Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Hide the rabbits
    But Plushy has already killed the rabbits and put them on his costumes...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra486 View Post
    Team Daisuke.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    But Plushy has already killed the rabbits and put them on his costumes...
    Now now Rexy....be nice.

The truth is, Plushy maybe killed the bunnies, but he put them on WEIR'S costumes!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I don't know how you can even discuss skating now without recognizing the influence of the anti-Lysacek revisions.
    I think you do that for the rest of us. In fact, I think you really go out of your way to talk about Evan Lysacek.... maybe it's not Plushy we should be concerned about...

vCash
    Please- like the ISU didn't change a lot of the rules because of his win? I don't know how you can even discuss skating now without recognizing the influence of the anti-Lysacek revisions.
    IIRC, quads were once worth more, but after the 2006 splatfest, when commentators were blathering about how skaters were "smart" for trying quads they couldn't land because they still got a lot of points, the ISU changed the rules. Mistakes were punished much more harshly ... and the quad dropped in importance. After several well-skated events, including 2010, the quad was increased in importance. It seems to me, therefore, that the value of the quad can be easily changed. How can you be certain it won't be reduced again in four years, especially if the next Olys is another Torino-style splatfest?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    How much are the walk off tickets? I say Evan is the Chazz, I mean the Hansel and Johnny is ... the one that can't turn left

vCash
    I seem to have missed this caseyedwards person (born under a lucky star I am) but now that I've read a few comments and I've got just one thing I want to say:

I'm thrilled that Lysacek won OGM without a quad just cause it ticks caseyedwards off so much.

That is all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    IIRC, quads were once worth more, but after the 2006 splatfest, when commentators were blathering about how skaters were "smart" for trying quads they couldn't land because they still got a lot of points, the ISU changed the rules. Mistakes were punished much more harshly ... and the quad dropped in importance. After several well-skated events, including 2010, the quad was increased in importance. It seems to me, therefore, that the value of the quad can be easily changed. How can you be certain it won't be reduced again in four years, especially if the next Olys is another Torino-style splatfest?
    I think if a competition is not at risk of being a splatfest that what is really the point? You want the skaters to try the hard moves and if a splatfest is a result so be it. Chan was trying to advance his skating by adding a quad and he fell a lot. If he landed a quad he might fall on a 3A but other times he would fall on the quad. But you can the great moments like at Canadian nationals where Chan landed everything and got one of the best performance ever at Canadian nationals a lot of people said. I think Kurt Browning said that. Like maybe Chan would have added the quads anyway but with the risk no longer being zero if you failed and ured it wasn't so risky.

I think the changes were about "hey if we don't reward any risk than a technical progression point will vanish!" I hope they don't go back because now they know what happens if they did. Vanishing quad - vanishing technical progression.

vCash
    Did I mention "Yay! hooray! Lysacek won OGM with no quad.

Seriously, quads are completely overrated. I'd much rather watch a RBO paragraph bracket (I'm completely serious about that).

vCash
    Well I liked scratch spins the most but COP basically killed them!

vCash
    Well I liked scratch spins the most but COP basically killed them!
    Evan has a really good scratch spin

Ant

vCash
    There is the myth and the truth and Lysacek did try a quad at 2010 US nationals and there was no comment on the injury until he fell and then the nonsense began about injury again. The injury was the excuse for 2009 and they are trying to make it for the Olympics. Carroll made the public statement and so did lysacek.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/18/sp...lysacek&st=nyt

There is just a lot of lies going around to justify him going quadless and it's just unbelievable. "Oh he didn't do a quad because of injury so that makes it all fine to have quadless Olympic champions" and who cares if anyone did a quad in the future.

12 years of Olympic history going backwards. Remains terrible for the sport the ISU tried to remedy the not even trying quads anymore trend.
    We are a year past this now. Does it matter whether he did the quad or not? He won, fair and square without the quad.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

Are slim suits ever comfortable for a guy to wear? It looks good on a lean and especially tall guy like Evan, but I can't it imagine it's comfortable to sit down in or to move about.
    So long as the suit fits properly it's comfortable.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    So long as the suit fits properly it's comfortable.
    Yeah,... especially on good-someone who is in a good company (go find him there ):
    www.etoday.ru/2008/11/fashion-week-in-moscow.php

vCash
    Bitter4ever's response has caused a crisis in my office. I have to clean coffee off my computer screen.

ETA...and B4E's comment about EP's costumes even put it on-topic for the post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Yeah,... especially on good-someone who is in a good company (go find him there ):
    www.etoday.ru/2008/11/fashion-week-in-moscow.php
    Was his water turned off? He couldn't wash that mop?

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Casey O. Edwards, you need to get a life. It's been a year. Plushenko did not deserve to win in Vancouver with his transition-less programs and shakily landed triples.

Evan Lysacek is the 2010 Olympic champion.
    This sums it up really nicely.

vCash
    But you can the great moments like at Canadian nationals where Chan landed everything and got one of the best performance ever at Canadian nationals a lot of people said. I think Kurt Browning said that. Like maybe Chan would have added the quads anyway but with the risk no longer being zero if you failed and ured it wasn't so risky.

And if you think the greatness of Chan's performance at Canadians was all about the jumps, then you're really missing the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    And if you think the greatness of Chan's performance at Canadians was all about the jumps, then you're really missing the point.
    I didn't say that at all and have not been saying that ever. Obviously if a skater does a quad and level three and 4 spins and steps and choreo - that it is just more impressive as a whole if that person also had a quad in their program and not just triples. Quad does not equal great it is doing everything - going all out that is great. Chan fit that bill at canadian national perfecty and is the ideal performance. Doing just triples in mens is BLAH!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I have always respected and admired Plushenko's skating and think he will always be one of the greats....at skating. Regardless of who "deserved" the gold medal (I believe Evan did,) that stunt Plushenko pulled in stepping up on the gold medal platform before the medals ceremony was the most juvenile act of tasteless bad manners and unsportsmanlike conduct I have ever seen in skating. For that alone, he will always be remembered, by me anyway, as having a major character slip there. It was not cute, funny, or meant in jest. Everybody knew exactly what he was trying to say. He's old enough to know better. Blech.

Casey, you need a new hobby.

Watch me move
    vCash
    but with the risk no longer being zero if you failed and ured it wasn't so risky.
    Does "ured" get counted under technical or PCS?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast