vCash

Romeo and Juliet on Ice

In honor of Valentine's Day, this one hour syndicated program has been making the rounds of local TV stations across the country for the last couple of weeks.

Dorothy Hamill, Toller Cranston, and Brian Pockar star in this 1982 "ballet on ice". In all my years of recording skating, I don't think I have ever watched this one. Does anyone know any of the other skaters who were in it? Did anyone watch it?

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I found a section of it on YouTube. I wasn't even aware that it had been on local TV stations the last couple of weeks. I hate I missed it because I've never seen it before, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032DwlgcNHo
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Brian Pockar was Romeo - had the perfect look for it.

vCash
    I remember watching it back in the days. There was also a Sleeping Beauty one with Roz Sumners and Robin Cousin.

Those type of skating specials usually bore me to tears though.

vCash
    I watched it. Caught it by accident while channel surfing. It was a wonderful production.

vCash
    On that note, I have a girl skating to Romeo and Juliet this year (roller, Jnr Solo Dance) and am looking for a great costume for her. I've done lots of internet searching but nothing has really grabbed me yet. The girl is 5'11" with a great body which is a good thing as we don't have to disguise or hide any body parts. Can anyone think of any memorable Juliet costumes they've seen? Skating or non skating, we can always adapt. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I like several of the costumes Vivien Leigh wore in her and Olivier's Broadway production of Romeo and Juliet.