Vote as many as you like
Vote as many as you like
I know he probably won't make the finals due to not having the stage presence needed for this show, but I love Jacee. His voice is beautiful; he brought tears to my eyes during his auditions; and he's much more mature than some of these other wannabe's in handling getting kicked out of his group. I can't even place any of the other guys, except the deep voiced country guy (I think that is Scott?), who I also like. So those are the only two I voted for at this time.
Brett is the one with the wild red hair. He & Jaycee are my favs & I hope they both make the top 10 or 12 or whatever. If Jaycee makes it, don't be surprised if Hollywood has taken over & he has slimmed down by the time the live shows start. But whether he does or not, I think he has the potential to be a teen star. He is just so likable & his voice is so good.
I’ve realized that with the men, we have guys with either strong voices…or guys who have decent voices and are marketable (America doesn’t seem to want to support a Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard or Clay Aiken…at least not for the long term). So I’ve decided to list my favourites in two categories. Those based solely on vocal ability and those who I think could have a career that could, at the very least, squeak it’s way to a Greatest Hits album (even if that CD would be on the slim side)!
1. Clint Jun Gamboa – he has the potential of an Adam Lambert (from the little I’ve seen of him)
2. Brett Loewenstern – as Randy has said, “the dude can wail”!!!
3. Colton Dixon – we haven’t seen much of him, but the little I’ve seen, he had some sweet vocals!
4. Jovany Barreto - very pleasing voice
5. Stefano Langone - see #4
6. James Durbin – (potentially) amazing vocals, but unlike Clint, he hasn’t mastered his abilities
7. Robbie Rosen – see #4 & #5
8. Jacee Badeaux – beautiful tone…but only able to sing sweet ballads??
9. Scott Mccreery – a good vocalist…but we already have a Josh Turner?
10. Casey Abrams – I remember his amazing musicianship, but not his voice…
11. John Wayne Schulz – decent vocals, I think people were blinded by his -ness
12. Chris Medina – don’t really remember his vocals anymore, but thought he was decent
As for marketability:
1. John Wayne Schulz – My guess would be that AI wants a male version of Carrie Underwood. While he doesn’t have her vocals, his hawtness will give him a real advantage (it's not like Tim McGraw is the world’s greatest vocalist)
2. Jovany Barreto / Stefano Langone - these two are interchangeable – both good-looking with good voices, both likeable (with the advantage at this point going to Stefano). In the early days of pop music, these guys would have been recruited and turned into big pop stars by the guys in the biz
3. James Durbin – he has to be open to AI and everyone else in the biz to mold and shape him into a success…on his own – he’s a mess
4. Colton Dixon – a variation on Jovany and Stefano, I think he might have some “musical genius” potential in him, but possibly an overblown ego along with that (which needs to be held in check). And he’s cute, but not quite in the “all-American” way of Jovany and Stefano
5. Scott Mccreery – I can’t see him having a bigger carrer than Josh Gracin, but maybe with the new AI team, they could guide him to a bigger country music career than Josh (and Bucky and Danny)
6. Clint Jun Gamboa – tons of talent, but he needs the AI people to help him overcome the diva treatment he directed towards Jacee…plus an image make-over (he doesn’t look like a pop star and the choices he makes with his appearance make him even less relatable)
7. Robbie Rosen – a young Billy Joel (well, the softer side of Billy Joel, anyway)
8. Brett Loewenstern - send him to Broadway's Rock of Ages???
9. Casey Abrams – AI couldn’t make it work with Crystal Bowersox, don’t know if they could make a carrer for Casey work either…
10. Jacee Badeaux – sweet kid, lovely voice, marketability factor far poorer than David Archuletta’s
11. Chris Medina – Chris who??
Colour me displeased when a jumping bean comes out of nowhere and grabs the Olympic Gold Medal.
Deleting this because I am confused. Are these the top 12 guys or just 12 guys you came up with? I don't want to spoil anything.
"Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher
Brian, Peter started this poll before the top 24 even were chosen.