Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I'm a fan. It started with Ice Capades, especially The Old Smoothies, and grew from there.

vCash
    I'm just a fan and a quite new one. Figure skating isn't really that "known" in Denmark, so I first only became a fan when I entered high school 4½ ago - my parent bought me a laptop and the world of figure skating became open . Now I can watch most competitions on-line on some obscure site - though school takes most of my time, so I usually watch it on Youtube.

vCash
    I was a fan as a kid, but I didn't become a megafan until last year, a while before US Nats.

vCash
    Just a fan, since the Dorothy Hamill era.

Never had a pair of skates on in my life. Thus the name Flatfoote. My feet are, always have been, and always will be flat to the ground. No blades have ever come between my feet and terra firma.

Oh, and the e at the end is cause when I first used this moniker back on some other long forgotten and primitive message board, they re-formatted the board and everyone had to re-register. But for some reason it wouldn't take just Flatfoot, saying it was already in use (by me of course). So in order to re-register, I had to put an e at the end so it would be accepted. I've kept that persona on any skating related site since.

vCash
    I used to skate recreationally in Chelsea Piers. I've been a fan since Nicole Bobek.

vCash
    Purely a fan, since the mid to late 90s. Will be going to personally watch a comp for the first time this March.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Purely a fan! I've been hooked on this sport ever since the 1994 Olympics and have basically watched every competition since then. Nicole Bobek was my first skating love! <3

vCash
    I've been a fan since 2006 when I saw the ladies and mens event at Torino. And I skate a bit in addition to doing a lot of off ice jumping.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Adult competitive skater. Skated as a kid at an east coast rink during the Scott Hamilton, Katherine Healy and Todd Eldregde eras there. Took many years off and started again in 1995ish. Now I do my monthly podcasts (http://www.manleywoman.com) where I interview famous skating folks. I also volunteer occasionally for club events, and was on the USFS Adult Committee for two years.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Just a fan.

vCash
    I am a fan who occasionally goes skating at the local rink. I used to write an online figure skating soap opera.

vCash
    I am the little sister of a skater, a true Rink Rat, who spent most of her childhood eating frozen licorice qnd waiting for the Zamboni. Now I am a fan of everyone, but especially of my sister/supercoach and her skaters.Sometime nervous aunt/skater chaperone/hairstylist. Love the sport, so glad its not me out there!

vCash
    I'm an adult competitive skater, started at age 37. I began in freestyle, but switched to dance and synchro. I was a skating mom; my daughter no longer competes, but got her Senior tests. We both coach now. I've also served on my club's board for many years.

vCash
    We always watched FS during the Olympics, but really became diehard fans during the 1988 Calgary Olympics, thanks to "The Battle of the Brians," G&G, & Midori Ito). I regret that we didn't follow the sport more intensely between 1984-1988. Now we follow everything, attend local/regional/national competitions and shows. We also started taking fs lessons and skate recreationally.

Oh, and for years I had the Dorothy Hamill wedge cut, until the hair stylist convinced me to get a perm (that took about 6 years of convincing, LOL).
    Last edited by paskatefan; 02-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    Fan, and also what my brother calls a 'bounty hunter'; like to meet the skaters, get autographed pictures, made some DVDs of hard-to-get performances for my computor-illiterate Aunt, made a calendar for a supervisor at work of the bendy Sasha Cohen, took 6 friends and family over the years to attend Stars On Ice. First skater that caught my eye was Liz Manley, when Canadian networks had a field day over her Olympic Silver. Ever since then, it's been a gravy train.

vCash
    Fan. I've always loved skating as a child, but there wasn't an ice rink in my city, so I just had fun when I could go... I learned a bit, but all by myself and with youtube, so I don't think my jumps will receive high GOE
    Fan since 1998 Olympics, when I started to follow little newspaper articles, huge fan since 2002 when I discovered Internet I wrote sometime for an Italian website, for a skater site, and recently I've started a little blog.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Fan since Peggy Fleming days. Love going to competitions.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I've been a fan since '88 Olympics in Calgary. "The Battle of the Brians" is what did it for me. :-) I've skated on an off since I was 10, but I'm terrible (stuck at a single loop...)! I'm a club member and volunteer. I've been off the ice for over a year because my father died, and it's just been too hard. I'm planning to go back tomorrow. After seeing the Men's competition live (first time attending a competition), and RISE, the bug bit me again. The obsession continues... lol!

vCash
    Club member & volunteer, skating mom, skating wife and big fan of all the levels. Myself, I haven't been on skates since I was in high school.

vCash
    I've been a fan since 2002, when I watched the 2002 Olympics on television.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast