Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    @Nicolebobek77 tweeted yesterday:
    "Nicole Bobek - Love Dance I have worked and dreamed of doing this for two years. Now I share this with u all❤" http://youtu.be/r0irpQKMhKU
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm smiling - it is wonderful to see that Nicole is happy on the ice and doing what she is so good at doing. This woman has been through a lot (granted, self-inflicted much of it but don't we all do that to a greater or lesser degree) but she has come back so well and so strong. It feels good to be happy for another human being - I wish her every good thing going forward.
    Last edited by Willowway; 05-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Thanks so much for posting that link Sylvia - it was lovely to see Nicole performing again.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Nicole looks terrific. Echoing the praise for JoJo, Todd and Richard, also. I saw her in NYC in April at FSIH and she looked fabulous, happy, fit and having a great time with the girls and the other skaters.

vCash
    I saw Nicole do a hoop number with ITNY and thought she looked very comfortable with it. Glad she's now incorporating that in her regular gala appearances. It works well with her Cirque music & makes her stand out -in a good way.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Omg, the hoop!

While amazing, it looks extremely dangerous. I would like to see her about 3 feet above the ice instead of 10 feet.

vCash
    If I was watching that live, I would literally be making this -----> face the entire time she was doing the stuff with the hoop.

I would be so freaked that the harness would break, especially when her head was facing the ice.
    Last edited by casken; 05-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I would be so freaked that the harness would break, especially when her head was facing the ice.
    I'm pretty sure they use the same track as for jump harness, so you'd hope those get tested on a regular basis .

vCash
    Oh man, I would FREAK OUT and pray that whoever held the hoop had really good depth perception. She must have worked a LOT on grip strength. Wishing her continuing good health and great skating!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Oh wonderful! I love the make-up, the costume, and the inventiveness. Thanks so much for posting. It's clear how long and hard Nicole has been working on this number. I echo praise for Nicole and for the people who never gave up on her. That she is finding the strength and beauty in herself and in her skating and sharing it with the world is a testament and an inspiration to not get down on oneself or give in to hopelessness.

It would be great to see this performance as part of a full-fledged skating art fantasy on ice with Nicole and other skaters like Yebin Mok, Lucinda Ruh, Johnny Weir, Shawn Sawyer, Garrett Kling, Rohene Ward, Mark Hanretty, Weaver/ Poje, Savchenko/ Szolkowy, Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, Stephane Lambiel, Daisuke Takahashi, Max Staviski, Yagudin, Carolina Kostner, and others well known and lesser known.

vCash
    You sure know how to dish out a dream cast, aftershocks. Only names I would have added would have been Robin Cousins, Liz Manley, Hartshorn/Sweiding, Rahkhamo/Kokko, Laetitia Hubert and Bestemianova/Boukine. I have to say though, I have earned a whole new respect for Nicole since her comeback. You don't even know! What she's doing by coming back (and looking and skating so wonderfully) takes so much bravery, spirit and determination. Mad props to this woman!

vCash
    That was

vCash
    Wow! It's so wonderful to see Nicole looking well, healthy, and happy! And the gorgeous, amazing performance is just icing on the cake

O-

vCash
    She looks so radiant, but that is one of those really really really really really bad accidents waiting to happen. The danger of it kind of made it more and added to the story she was telling, but oh. my. god.

vCash
    WOW!!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    pray that whoever held the hoop had really good depth perception
    depth perception and not death perception!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    You sure know how to dish out a dream cast, aftershocks. Only names I would have added would have been Robin Cousins, Liz Manley, Hartshorn/Sweiding, Rahkhamo/Kokko, Laetitia Hubert and Bestemianova/Boukine. I have to say though, I have earned a whole new respect for Nicole since her comeback. You don't even know! What she's doing by coming back (and looking and skating so wonderfully) takes so much bravery, spirit and determination. Mad props to this woman!
    Oh, ITA!!! Definitely mad props to Nicole. I wasn't even thinking about the danger, just the wonderful inventiveness, fantastic skating and out of this world high-flying spirit of her heartfelt/ hard won dance.

I agree re your additional dream cast members for an ice fantasy extravaganza, especially Robin, H/S, R/K, and Hubert! I'd also add in Jeremy Ten, Jeff Buttle, Denis Ten, Kurt Browning, Sasha Abt, Anissina/ Peizarat, Klimova/ Ponomarenko, The Protopopovs, Delobel/ Schoenfelder, D/W, V/M, Alissa Czisny, Jason Brown, Midori, Shizuka, Shen/ Zhao, Chen Lu, Kozuka, Mirai Nagasu, Caroline Zhang, Bebe Liang, Laurent Tobel, Sasha Cohen, and perhaps even Amodio without the snarling and posing -- choreo by Kate McSwain, Garrett Kling, Rohene Ward, Mark Hanretty, Sarah Kawahara, Shae Lynn Bourne, Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren, Julie Marcotte, Pasquale Camerlengo, et al.

vCash
    Wow. I'm almost in tears

I was not a Nicole fan before this. I think I am now. That was beautiful! But..kind of dangerous and freaky too! :O

vCash
    Fantastic routine.

vCash
    This was so inspiring to see, that you can go way off track, and work your way back. Major props to Nicole and her support team.

This girl just knows what to do with music, she is such a charismatic performer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast