was, especially after I was looking forward to seeing her skate live, too.

P.S. Thanks for the positive feedback on the photos! I greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by RD; 03-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Good point...I still remember being mad at Nagasu for not even trying during her guest performance last year. She had a fall and then gave up.

What a major disappointment she was, especially after I was looking forward to seeing her skate live, too.

P.S. Thanks for the positive feedback on the photos! I greatly appreciate it.
    It was during the SOI tour last year when Nagasu started having pain in her ankle, which was later discovered to be a stress fracture. Therefore, she may have 'given up' because of the pain from the injury.

vCash
    Well, I wasn't aware of that. Nevermind then
    Last edited by RD; 03-10-2011 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Oof. I'm a little tired of looking at photos now after processing photos from 3 shows in 2 weeks. Hopefully other people aren't tired of looking at them too! Here are my photos from the Stars on Ice Boston show, including Scott Hamilton, Geoffrey Tyler, and a couple shots of Tuffy Hough-Sweeney in the audience when Scott was paying tribute to her. Enjoy!

Boston Stars on Ice Photos

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast