View Poll Results: Who is your favorite?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rachael Flatt

7 9.86%
  • Emily Hughes

6 8.45%
  • Melissa Bulanhagui

1 1.41%
  • Melissa Telecky

1 1.41%
  • Alissa Czisny

44 61.97%
  • Danielle Kahle

0 0%
  • Ashley Wagner

11 15.49%
  • Megan Oster

3 4.23%
  • Megan Hyatt

1 1.41%
  • Megan Willams Sturt (I'm not sure how she spells her name)

0 0%
  • Katy Taylor

4 5.63%
  • Other...please say who if you mark.

13 18.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who is your fav. Freestyler?

Ok fokes!!!! I want to know from the Pole I post,who your fav. Freestyle Skater (still skating only) is.

vCash
    Mirai Nagasu.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    My favorite US lady is Czisny with Nagasu close behind.

I've never heard of Telecky or Sturt. Can you tell me more about them?

vCash
    Megan Williams Stewart* competed in US Nats a few times.

vCash
    Ashley and Alissa.

vCash
    PML at the poll choices !
    Actually, I like all the US Team : Alissa, Rachael, Mirai and Ashley !

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    My fave US ladies are: Czisny, Wagner, and Nagasu

Flatt officially lost me with the overly hyper, uncontrollable Lysacek arms during the footwork sequence in her East of Eden SP. I haven't seen such a cringe-worthy copycat display since Joubert's Yagudin inspired footwork.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I've never heard of Telecky or Sturt. Can you tell me more about them?
    Melissa Telecky competed 3 times at US Nationals -- twice as a junior in 2004 & 2005 and once as a senior in 2009: http://tracings.net/tele-meli.html
    Trivia: Her hometown is the same as the Czisny twins' -- Bowling Green, Ohio.

Megan Williams-Stewart last competed at US Nationals in 2008 before switching to represent Puerto Rico at 2009 Nebelhorn Trophy: http://tracings.net/will-mega.html

To be fair, E. Hughes, Oster, Hyatt, Taylor, Telecky and Williams-Stewart never formally or publically announced their retirement from competitive skating as far as I know, which is probably why they're included in FSWer's poll.

ETA: Maybe FSWer could start a new poll titled "Who is your current favorite U.S. lady?" There are 12 possible choices in a poll, right? If yes, the choices could be from the top 11 in the 2011 US Nationals Senior Ladies results plus "Other" (please state name): Alissa Czisny, Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu, Agnes Zawadzki, Christina Gao, Ashley Wagner, Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Joelle Forte, Melissa Bulanhagui, Kristiene Gong (11th) or Caroline Zhang (12th) instead of Gong since she is much better known?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Thanks- I had heard of a few of the other girls who aren't really big names (Oster and Hyatt) as they were both UGL girls, and I think I may have announced them on practice ice when our club hosted. (Or else, their names sound similar to someone I did announce...).

I see based on their placements, and that they skate out of other regions, that it makes sense I had never heard of these girls.

FSWer must really follow the sport well to know about so many unseen skaters.

vCash
    Wow - Alissa's way ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I haven't seen such a cringe-worthy copycat display since Joubert's Yagudin inspired footwork.
    True but I gave her my vote though for her showmanship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Melissa Telecky competed 3 times at US Nationals -- twice as a junior in 2004 & 2005 and once as a senior in 2009: http://tracings.net/tele-meli.html
    Trivia: Her hometown is the same as the Czisny twins' -- Bowling Green, Ohio.

Megan Williams-Stewart last competed at US Nationals in 2008 before switching to represent Puerto Rico at 2009 Nebelhorn Trophy: http://tracings.net/will-mega.html

To be fair, E. Hughes, Oster, Hyatt, Taylor, Telecky and Williams-Stewart never formally or publically announced their retirement from competitive skating as far as I know, which is probably why they're included in FSWer's poll.

ETA: Maybe FSWer could start a new poll titled "Who is your current favorite U.S. lady?" There are 12 possible choices in a poll, right? If yes, the choices could be from the top 11 in the 2011 US Nationals Senior Ladies results plus "Other" (please state name): Alissa Czisny, Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu, Agnes Zawadzki, Christina Gao, Ashley Wagner, Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Joelle Forte, Melissa Bulanhagui, Kristiene Gong (11th) or Caroline Zhang (12th) instead of Gong since she is much better known?

Are we saying that Emily Hughes,Megan Oster,Megan Hyatt, Megan Willams,Katy Taylor, and Melissa Telecky are ALL Retired?!!!! When,why?!!!! What's happening to all our skaters? BTW. they were listed as having competed in 2010.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Where were the 6 skaters listed as having competed in 2010? I only know that Emily Hughes last competed at 2010 US Nationals and Megan Williams-Stewart at 2009 Nebelhorn Trophy. It's normal for skaters to move on with their lives if their competition results aren't improving by the time they are college-age (18 or 19 years old).

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Are we saying that Emily Hughes,Megan Oster,Megan Hyatt, Megan Willams,Katy Taylor, and Melissa Telecky are ALL Retired?!!!! When,why?!!!! What's happening to all our skaters? BTW. they were listed as having competed in 2010.
    Emily Hughes went to college. Megan Oster couldn't qualify through regionals after getting third at jgp final in 06-07. Katy Taylor had a rough GP that same season, skated well in nationals during the short (but fared rather poorly in the long), and didn't skate the next season.

Hyatt qualified for nationals once or twice. Megan Williams Stewart switched countries and not sure whether she's still skating. Telecky I've heard of and seen once or twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Thanks- I had heard of a few of the other girls who aren't really big names (Oster and Hyatt) as they were both UGL girls, and I think I may have announced them on practice ice when our club hosted. (Or else, their names sound similar to someone I did announce...).

I see based on their placements, and that they skate out of other regions, that it makes sense I had never heard of these girls.

FSWer must really follow the sport well to know about so many unseen skaters.

LOL,thanks for the compliment Skitti. That makes me feel so good.

vCash
    Does anyone here know fure sure if any (or) all these girs retired right behind our backs? Or do they all still compete?

vCash
    My guess is that many of them no longer compete at the highest level. I would also venture to guess, however, that they are still skating in a recreational manner..trying to pass all their tests, etc. Some of them also might coach young skaters. I know Joelle Forte is coaching young ones and she is skating better than she ever has in her life!

It's not uncommon for some of these skaters, though, to just disappear off of the map..I can also think of Angela Maxwell, Brittney Rizo, Chrissy Hughes, Jane Bugaeva, Erica Archambault, Rhiana Brammier..etc. that never formally announced their retirement. As Sylvia said, some will compete for a very long time because they love it, or others might wish to move on during college.

vCash
    Gee...all this time we've been fans of skaters who don't even skate. That's why I haven't seen them compete on tv. Some here should keep us updated on all our skaters. So we can know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's not uncommon for some of these skaters, though, to just disappear off of the map...Erica Archambault..
    Archambault skated last winter in a professional tour in Mexico, IIRC. I believe AP McDonough was also on the tour.

I competed against Telecky at competitions in and around Michigan for about a decade. I don't think she's skating anymore (and at least isn't competing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    True but I gave her my vote though for her showmanship.
    Ditto here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast