Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Validation
    vCash

Evan Lysacek and his "quadlessness".

Apparently Plushenko reads "Go Fug Yourself." Check out the comments under this article by the Fug girls about Evan Lysacek and fashion week.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...ng_skatin.html

vCash
    I can't believe this Friday will mark the one year anniversary of Evan's OGM. It seems like it was only 2-3 months ago, LOL.

Are slim suits ever comfortable for a guy to wear? It looks good on a lean and especially tall guy like Evan, but I can't it imagine it's comfortable to sit down in or to move about.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

S/he REALLY needs to get over it.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Geeze, I'm sure that twat is of NO relation to the quad-loving Caseyedwards of FSU....oh, wait....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I'm a little dense, so just want to be sure:

You are all referring to a recognizable FSU poster in the comments section of this article, right?

vCash
    "Evan Contemplates Return to Competition at Vera Wang"?? Whoever wrote the headline on this story needs to go back to journalism school, or basic grammar classes. Unless Vera Wang has installed an ice rink in her studio and plans to host skating competitions on it.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    LOL I was looking to see if there were one year anniversary articles and found that one and commented. I didn't see why not even if the fashion was the focus!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I didn't see why not even if the fashion was the focus!
    Why am I not surprised?

Seriously, every time I see this kind of thing, it only makes me happier to realize that Evan Lysacek is the reigning Olympic champion!

vCash
    LOL I was looking to see if there were one year anniversary articles and found that one and commented. I didn't see why not even if the fashion was the focus!
    Dude. Running around the internet universe looking for any articles to comment on re Evan isn't um, a little obsessive?

vCash
    Er, I still don't think Evan should have won, but I'm not about to call his skating as a whole "worthless".

It's been a year. Even Plushenko himself is over it (well, as over it as he can get. The guy still hates talking about Salt Lake City) and wants to look to the future. I suggest we fans as a whole should do the same.

This is figure skating. There will ALWAYS be contentious results and skaters who were robbed, and the judges sometimes make wrong calls. I can think of several calls the judges have made that were much worse than the Vancouver result - 2002 Europeans for a start. At the end of the day, the ISU have changed the rules, and yes, that means you need to be getting a quad asap if you're a man and want to win. (PCS, however...well that's another story.)

And I mean, think about it. At least Evan skated clean. How would you feel as Nobunari Oda, watching Chan get a gold medal in spite of four falls?

vCash
    People talk like Evan never had a quad. He did but didn't include it after his injuries. He had a fairly decent one the season before (or maybe the one before that).
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    People talk like Evan never had a quad. He did but didn't include it after his injuries. He had a fairly decent one the season before (or maybe the one before that).
    You are correct. Lysacek landed quads in competitions in 2007, 2008, and 2009. Lysacek landed a quad toe in the long program at the 2009 Four Continents Championship. Shortly before the 2009 World Championships Lysacek was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Therefore, Lysacek did not attempt a quad at the 2009 WC.

As a general rule, skaters do not attempt jumps in competition that they do not get to train on a consitent basis. Lysacek was unable to train the quad on a consitent basis because of reoccurring pain in his left foot. When faced with a choice of training the quad and risking the chance of having another stress fracture that could take him out of the Olympics, or not train the quad and be healthy to compete in the Olympics, Lysacek chose the latter.
    Last edited by SkateFan66; 02-17-2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: To correct the spelling of Lysacek. :)

vCash
    By the way, I never saw your reply to Rosalyn's question; therefore, I will ask it again: Casey, how's your quad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    You are correct. Lysacek landed quads in competitions in 2007, 2008, and 2009. Lysacek landed a quad toe in the long program at the 2009 Four Continents Championship. Shortly before the 2009 World Championships Lysacek was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Therefore, Lysacek did not attempt a quad at the 2009 WC.

As a general rule, skaters do not attempt jumps in competition that they do not get to train on a consitent basis. Lysacek was unable to train the quad on a consitent basis because of reoccurring pain in his left foot. When faced with a choice of training the quad and risking the chance of having another stress fracture that could take him out of the Olympics, or not train the quad and be healthy to compete in the Olympics, Lysacek chose the latter.

There is the myth and the truth and Lysacek did try a quad at 2010 US nationals and there was no comment on the injury until he fell and then the nonsense began about injury again. The injury was the excuse for 2009 and they are trying to make it for the Olympics. Carroll made the public statement and so did lysacek.

Both Lysacek and his coach, Frank Carroll, defended the skater's decision to try a quad, saying he will need it in Vancouver.

"He can do the quad, why shouldn't he have tried it?" Carroll said. "This morning he did one in practice. He did it today in the warm-up. You know Abbott will do it and he did, and he scored through the roof.

"[Evan] is going to have to up the ante in this program. The program looked labored after the fall on the quad. The triple loop, he never misses it, ever."
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

His attempt to land the quad in the long program, however, did not go as planned. He fell and ended up getting only 1 point for the sloppy attempt. When he was done with the program, he slapped his hands together and stuck out his tongue.

His coach, Frank Carroll, called the performance labored, but Lysacek was more positive.

“I think my plan for this event went pretty much accordingly,” Lysacek said, adding that he did not regret trying the quad because he needed to practice it under pressure.

“What happened here is absolutely not a reflection of what I’m going to be like at the Olympics,” he said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/18/sp...lysacek&st=nyt

There is just a lot of lies going around to justify him going quadless and it's just unbelievable. "Oh he didn't do a quad because of injury so that makes it all fine to have quadless Olympic champions" and who cares if anyone did a quad in the future.

12 years of Olympic history going backwards. Remains terrible for the sport the ISU tried to remedy the not even trying quads anymore trend.

vCash
    Casey O. Edwards, you need to get a life. It's been a year. Plushenko did not deserve to win in Vancouver with his transition-less programs and shakily landed triples.

Evan Lysacek is the 2010 Olympic champion.

MoveOn.org

vCash
    Please- like the ISU didn't change a lot of the rules because of his win? I don't know how you can even discuss skating now without recognizing the influence of the anti-Lysacek revisions.

vCash
    ^^^Evan is an Olympic STAH! A stah like no othah....his FS was like a porterhouse steak, perfectly cooked, with no onion rings. Plushy's was chopped sirloin with preformed dollar store onion rings .

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Geeze, I'm sure that twat is of NO relation to the quad-loving Caseyedwards of FSU....oh, wait....
    of COURSE NOT!!

vCash
    Team Daisuke.

(Beating the dead horse will not change the fact that Evan is a champion.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Casey O. Edwards, you need to get a life. It's been a year. Plushenko did not deserve to win in Vancouver with his transition-less programs and shakily landed triples.

Evan Lysacek is the 2010 Olympic champion.

MoveOn.org
    I am starting to get concerned for Plushy, actually.

vCash
    Hide the rabbits

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast