vCash

Club support to skaters

Just wondering what kind of support does your club give to skaters. And what kinds of things do skaters have to do to earn it. Are these decisions made on an ad hoc basis or does the club have strict procdures that are followed?

Just going through a review of club guidelines and procedures for these sorts of things and doing some research.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Do you mean e.g. giving grants for expenses like competition entry fees and travel costs?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Yes that kind of thing.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Just wondering what kind of support does your club give to skaters. And what kinds of things do skaters have to do to earn it. Are these decisions made on an ad hoc basis or does the club have strict procdures that are followed?
    Our club gives a stipend to skaters who qualify for sectionals, nationals, junior nationals. The amounts are determined each year depending on the location of the event and the state of club finances, but everyone who meets the same criteria gets the same amount.

A smaller club I once belonged to gave smaller amounts to every member who competed at all, regardless of placement. Or maybe just in qualifying competitions. I got a check once -- probably the one time I went to Adult Nationals.

vCash
    Our club used to give stipends to only sectional and above skaters, but recently expanded scholarships all the way down to basic skills.

I PMed you the link to the document.

vCash
    Our club members get a credit on their next-year's membership for testing at the club.

Competitive skaters who go to Regionals/Sectionals/Nationals receive a skater support check at the end of the year to help offset their expenses, but it's really small. Rumor has it the club won't be doing it this year because membership is down.

vCash
    My club also gives skaters who go to a qualifying competition a support check. Last year myself and the lady who also did Adult Sectionals in a Qualifying event fleece jackets. I didn't expect to get a check as well, I was grateful for just the jacket.

vCash
    Our club gave the skaters who went to qualifying Regionals a club jacket. Another club in the area gives some money toward costs of qualifying Regionals and above.

vCash
    Thanks for the responses.

I have already drafted some guidelines, but after discussions within our club just felt I need to do some research to help clarify what kind of support we should be proposing.