Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    In the future U.S. Figure Skating should seek for the ISU to alter broadcast/webcast rights to require all contracted ISU events be shown by the rights holder or they don't even get to bid for said rights.
    I am right with you on this.

I am very disappointed in Universal Sports/NBC and their handling of ISU Championships that are not Senior Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    I dream of a world that one day there will be a channel dedicated only to figure skating and accessible to all.
    I have the same dream. If I had the I would do this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It does suck that we don't get any coverage, but it's not like I could watch the overwhelming majority of it anyway. All of the events are either in the middle of the night or while I'm at work.
    UniSports does mucho repeats...

-Bridget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Universal Sports has been asked via Twitter, and Facebook for an explaination as to why they are not covering the event when they have the rights to do so. Total Silence! I can only assume they have no reasonable response. If they did they would not be hiding under their collective desks.

In the future U.S. Figure Skating should seek for the ISU to alter broadcast/webcast rights to require all contracted ISU events be shown by the rights holder or they don't even get to bid for said rights.

Can you tell this is one Pissed Skating Fan?
    So NBC/Uni *bid* on it so noone else could have it, only to do nothing with it?? GRRRrrrrrr

-Bridget

JEWELS.
    vCash
    A response!

@universalsports
    We are currently in discussions to stream the #4CC. Should have a definite yes/no answer tomorrow. We will keep you posted

vCash
    Ooh, here's hoping then. Fingers crossed they don't run into the same roadblock ($$$ I assume) that Skatebuzz did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    A response!

@universalsports
    Pleeeease do it!

vCash
    I don't even know why they are being so stingy with it! For TV reasons do they not want to pay commentators? I forget which GP but they aired one live without commentary for an hour. Skate America?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Obviously skatebuzz gave it their all... I wonder what was the fly in the ointment ?..( someone's greed seems probable )
    How do we know that they gave it there all? And when you say greed, do you mean the cost of the stream?

This is a major competition and to have no Canadian coverage on TV, let alone live stream, is unacceptable. Of course I have to accept it, but am not doing so happily.

CBC is giving a token amount of time to ice dance . Annoying enough..but I really don't know why they couldn't have at least given a similar token to the other disciplines as well. Gr-r-r-r. I feel a complaint coming on.
    I was thinking of complaining as well.

vCash
    Sigh. I think complaining to the CBC is not the right move. Cranky fans are more likely to make them wash their hands of the whole thing. I wish we could see more but I am glad that at least we get something.

I now have the luxury of being able to watch competitions in the middle of the night if I want without worrying about work the next day so I really would like the chance to see them. Unfortunately it just isn't going to happen.

Too bad SkateBuzz won't stream it because, even for those who cannot watch live they were immediately archiving the stream for on demand viewing at your convenience.

vCash
    Hope springs anew...maybe even in Canada, since skatebuzz has piggybacked from Univeral Sports' feed in the past...

vCash
    A response!

@universalsports
    Oooh! That's good... but was *reallllllly* hoping for a TV broadcast... I'm still crossing my fingers for that+++

With Alissa's, D/W's, and the Shibs' terrific placements all season plus the excitement of Bradley and Y/C, I just cannot imagine no TV broadcast

-Bridget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I don't even know why they are being so stingy with it! For TV reasons do they not want to pay commentators? I forget which GP but they aired one live without commentary for an hour. Skate America?
    SA FD. It was the BESTEST FD I've ever watched...

-Bridget

vCash
    Skate Talker, there is some truth in that old adage that "honey attracts more bees than vinegar", but then lol sometimes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". lol Who knows what to do>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    Oooh! That's good... but was *reallllllly* hoping for a TV broadcast... I'm still crossing my fingers for that+++....
    Me too! Doesn't hurt to wish.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    *Sighs* this is so frustrating... 4CC is not an inferior championship anymore.. All the A-Teams are going (Except for US Men and thas because the A-Tean ended up being a bunch of newbies so the actual B-Team here is arguably stronger). The level at the top will be way higher than Euros yet this event is always treated like it doesnt exist..

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    4CC is not an inferior championship anymore.. All the A-Teams are going
    Exactly, both the ISU and icenetwork in their articles pointed out that all four world champions will be competing at Four Continents.

vCash
    A response!

@universalsports
    Crossing fingers!

vCash
    At this point I don't care. I just want to be able to view it live SOMEHOW from Canada. I'm cool with non-geoblocked-foreign-language internet content!
    Do we have a winner as far as that goes? I need to know if I should start taking my uppers later this evening...

JEWELS.
    vCash
    ^ The first post in this thread lists the live coverage available.

Right now, CCTV 5 is showing pairs SP live 6:30am - 8:30am Eastern NA early Thursday AM.

Hopefully tonight I can work on finding reliable CCTV5 streams. Everyone is welcome to help with this .

The only events with potentially live coverage (for those in North America, etc.) are Pairs SP and FS (CCTV5) and Mens FS (Fuji TV).

Hopefully Universal Sports will come through and provide a stream, but nothing is certain at this point.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if I'm staying home on Friday because I got up in the middle of the night on Thursday.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast