Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Thank you very much for bringing up the discussion of rocker vs. 3 turn. How will body positions differ in that case?
    On the entry to a bracket (assuming forward bracket), your back stays pressing against the circle and your free side shoulder stays pulled back the whole time; you never release it. If you're doing a forward outside bracket, your free hip is open and turned out on the entry as well. You will feel like you are aligned squarely over your pelvis, not really leaning to either side. I always feel like a crab walking sideways with my hips open, LOL.

On a rocker (I'm specifically thinking forward outside rocker), your back is not pressing against the circle as you enter the turn. Your skating side shoulder presses against the circle, but you release your free side and let that shoulder (and hip and leg) come forward just before the turn (then pull them back as you exit the turn). On a rocker entry, you don't stay squared over your pelvis, you'll actually feel a lean over the skating side as you release the free side and enter the turn.
    Last edited by Doubletoe; 02-18-2011 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    yes that is true... but i never see that happen even with people learning brackets on the first day. and ESPECIALLY when they are taking a test which requires brackets
    It's typically people for whom brackets are WAY out of their league. Like, they can barely do all the 3-turns, but they decide to try brackets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12