Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Skate Canada 2011 Announcement!

It's in Mississauga, at the Hershey Centre

http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArt...7-4b9040274247

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Ticket info:
    Tickets for the 2011 Skate Canada International go on sale on Thursday March 10th at 10:00 ET and will be available through www.ticketmaster.ca, by phone 416.870.8000 or in person at the Hershey Centre box office.

vCash
    Wheeeeeeeeee, I'm in for sure!

vCash
    Ooooh, my aunt and uncle live there. If it weren't in the middle of the semester it would be so tempting...

vCash
    Ooooo, Missy gets the prize. Hmmm, wonder if I can convince hubby that I simply MUST go and he has to take care of the puppies.
    Crazy about sports!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I suspected it would be Skate Canada International #3 in Mississauga, especially when they said that the challenges wouldn't be there this year. You can only ask so much of your volunteer pool in a fairly short time frame.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Unbelievable. I was SURE the event would move out of Ontario and that the GPF would have been staged here. I was expecting London as a tuneup for worlds. Now this messes everything up.

If the GPF is in Quebec I have to think it's Quebec City...although I think Montreal's second rink they use for Short Track Speed Skating seats about 6,500. That's an option. Not sure what other Quebec Major Junior Hockey arenas hold at least 5K seats near Montreal or Quebec.
    If it's in Montreal I'll go. Quebec City is just a bit too far although stranger things have happened. Would be a great train ride!

Now for Nats. No BC, Ontario or Quebec I'm assuming. I would say Winterpeg and Halifax are front runners, although I wouldn't rule out Edmonton, St. John, Saskatoon or Calgary. I would also have one from that list hosting 2013, too since Worlds are in London. Probably no Ontario nats that year either.

I would have preferred Nats over Skate Canada..but...meh...I'll take it.

A bunch of us live within spitting distance of Mississauga. Stay tuned for posts on billeting opportunities. I have a 2nd bedroom 25mins away from the rink so I might help out.

vCash
    Of course it is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Unbelievable. I was SURE the event would move out of Ontario and that the GPF would have been staged here. I was expecting London as a tuneup for worlds. Now this messes everything up.

If the GPF is in Quebec I have to think it's Quebec City...

A bunch of us live within spitting distance of Mississauga. Stay tuned for posts on billeting opportunities. I have a 2nd bedroom 25mins away from the rink so I might help out.
    The official announcement is next week, but Quebec City is apparently where GPF will be.

I was hoping Skate Canada would be here (Saint John). I'm not sure if we can handle Nationals though we did have World Juniors in 1997.

I don't think Halifax is in the running. Maybe Moncton will get Nationals, though they have a QHL junior team so need to work around their schedule.

vCash
    Saskatoon just had nats, Regina could do it as they could never do a gpf or SC. They are very booked in the fall, but Jan could be possible.

I'd think Alberta is due, and I'm hoping Calgary. Altho, if they're going to smaller rinks aka London, I wouldn't rule out Red Deer or Lethbridge.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't stay in Ont tho.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash

vCash
    Isn't Challenge going to be in Mississauga just a few months later, or am I mistaken?

vCash
    no..challenge is NOT going to be in Mississauga next year.

As for nationals..until you know who actually put in a bid there are no front runners. I remember someone saying Halifax had not bid...

Quote Originally Posted by iDanceonice View Post
    Isn't Challenge going to be in Mississauga just a few months later, or am I mistaken?

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Enjoy...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Well unless Moncton put in a bid, they are not a front runner. Does anyone know if they bid? I dont think St. John put in a bid though i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dave of the North View Post
    The official announcement is next week, but Quebec City is apparently where GPF will be.

I was hoping Skate Canada would be here (Saint John). I'm not sure if we can handle Nationals though we did have World Juniors in 1997.

I don't think Halifax is in the running. Maybe Moncton will get Nationals, though they have a QHL junior team so need to work around their schedule.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Just a heads up...

The Hershey Centre is smack dab in the middle of nowhere and unless you've got a for sure ride, you might reconsider.

I learned that lesson the hard way the one time they hosted the Canadian Open way back when. About 50 of us got stranded by Miss Transit inbetween the Tech and Artitistic Programs and the only place we were allowed in, was the foyer. That was close to two to two and a half hours BTW.

Never doing that again, so unless you've got a friend you can get a ride w/, it's something to keep in mind.

vCash
    Hmm. This is drivable for me. I'm planning on SA but depending on the location, I may have to think about SC instead.

vCash
    Any idea where qualifying will be? I loved having it in Mississauga.

moving right along
    vCash
    awwwww. gpf in Quebec City? beautiful location...but the arena is so remote and getting a taxi home is a real PITA.

vCash
    Mississauga!! The only easier drive for me would've been Hamilton. I am definitely going to go to as much of it as I can, depending on ticket prices. I haven't been to an elite event in almost 6 years.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast