Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

So - we need new tread, even if we didnt have a lot off good news.
    I like PJ Kwong analyse of all this situation. I like, how dhe said "Tessa and Scott have tigers hearts". And they really need feedback about there SD - wich is new.

I cant understand from Tessas interwie- did she had injury before they left to Taipei? And in this isnt old injury - this is something new?
    Hope Tessa will go to WCh only if she fell no pain and will be 100% healthy.
    And this greatest FD they could skate at CSOI. They could made it easy for Tessas legs, but made a lot off this fantastic moves from ballroom dancing. I think it will be one of the best show number in CSOI, if they will made this.
    Press-conference photos after SD
    http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...-TV-RR.jpg.php

Article at Golden skate (thank you, Doris)
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/4cc_fd.shtml

The pause continued for a little while before Virtue and Moir withdrew, citing injury. The couple never came out to talk to the press in the mixed zone Poor guys
    Last edited by pani; 02-19-2011 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    I just want to add on a positive note that V&M's SD score was awsome for a first time out. I think that they can improve on it, but that was a darn good mark for a 1st showing of that program. I was really loving their FD until she stopped. I think the bobble on the twizzle was a result of that muscle spasm...........I think she was in pain right then...think?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Totally agree! It says something when the first debut so late in the season of a program resulted in World's best score thus far. Haterz can say it's based on reputation judging but compare to the rest of the competition I think their score is fair.

As for the FD, the "trailer" performance this week is already showing so much promise. Other dancers at 4CC got positive support from the audiences during big tricks, but the first gyrate from Tessa to the first beat of the music was enough to get the crowd going at 4CC.

I do hope Tessa gets all the rest she requires before getting back to competition, no matter it being Worlds in Tokyo or wait until the next season. They reached the very top last year and the setbacks this year hopefully will give them enough motivations to want to get it back.

vCash
    I agree - they look good for fisrt time in SD ( i love there GW, there postures and expression). Maybe not in there best shape, but really good.
    And i think they look good in that part of FD, wich we saw. Maybe this mistake on twizzles was because of her problems, but it didnt look too bad - she just couldnt made last 2 twizzles and could stop doing it, because Scott was too close. And i think theer very fast step sequence look really good, and Tessa made some moves in low postition.... So they look really ready. Not like in 2009, when at there perfomance at Natioansl and 4CC look, like they skate this FD furst time. I think this is different situation now. Dont know will you agree with me or no.
    But if she stop skating - she had problems. If she still have any problems - i think they need to focus on her health.
    Today during men LP they show all team Canada at arena. Tessa and Scott wasnt there. Maybe they were with canton team.
    Canadian fans will see today big video with them (during FD broadcast).
    Dont think you will see something new or they will talk about reall situation, but hope they are not too sad now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Totally agree! It says something when the first debut so late in the season of a program resulted in World's best score thus far. Haterz can say it's based on reputation judging but compare to the rest of the competition I think their score is fair.

As for the FD, the "trailer" performance this week is already showing so much promise. Other dancers at 4CC got positive support from the audiences during big tricks, but the first gyrate from Tessa to the first beat of the music was enough to get the crowd going at 4CC.

I do hope Tessa gets all the rest she requires before getting back to competition, no matter it being Worlds in Tokyo or wait until the next season. They reached the very top last year and the setbacks this year hopefully will give them enough motivations to want to get it back.
    Hope you are more postitve today
    Did you visit competition today? Maybe you saw them at arena?
    And i have feeling, that when Scott tell to Gorshkov (referee of the competition) about withdrawal, Gorshkov said him something good about there FD, because Scott start smiling at that moment.
    I think all, who love ice dancing, wish to see all this amazing FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hope you are more postitve today
    Did you visit competition today? Maybe you saw them at arena?
    And i have feeling, that when Scott tell to Gorshkov (referee of the competition) about withdrawal, Gorshkov said him something good about there FD, because Scott start smiling at that moment.
    I think all, who love ice dancing, wish to see all this amazing FD.
    I think I felt better after listening to Tessa's interview on CBC.

Yup went to both events today. The camera man had many shots of Team Canada in the crowd and showed W/P a lot but Tessa and Scott weren't in the audience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I think I felt better after listening to Tessa's interview on CBC.

Yup went to both events today. The camera man had many shots of Team Canada in the crowd and showed W/P a lot but Tessa and Scott weren't in the audience.
    Thank you. Saw this on TV too. But they didnt show Canton teams. And T-S could made interwie for CBC. Or maybe just walking arround.
    I hope you enjoy competition. It was greate skating from sinles men today

She said in her interview that she felt the pain long before they even left for Taipei. Shouldn't she have been listening to her body then? PJ even says it was a big risk for them to go to 4CC's... meaning it was an unnecessary competition for them with her not being 100%.
    I cant understand, where she feel the pain before she left for Taipei.

AStevenson spoke to Scott Moir at the Taipei arena. He said Tessa's injury was "just a muscle pull, nothing severe. We'll be at worlds."
    From Aunt Joyce blog about T-S will going to WCh.
    The cynic in me really wonders if they would've kept going if they nailed their twizzles
    Why she "love" T-S so much?
    Last edited by pani; 02-19-2011 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    V&M have been out all season allowing Tessa to recover from her surgery. A number of people feel it's a foregone conclusion that D&W will end the season as World Champions. 4CC's was V&M's first competition of the season and Tessa clearly isn't 100% yet. Under those circumstances I doubt that V&M would be so upset to finish second that they would use a pulled muscle as an excuse to withdraw because Tessa messed up a twizzle. Even minus injury I don't think V&M are the types to withdraw because they don't feel they have a shot to win.

I felt that V&M's participation in 4CC's was to get feedback and to get a couple of performances under their belts before Worlds. While Tessa and Scott may have felt they had a shot at winning I doubt that they felt it was a done deal.

Aun't Joyce can be funny unless she/he? happens to dislike a certain team. OTOH it may not be anything personal against V&M. For some reason people in general have become so jaded that I've seen the motives of many skaters questioned when they've said they were injured. Some are under the impression that the "injuries" are convenient excuses for a lower than expected placement or if the program isn't going the way the skater might have hoped.

Again, I don't think that is the case here with V&M at all.

As much as I want to see V&M at Worlds and to see the FD in it's entirety, perhaps it might be better to sit out the rest of the season and let Tessa take a little more time to rest and heal her body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Aun't Joyce can be funny unless she/he? .
    Its funny, why do you think it couldb he, if she is "aunt"?

I agree with you, that for T-S it wasnt maine competition of the season and they wish to show there programs - thats all.
    But rumors, wich Aunt Joyce had influence on a lot off people. Like it was with rumors about Tessas personal life.
    Why people belive in all, what she post in her blog?

vCash
    From what I understand "Aunt Joyce" is just a psuedonym and the name of the blog. Last season IIRC there was some discussion that Aunt Joyce is a guy. I could be wrong. If I am sorry...

Also male or female, Aunt Joyce seems to be an insider or have access to insider information. Of course how Aunt Joyce uses that information does seem to depend on his/her own biases. The information might be true but sometimes Aunt Joyce's motives for printing the information could be questioned. Because of this I really don't read the blog that often.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Aunt Joyce is a he. He gets most of his info from FSU

vCash
    Interesting blog from PJ Kwong featuring thoughts from Tracy Wilson on injury and recovery..
    O love PJ style
    http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/

The great news is Tessa feels that this is simply a "bump in the road" and she and partner Scott are determined to defend their world title next month in Tokyo, Japan. Russell said when he pressed Scott to see if there was 'wiggle room' in their resolve to compete at Worlds, Scott Moir said simply and definitively "We're going."

vCash
    Thanks alilou.

One thing is for sure. Scott and Tessa are very determined and if Tessa was in danger of ending up like Maxim Shabalin I don't think V&M would have entered 4CC's or be so determined to compete at Worlds. It's only the first post Olympic season.

I think it would make for a fantastic story if they are able to defend their title but I would also settle for them/Tessa getting through both programs cleanly.

vCash
    Is it me, or does it seem that almost every program I see with V/M it is a latin themed program? Honestly, my favorite program of theirs is the first time I saw them skate, "Tears on my pillow and Tutti Frutti" their 2004 OD.

vCash
    2004 OD = . Now I'm going to have to watch that again. One of my other favorite programs of V&M's wasn't really a program, it was a CD. Their Blues CD performance from 2004 was to die for. It was one of the first times I had seen V&M and the rest as they say is history.

SwingDancer, perhaps part of the reason it seems that V&M skate to Latin themes often is because of the CD/OD's chosen each year by the ISU. And when the CD and OD is Latin and V&M happen to chose a Latin/Spanish FD it seems like overkill. The only Latins FD's they've done off the top of my head was 2006 Malaguena and the Tango in 2005. In 2004 they did the folk dance (I think) then in 2007 we had the gorgeous Valse Triste followed by 2008 Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 2009; Pink Floyd and of course Mahler from last year.

Of course I didn't see most of their junior FD's so maybe they did mostly Latin dances then.

vCash
    So apparently the CBC tape-playing machines were so shocked that even they refused to show Tessa and Scott leaving the ice....

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTjUg...layer_embedded
    Tessa and Scott on phone interview from Taiwan

vCash
    CBC can be such shlubs ! They've had problems with live broadcasts before, but this was tape..Not shown 'til a day later. At one point Scott Russell said they were taping the program at the same time the ladies SP was taking place..( That would have been late afternoon/early evening yesterday ( time to fix a tape problem between then and now, surely) ..Russell, Tracy and PJ were brought in for the taping. He , russell, also said they would be talking to V/M "in a few minutes "...It occurs to me that Tracy may have made some speculations during the taping that didn't hold true once they'd done the phone interview..but if Tracy wasn't in the studio by the time Russell interviewed them, there would be no time to change it.

OTOH ,Russell does do a regular Saturday sports magazine thing, and maybe the tape really did break down just this afternoon, with no time to fix it and replay before they started Hockey coverage. ( maybe his lone presence is how they could advertise it as "live" coverage )

Either way ,it was great to get another brief glimpse of the choreography and very reassuring to see the medical team right there . They must have thought she was OK to skate before the FD ( spasms are unpredictable) and I'm sure their advice must have been weighed before V/M stated that they definitely would be at world's.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 02-19-2011 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    I love to read other people's comments and have never had the courage to post anything before but - I have to say I am so impressed with Tessa and Scott. I'm sure there are many stories of courage in the sport, but I have followed them closely for years so I am more aware of theirs. Tessa must be an incredible young woman and I can't help but think that Scott (who was always good looking and funny and charming) has certainly developed compassion and the ability to put another person's needs before his own. These qualities will stand him in good stead for the rest of his life. After reading their book I am also impressed with how quiet they have been able to keep their problems. I have never been to Canton and have no idea how they train but it would seem a lot of people, including competitors, have respected their desire for privacy and leaked very little. That to me speaks well for the training environment and the sport.
    pug lover

vCash
    Very nice first post, puglover!

However did you resist for all these years?

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast