Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I like quads. I want to see a quad loop, landed in a competition.
    Kevin Reynolds' is looking pretty good in practice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApzeFtzKhwc
    Should be just a matter of time.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Caseyedwards meet Let's Talk....you two have a lot in comon
    Actually, I think OP is the one who surely met CaseyEd. Judging by the opening post here the whole thread was for Casey, not for Evan or a quad.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    How is it we are still going on about this a year later? :/
    Probably because folks are hungry for quads. FS is a sport afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Or Menshov in his next competition, since there was video of him doing a very nice one in practice over the summer.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3GnlX4TlY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    The truth is, Plushy maybe killed the bunnies, but he put them on WEIR'S costumes!
    And Johnny dyed them pink and platinum.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    And honestly, I think Plushenko should not have been on the podium : Stephane and Daisuke are so much better !
    Seriously, the real crime wasn't that Plushenko didn't get gold, it's that Daisuke didn't get silver instead of him. And one would think since casey thinks a splatfest with great everything else is so wonderful, they'd totally agree with that--Daisuke rotated his quad, even if he faceplanted, and everything else about his skating including all his other jumps was superior to Plush. If he'd landed that quad he would have been the clear winner. Evan had the best clean program of the night, Daisuke had the next-best overall and would have had the best without the fall. Plushenko was a hot mess in the LP and was given a MASSIVE holding up and should have been happy he wasn't placed lower than he was.

Give it a rest, caseyedwards. Even the fashion-blog readers think you're nuts.

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Actually I don't care for quads that much, if it would have been the only "less" in L.'s skating efforts. Unfortunately the poor amateur is full of "less'". Sorry, this result will always be a disgrace to me. Daisuke Takahashi is the true Olympic Champion!
    Last edited by Zokko!; 02-19-2011 at 10:16 AM.

vCash
    If Takahashi did land that quad he would have been more deserving than Plushenko for gold. I still think he would have been a great silver medalist if Plushenko won gold. Both Takahashi and Plushenko both believed that the jumping portion of a program should have a quad. Takahashi said he would not have been comfortable going to the Olympics and not doing a quad. Because if Takahashi landed that quad and then did everything else he did that night even with Plushenkos two quad triples - Takahashi really did have everything! He would have been the has it all - all around great skater. Lysacek is just not that at all. His jump ceiling is at triples-that is not moidern.

vCash
    Vancouver definitely are my favourite Olympics!

vCash

Thumbs up

sorry, double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Lysacek is just not that at all. His jump ceiling is at triples-that is not moidern.
    Since the first (unratified) quads were first seen in competition only around the early 1980s, I wouldn't call quads exactly "moidern" either.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    If Takahashi did land that quad he would have been more deserving than Plushenko for gold. I still think he would have been a great silver medalist if Plushenko won gold. Both Takahashi and Plushenko both believed that the jumping portion of a program should have a quad. Takahashi said he would not have been comfortable going to the Olympics and not doing a quad. Because if Takahashi landed that quad and then did everything else he did that night even with Plushenkos two quad triples - Takahashi really did have everything! He would have been the has it all - all around great skater. Lysacek is just not that at all. His jump ceiling is at triples-that is not moidern.
    if
    if
    if
    if
    if
    if
    if
    if

this is so comical!

vCash
    Lysacek can wear the hell out a good suit, got to agree.

Whoa, that's a gross pseud -- "Pinkcheese"? (poster responding to the "mysterious" caseyoedwards at that link)

vCash
    Both Takahashi and Plushenko both believed that the jumping portion of a program should have a quad.
    Fortunately skaters are not judged on their beliefs about program composition.

vCash
    I think you'd all find Plushenko would have been much happier losing to Takahashi.

But then again, Plushenko could have kowtowed at Evan's feet, called him the greatest skater of all time, and you lot would still not have been happy. I wasn't aware that Plushenko was the personification of all evil.

vCash
    I think you'd all find Plushenko would have been much happier losing to Takahashi.

But then again, Plushenko could have kowtowed at Evan's feet, called him the greatest skater of all time, and you lot would still not have been happy. I wasn't aware that Plushenko was the personification of all evil.
    If Plushenko had been humble and not such an asshole after the event he would not be as disliked as what he is now. It has very little to do with how he skated, although that was pretty crappy, especially for his standard. Face it, his jumps were off, and if he doesn't have those all he has is bad hair.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    If Plushenko had been humble and not such an asshole after the event he would not be as disliked as what he is now.
    This. Personification of all evil? Aren't we exaggerating a bit? I think when a person is such a great athlete we hope he or she will rise to the occasion and show great character to go along with great performance. Athletes don't have to be great people, it's just really fabulous when they are. Alas, it was not to be with Plushy. That doesn't make him evil....just less than he could be. It was disappointing. Maybe he'll learn from the experience. He's young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Fortunately skaters are not judged on their beliefs about program composition.
    Yes they are! I think Lysaceks win under the old IJS rules shows that!

Totally!! When I first started reading this board before the Olympics in 2009 there was the exact same level of Plishenko dislike here as there was after the 2010 Olympic free skate! Yeah lots of people here really LOVED Plushenko until the 2010 Olympics! LOL! It has always been venomous toward Plushenko here-but not just here-pretty much everyhwere except Plushenko fan boards!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    -but not just here-pretty much everyhwere except Plushenko fan boards!
    And what does this tell you????? BTW-I don't hate Plushenko at all. Admire his skating of the past, think he's way past his prime, and don't care for his looks, personality or behavior. But I certainly don't hate him. I hope he has a nice life.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    If Plushenko had been humble and not such an asshole...
    ...he is quite an angel comparing to me or you.

Lovely to see how an Evan/quad/Casey thread ended up with being a Plush thread!

But not sirprising at all.

vCash
    No, they're judged on the elements they actually do and how well they do them. The points are then added up. There are some requirements but a quad is not one of them.

If you feel so strongly about it perhaps you should lobby the ISU to make quads mandatory elements at ISU comeptitions.

I've never been a Plushenko fan but I'll be the first to admit that had he skated closer to his potential he would (and should) have won. He needed to do about 80-85 % of what would be the best he could do at that point in his career to win and he did about 70-75 %.
    Lysacek did about 95% of what he could do.

95% of Lysacek just beats 75% of Plushenko. Since the quad (as much as you love it) isn't a required element there's no penalty for not doing it. Sorreeee.

And I though Plushenko's behavior and comments just after the competition were pretty bad. Taking the top step (even for a moment) and then talking a lot of smack about the man who beat him (and the judges!) set a new record of personal arrogance for him.

If he ever does skate again in an ISU competition I wouldn't be surprised if the judges aren't nearly so generous with him.

vCash
    Then where on the planned program sheets is the section for "beliefs on the jumping part of the program having a quad"?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast