Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Excuse me, Independence Day is a great movie. It may not be the best movie ever made but it's certainly enjoyable.
    Greatest movie ever because Jeff Goldblum is in it!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I liked The Pursuit of Happyness, but thought he was woefully miscast as Ali.
    But...but....Ali said Will was the only actor pretty enough to play him.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    nevermind - wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The bar thing is not such a huge deal where I live. Bars allow 18 and up in but only 21 and up can drink. It would not be unusual at all for an 18 year old to have their party at a bar or to go out to a bar that night since they officially can.
    The problem I have with the entire thing is this: The Cyrus family was making a fortune from the Disney name and image. Show a little respect. Would it have been so hard?
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Also...who names their kids after themselves that way? Seriously.
    Well I dated a guy who named both his kids after himself.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    But yeah, like so many other actors who start out so strong, he became more interested in a paycheck than putting out real quality work.
    I think everyone is more interested in paycheck. Some people do combine paychecks with other things, but it is very hard to turn down that much money.

vCash
    I still blame his mullett and hit song "Achy Breaky Heart" for the family problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    have you watched the show? I am very careful about what my kids watch, and they watched Hannah Montana. It is a very kid and family friendly show. Miley Cyrus is not Hannah Montana, and vice versa. I also don't allow my children to dress like Ho's but they do have Hannah Montana clothes and music. My children do not read gossip magazines, they do not watch tabloid tv, and they do not go to Perez Hilton, or tmz websites. They have no idea that there has ever been controversy surrounding Miley, they know her as Hannah Montana.
    Didn't you know that it is your television's responsibility and the responsibility of celebs to parent your children?

Kidding aside your post makes me want to clap. I cannot stand when parents blame Paris Hilton, Britney Spears etc..for decisions their children make. Kids cannot even be kids anymore. I go to a pretty expensive salon to get my hair done and cannot believe the amount of tweens who get highlights and manicures all while carrying their Coach bags. It's like their parents cannot wait for them to grow up but as soon as they get in trouble for their ho outfit at school, Britney Spears gets blamed LOL.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Men in Black was a great, great film - and I looooove both I Am Legend and Hancock
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    ...Jada has a VERY shady background, VERY. I cannot stand her. She's lucky she got her a Will Smith.
    Details, man details!

Edited to add: Oops! I should have finished reading this thread.
    Last edited by Civic; 02-22-2011 at 06:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    The problem I have with the entire thing is this: The Cyrus family was making a fortune from the Disney name and image. Show a little respect. Would it have been so hard?
    A little respect? To Disney? .... ....ooooookay.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Also...who names their kids after themselves that way? Seriously.
    Victoria and Nicholas Newman are named for their parents, Nikki and Victor Newman!

sez she dealt that shit when she lived in Baltimore. I've heard this from too many different sources to dismiss it as gossip. I can't stand drug dealers.
    Really? If she grew up under difficult circumstances and managed to rise above it, I'd give her some points for that. And if she used some of her millions to help those less fortunate than her overcome similar challenges.

My issue with her is that she looks like she works out WAY too much, and has that dehydrated look of bodybuilders right before competition - her arms may look great on the red carpet, but it pulls her face in very weird ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Details, man details!

Edited to add: Oops! I should have finished reading this thread.
    She was a supposedly a big ol' drug dealer back in Baltimore before coming out to Hollywood. She owns a property in Baltimore, IIRC, that was involved in a huge drug sting a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Really? If she grew up under difficult circumstances and managed to rise above it, I'd give her some points for that. And if she used some of her millions to help those less fortunate than her overcome similar challenges.
    Lots of people grow up under difficult circumstances and they don't sell drugs in order to make it. I could never justify that. I cringe now when I hear some celebs, especially in the hip-hop community, talk about how they sold drugs before they hit it big. Someone could have possibly OD'd or DIED because of them. I've seen too many people die from drugs and all of its nasty aftereffects to give someone "points" because they sold them to "get by". No one. I know of a couple of "mainstream" actors - a big sitcom star and an Oscar-nominated actress who sold them too. Don't have time for them.

My issue with her is that she looks like she works out WAY too much, and has that dehydrated look of bodybuilders right before competition - her arms may look great on the red carpet, but it pulls her face in very weird ways.
    She's botoxed. Lately she's been wearing wigs to hide the immobile parts of her face. Sandra Bullock did this recently at the Globes. She had that horrible wig on to hide the fact that she could barely move her face.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I had forgotten about Pursuit of Happyness, and I LOVED Six Degrees of Separation. I Am Legend was good too. But there were so many bad ones . . .
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    But there were so many bad ones . . .
    The Wild, Wild West, Hancock, The Legend of Bagger Vance....allegedly, he's in talks to do a remake of Alfred Hitchock's Suspicion. Leave it alone, Will.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I liked The Wild, Wild West. It wasn't necessarily a good movie, but it wasn't a bad movie either.

I've liked him in pretty much everything he's been in that I've seen. But I haven't seen most of the movies that people are bitching about. (Mostly because they looked stupid.)

Um, so what does this have to do with Billy Ray Cyrus?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Um, so what does this have to do with Billy Ray Cyrus?
    Showbiz parents with kids in showbiz. And their respective successes (or lack thereof) in parenting.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Greatest movie ever because Jeff Goldblum is in it!
    Jurassic Park remains my favorite movie of all time for a reason.

vCash
    Billy Ray liked that show enough and wanted his daughter promoted so he posed for magazine pictures with her etc.. He could have said no, could have limited her exposure, but that taste of big money just couldn't be spit out. Now it's biting him back.

As for the Smiths... i didn't notice willow at first because Jaden looked like the most spoiled cocky kid ever. His facial expression in pictures just made me want to turn the page because he was so smug. Willow is no better. She just looks totally entitled.

When you grow up with parents who have everything, and who probably told them they could be whatever they wanted, and seeing the Hollywood crowd come visit all the time, of course they'd grow up thinking they could act that way and of course that behaviour makes them appear precocious. What 10 year old from small town America has that confidence and support system? Not many.

vCash
    Badams I have seen the show,and I still wouldn't let my kids watch it,sorry.It's too mature for the audience that was being drawn into it. I've had piano students in the past who were in the 1st-2nd grade,dressing like Hannah Montana.It's not cute.Kids should be kids.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast