Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Good grief. I just put in my Facebook status that Sasha Cohen shook my hand . . . and almost everyone thought I meant Borat. *weeps*
    I am used to that. Although I wowed them all with Sasha's Moonlight Sonata video, even those who don't normally like figure skating.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Wonderful photos, YukiNieve. Thanks, since some of us are nowhere near a SOI performance site.

vCash
    RD, I really enjoyed your very detailed report of the pre-show reception and the show. Too bad you lost that frame , but the good memories and pictures will help you remember the great experience.

YukiNieve, your photos are great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    - El Tango de Roxanne by Evan Lysacek: Evan really got great show programs this year; I really loved his intense performance to this music! The music is powerful but Evan's skate is even more powerful.
    http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/14...600x600Q85.jpg
    I agree! I saw Evan perform Tango de Roxanne at the Skating Spectacular and it was fantastic. Very intense and powerful. Definately not bland.

vCash
    RD, thanks for your very detailed review and your "Tweets" from the show!!

vCash
    Great photos, YukiNieve! And I agree that Evan's tango program was perfect for him.

RD, thanks for your report of the pre-show events! But man, I wish I'd had the chance to meet Kristine Musademba -- I love her!

But not Christine Brennan.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa
    I am used to that. Although I wowed them all with Sasha's Moonlight Sonata video, even those who don't normally like figure skating.
    I did that once myself. But it was a long time ago and I'm sure some of them missed it, or don't remember it.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I was at the DC show too. Don't have too much to add to everyone else's great reviews, but I really enjoyed it -- it was a vast improvement over last year's show, and there really wasn't an outright clunker in the bunch.

I've never seen Kurt skate live before and he was wonderful -- SOI really needs someone like that to help pull the show together. And I absolutely loved the number he did with Todd and Sasha. I've never seen Sasha do such a playful, whimsical program, and she was delightful. And the reaction in my section when she came out of that teeny box was hilarious. (Shallow note: I love her hair! I had no idea she had such curly hair, but the cut is adorable; the pictures I've seen don't do it justice.)

I'm really impressed by how well Belbin & Agosto are developing as show performers, though not surprised. Seeing them skate again made me realize how much I've missed them in competition this year.

And I adored Evan's tango number -- it was nice to see him have a lot more to do in the show this year, and he's still skating really well.

I was up on the concourse before the show started and saw this tiny blonde woman walk past me and immediately said to myself "OK -- that's someone. I can't place her, but I know she's a skater." Sure enough, that was Elena Bechke. Michael Weiss also came out by my section after the show was over, so I got to tell him "Great job!"

Anyhow, I had a terrific time this year; glad to see that other FSUers did too!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Here are some more of my photos, though they're nowhere near as good as YukiNieve's! (Wish I could take photography lessons from you, YN! )

Kurt

Joannie

Katia from the back. For some reason I kept getting people when they were turned away from me!

Evan

Kurt

Kyoko and John

Katia

Evan

Todd and Sasha

Katia

Tanith and Ben

Tanith and Ben

Kurt

Kyoko and John

Evan

Joannie and Michael

Evan

Bows
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    You're welcome! I'm in the middle of sorting out my pre-show pics. I did take some during the show with my point-and-shoot, but I decided to sit back and enjoy rather than fiddle around with my camera.

vCash
    I loved the show. So superior to last year's show in practically every respect. Kurt, to me, was the absolute star but I also loved Joannie, Weiss, and Belbin/Agosto.

Now...what was up with Sasha's matronly 'do? This adds 10 years, although perhaps she wanted to finally shed the pweetty-ballerini look? Too bad - glamour is gone. Katia's brown hair did not hurt her (Katia's) total look as much.

The group numbers, choreography, costumes, props, etc., were all fantastic. What a boost up from last year's 'el cheapo special.'
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Now...what was up with Sasha's matronly 'do? This adds 10 years, although perhaps she wanted to finally shed the pweetty-ballerini look?
    Not sure what the motivation for the change in hair was for Sasha but I am not a fan either. I saw some pics on a friend's Twitter stream and my mouth dropped. I thought one of the other skaters' moms had joined them backstage before I realized it was Sasha. WTH?

vCash
    You can get a better look at Cohen's 'do here:

http://twitpic.com/477p6w

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Oh. It's not good, at least in that pic.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I didn't like it either.

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    Just wanted to post my pictures from the Providence and Boston shows.

Providence - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2974242...7626219341082/

Boston - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2974242...7626219873072/
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    Just wanted to post my pictures from the Providence and Boston shows.

Providence - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2974242...7626219341082/

Boston - http://www.flickr.com/photos/2974242...7626219873072/
    Gorgeous pictures!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Oh, those lucky people in NY (and Cleveland and New England). I briefly entertained thoughts of going to the NJ show (I liked it so much yesterday, I could defintely see it again ) and combine it with a visit to my friend in South Orange, but then I saw the show is at night. My skating club is having a seminar the next morning and I'm one of the organizers, so I need to be there. Bummer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Oh, those lucky people in NY (and Cleveland and New England). I briefly entertained thoughts of going to the NJ show (I liked it so much yesterday, I could defintely see it again ) and combine it with a visit to my friend in South Orange, but then I saw the show is at night. My skating club is having a seminar the next morning and I'm one of the organizers, so I need to be there. Bummer.
    Wow, this may push me over the edge to go to the NJ SOI show. My husband is a huge fan of Meryl and Charlie so this goes a long way in convincing him to make this a family outing.

vCash
    Finally got my Providence Stars on Ice photos up. Still need to do Boston...

Providence Stars on Ice Photos

Was further up in the stands and on the opposite side as my San Jose photos. Yay for different angles. Enjoy!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast