Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    feeling supercilious.
    ...supercilious about people who judge attractiveness by nationality?

Oh,... a wonderful signature, btw...

vCash
    Wow after all of the skating has been debated back and forth we're really arguing about Evan's hair gel and Plush's mullet

Surely we should all agree they both look awful and Dasike wins the award for best hairstyle?

Ant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Wow after all of the skating has been debated back and forth we're really arguing about Evan's hair gel and Plush's mullet

Surely we should all agree they both look awful and Dasike wins the award for best hairstyle?

Ant
    Of course, Daisuke surpassed them one more time!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    ...supercilious about people who judge attractiveness by nationality?
    Oh,... a wonderful signature, btw...
    It's an inside joke. You are not in on it. But please continue to take things literally, by all means if it helps you feel...supercilious.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Judging by your profile, your worries are unfounded. You are safe with both of them.
    Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that, Lulu. One knows things, one just does....

...then they are blessed....
    Oh no, you are blessed.
    I am with you, Rex. But then I never was into Russian men, no offense to any on the board. Yags and Plush are of course very fit and athletic. I was a huge fan of Yags' skating and Plushy's as well, up to a point but don't find them in the least attractive. Le shrug.
    I liked Artur Dmitriev; he was a big, handsome bear of a man. But Yags & Plush? Eys, le shrug, le ug.

vCash
    Judging by your profile, your worries are unfounded. You are safe with both of them.

Straight women, especially beautiful ones, surely love handsome men. But handsomeness doesn't imply only face features. Masculinity is a littlle bigger concept. So, while neither Yag nor Plush have face features that could count as "super handsome," I can understand why some straight women find them attractive.

Are you implying that thinking Plush is hot makes a woman beautiful?

As for his Oly LP, it doesn't matter if some viewer finds wonky jumps enchanting. Wonky jumps should not get the same GOE as clean ones. That's not how the rules work.

vCash
    Straight women, especially beautiful ones, surely love handsome men. But handsomeness doesn't imply only face features. Masculinity is a littlle bigger concept. So, while neither Yag nor Plush have face features that could count as "super handsome," I can understand why some straight women find them attractive.
    Are you posting from a crack house?

Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    That, and only straight women can lurve handsome men! Guess I'll have to hate on myself .
    As for his Oly LP, it doesn't matter if some viewer finds wonky jumps enchanting. Wonky jumps should not get the same GOE as clean ones. That's not how the rules work.
    It does in the sometimes deluded world of uberfans. Play Misty for Me.

Banned Member
    vCash
    It's an inside joke. You are not in on it. But please continue to take things literally, by all means if it helps you feel...supercilious.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that, Lulu. One knows things, one just does....
    I am happy to hear that you are interested in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I am glad you were inspired by the Beauty and the Beast.

Once again, it's really wonderful to see how the Evan/quad/Casey thread ended up with lame trolling about Plush.

You go, Man!!!

vCash
    *frowning* awww, this thread was taking such a playful turn before.

I do, however, wish people would stop comparing Ilia to Leonardo di Caprio. Ilia is much better looking than Leo.

vCash
    Once again, it's really wonderful to see how the Evan/quad/Casey thread ended up with lame trolling about Plush.

You go, Man!!!
    Which was hmmm...started by a fan of Plush who doesn't like the way Evan looks...skates...ad nauseum...

Back to topic, it will be interesting on the quad end to see World's this year, especially Dai, Patrick Chan, and Evan Bradley "go for the four" (rotations).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    That looks like a caterpillar. I want to try:
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Cute caterpillar! I want one too.

Banned Member
    vCash
    it will be interesting on the quad end to see World's this year, especially Dai, Patrick Chan, and Evan Bradley "go for the four" (rotations).
    I hope there will be more than those three who will go for a quad and land it. In Europeans there were 8 men who successfully landed a quad in FS. In the Worlds it should be more. I hope the first 10 will surely try it. I could be naive of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I do, however, wish people would stop comparing Ilia to Leonardo di Caprio. Ilia is much better looking than Leo.
    What? Who compared Ilia to di Caprio?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

True -- especially now!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Um, can someone explain any major resemblance between the two to me? I don't see it, and for the record, another vote for Ilia for cuter.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    What? Who compared Ilia to di Caprio?????
    Um, can someone explain any major resemblance between the two to me? I don't see it, and for the record, another vote for Ilia for cuter.
    I remember a big deal was made out of this resemblance after the Games in Nagano, which took place as Titanic became a big hit. One of the syndicated US entertainment shows made a big deal out of this too, IIRC. There was some lame connection between skating on ice and the Titanic hitting ice . Or was it a heartthrob on ice vs. a heartthrob whose ship hits ice....some corny shit anyways.

Neither one of them does it for me, so I cannot say.

vCash
    Ilia >>>>>>> Di Caprio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I remember a big deal was made out of this resemblance after the Games in Nagano, which took place as Titanic became a big hit. One of the syndicated US entertainment shows made a big deal out of this too, IIRC. There was some lame connection between skating on ice and the Titanic hitting ice . Or was it a heartthrob on ice vs. a heartthrob whose ship hits ice....some corny shit anyways.

Neither one of them does it for me, so I cannot say.
    Believe it or not, they did this to Katarina Witt back during the 1984 games - Brooke Shields was a huge celebrity in the USA at the time, so Katarina became the "Brooke Shields lookalike." Never saw it, myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Believe it or not, they did this to Katarina Witt back during the 1984 games - Brooke Shields was a huge celebrity in the USA at the time, so Katarina became the "Brooke Shields lookalike." Never saw it, myself.
    Other than the bushy brows, no. Kat always did have that rockin' bod, however.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast