Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 204
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,359
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I re-fell in love with the Shiba Inu last night... what a sweetie.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,946
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    the herding group is full of smart dogs Shelties are super intelligent as well
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I haven't read the results, but I know I'll need to whip this out ...



    Whippets
    wuz
    robbed!




    okay, carry on

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Partying in the teachers' lounge
    Posts
    2,484
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, I am a beagle fan and almost missed the hound group last night. Wanted that 15inch beagle to win the group, but was happy for second place.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,714
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    I'm pulling for the bedlington in the terrier group tonight. I watched the Bedlington group online a little while ago and it was a great group. They are posting videos from today every little bit.

    I'm watching the Cane Corso group (which I think is one of the new breeds) right now while I'm waiting on a student. Interesting breed!
    Last edited by Allen; 02-15-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  6. #66
    AYS's snark-sponge
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    in the Bobrova & Soloviev Fan Clubhouse
    Posts
    41,557
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15750
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I haven't read the results, but I know I'll need to whip this out ...



    Whippets
    wuz
    robbed!




    okay, carry on
    The whippet was a great dog! Whippets wuz robbed. Whippets are incredible dogs!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I was afraid to read this thread because I had a feeling that the competition was on the weekend and I didn't want to be spoiled ... I didn't realize that we're actually getting live(ish) broadcast in Canada this year. Yay! (Oh, and for any Canadians that miss it on TSN last night and tonight, it repeats on the weekend on OLN. Don't know if the US OLN is doing the same, but I'm guessing they are.)

    Anyway, 2 of my faves won their groups last night: the Scottish Deerhound and the Beardie. But mostly I'm happy none of the poodles won. Not that I have anything against natural poodles, and I esp. love standards, but I hate, hate, hate the show grooming they're expected to wear. And the rationale is so bogus: if the "pom poms" are supposed to keep their joints warm, why shave them at all? Other, much hairier, dogs don't have to be humiliated with bad hairdos to go for a swim.

    Of course I'm also opposed to all the breed "standards" that require tail docking or ear cropping, and I wish the US standards would get with the times and ban those barbaric practices like they do in the UK.

    Ok, rant over.

    Looking forward to the terrier group tonight, they're my favourites.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,084
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's not that I really hate poodles, but I refuse to believe that every year, the poodle is the best representation of its breed in the group. Every single year. Until this year. We were shocked that they got shut out.

    Poodles are the Katy Perrys of Westminster this year.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    It's not that I really hate poodles, but I refuse to believe that every year, the poodle is the best representation of its breed in the group. Every single year.
    Whenever I encounter that "the poodle is best. of course" attitude I always think of Jane Lynch's character in Best in Show.

    Actually I think of Best in Show every year when I watch Westminster ...

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,714
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Whenever I encounter that "the poodle is best. of course" attitude I always think of Jane Lynch's character in Best in Show.
    "Rhapsody has two mommies!"

    That's my favorite line in the movie.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  11. #71
    podcast mistress
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    Posts
    7,814
    vCash
    2367
    Rep Power
    1742
    I hate poodles with a passion, and too am always pissed they seem to get picked over and over and over. Glad they didn't.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,236
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I hate poodles with a passion, and too am always pissed they seem to get picked over and over and over. Glad they didn't.
    It's not the poodles that I hate - it's the stupid cut which makes no sense to me - and the explanaton last night was just silly - if they want to keep the joints warm don't shave the dog at all! It's for that reason I don't like it when they win best of group/show. So glad that didn't happen last night

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Left of Center
    Posts
    1,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So many fine looking Cardigan Welsh Corgis this year. But I don't know if a Cardi has ever won a big show? I shall have to take comfort in the occasional Pembroke win
    IMHO - this format favors the bolder breeds. All that noise and activity suit Terriers just fine. My Cardigan and Sheltie like a well-ordered universe.

    Wish that I could dress some of those handlers.
    All that Polyester and support hose.... Not to mention the "Uni-boob"!

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I haven't read the results, but I know I'll need to whip this out ...



    Whippets
    wuz
    robbed!




    okay, carry on
    That was one gorgeous Whippet last night. Great coloring, lovely face. I love Whippets.

    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    So many fine looking Cardigan Welsh Corgis this year. But I don't know if a Cardi has ever won a big show? I shall have to take comfort in the occasional Pembroke win
    I liked the Cardigan last night much better than the Pembroke. I think that Cardigans are overlooked. The Beardie and the Cardigan were my favorites in the herding group last night, especially the Cardigan. Gorgeous, lovely puppy. Wished people liked them more.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,417
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    Wish that I could dress some of those handlers.
    All that Polyester and support hose.... Not to mention the "Uni-boob"!
    Stacy & Clinton had a dog owner-handler on What Not to Wear a few years ago (she had a Pom I think, but I could be wrong about that). She was young and slim so didn't exhibit those particular faults, but she was pretty "drabtastic" as Stacy like to say. She basically spent all her time & effort dressing and grooming the dog!

    Never mind the uniboob, I'm surprised some of those women don't concuss themselves with the bouncing when they run!

  16. #76
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Partying with the Skate Gods
    Posts
    39,958
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    17004
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I was afraid to read this thread because I had a feeling that the competition was on the weekend and I didn't want to be spoiled ... I didn't realize that we're actually getting live(ish) broadcast in Canada this year. Yay! (Oh, and for any Canadians that miss it on TSN last night and tonight, it repeats on the weekend on OLN. Don't know if the US OLN is doing the same, but I'm guessing they are.)

    Anyway, 2 of my faves won their groups last night: the Scottish Deerhound and the Beardie. But mostly I'm happy none of the poodles won. Not that I have anything against natural poodles, and I esp. love standards, but I hate, hate, hate the show grooming they're expected to wear. And the rationale is so bogus: if the "pom poms" are supposed to keep their joints warm, why shave them at all? Other, much hairier, dogs don't have to be humiliated with bad hairdos to go for a swim.

    Of course I'm also opposed to all the breed "standards" that require tail docking or ear cropping, and I wish the US standards would get with the times and ban those barbaric practices like they do in the UK.

    Ok, rant over.

    Looking forward to the terrier group tonight, they're my favourites.
    On behalf of my two Standard Poodles.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,385
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2563
    My baby Lab, age 3, turned and watched the beginning of the Sporting Group. However, she has no attention span, so she almost missed her twin but I pulled her back into it. Oh, and my old Lab, age 12, slept through the whole thing, she's already had her two treats for the night, time to nap.

    And the Golden is gorgeous.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,714
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    The golden retriever really was beautiful. I also thought the wire haired pointer was really beautiful.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

  19. #79
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Partying with the Skate Gods
    Posts
    39,958
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    17004
    This Irish is supposed to be a hot dog. I've had two Irish setters. Gorgeous, but dumb as a rock.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,714
    vCash
    2634
    Rep Power
    29418
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    This Irish is supposed to be a hot dog. I've had two Irish setters. Gorgeous, but dumb as a rock.
    I had an Irish when I was young, but he dug holes all over the yard and my mom made my dad get rid of him.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •