Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    what about an instrumental version of tori amos winter...i've always loved that ex program of Michelle's.

vCash
    Something from Stavisky, maybe? I think Sondheim might work for Ashley. At least this music...it's from a movie he scored. For some reason, none of it is on Youtube, though.

What else? Maybe Chess from the musical Chess; why am I on such a musical kick?* Maybe John Williams, like 1941 or...omg, am I the only one who can see Ashley as a female Indy? Sorry. I'm going nuts here.**

*Umm, while I'm on it, I'll just say that I've always dreamed of a LP set to the overture from Candide.
    **On Williams, I've hoped for a while that someone would do a Harry Potter program.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Since we are on the topic of Harry Potter, how about Buckbeak's Flight by John Williams?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    On her latest video, she mentioned wanting something more upbeat and happy, a change from the dramatic, dark music she's used for the past couple of seasons.
    You can't get much happier than HAPPY VALLEY by Vanessa Mae, B/S short from 1999. This program got a little lost because it was one of the years when they were having brutal fall comps. If you emote right through to the end you can get the audience up on its feet, plus it has texture and changes of tempo. One of my faves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qzy7VRWwE4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I suggested A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics from the A Beautiful Mind soundtrack and Violento (Up Mix) by Bailongo.
    I like the Beautiful Mind music.
    If you want to go in that direction and get softer, I'd go for Latika's Theme from Slumdog Millionaire. The piece is almost exactly SP length...almost no cutting. Only heard Mc/Bru use a small cut of it in 2010 LP. Thought a woman would have chosen it by now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgzjA...eature=related
    Last edited by Rock2; 02-16-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: better link

vCash
    Just saw a tweet from Ashley, "I just discovered the soundtrack from "A Beautiful Mind", so pretty."
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I would suggest Fugata by Piazolla (performed by Yo-Yo-Ma) . Very upbeat and not overused. Needs to be added to something though (only 2:05 min usable). Denkova&Stavisky OD from 2002 is really cool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Oj-...eature=related

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Just saw a tweet from Ashley, "I just discovered the soundtrack from "A Beautiful Mind", so pretty."
    OMG, that's awesome!!!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Wagner for Wagner, but I doubt she's good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Holy schnikes! She may have actually listened to my suggestion! I'll go choreograph it for her as well if she wants
    Last edited by Allen; 02-16-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Slightly off topic, but have you seen this?
    No - cool choreography.
    but i've definitely heard of the Next Ice Age company, which I hope is still going strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Since we are on the topic of Harry Potter, how about Buckbeak's Flight by John Williams?
    Or "a window to the past": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZB9nPMvS4

vCash
    Music from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

vCash
    Someone's got to skate to The King's Speech soundtrack. If not Ashley, someone else. I'm listening right now and it's beautiful, in a quiet and understated way. None of the pieces (except the Beethoven) is longer than 4:00, but they could do some combining.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Someone's got to skate to The King's Speech soundtrack. If not Ashley, someone else. I'm listening right now and it's beautiful, in a quiet and understated way. None of the pieces (except the Beethoven) is longer than 4:00, but they could do some combining.
    You'll see about nine Canadian ladies skating to that next year for their SP. Our girls like soft tinkly music that doesn't stress them out going into the triple salchows they can't do. I think they feel they fall more softly, too, to this kind of music.

Ashley can do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    You'll see about nine Canadian ladies skating to that next year for their SP. Our girls like soft tinkly music that doesn't stress them out going into the triple salchows they can't do. I think they feel they fall more softly, too, to this kind of music.
    Ouch and OUCH!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post

Ashley can do better.
    You're probably right about a lot of them skating to it. I don't think it's "tinkly," though. Don't get me wrong, I know there's an awful lot of tinkly piano music out there, but I don't think this is.

Come to think of it, it's more Alissa than Ashley. If Alissa could make that Windham Hill stuff sound good -- and I think she's one of the VERY few who could make it sound good -- she could make something glorious out of the TKS music.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...undtrackcollec

soundtrack from Julie and Julia.....light, airy, catchy.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Aw .. I love the whole soundtrack for "The King's Speech." I don't know if it would necessarily suit Ashley's style, though.

Don't throw tomoatoes at me, but I would love for her to consider "Totentanz." I know that Irina, Michelle, and Nobu skated to it (I think it particularly suited Irina and Nobu), but I think that it is powerful music, and that would go with Ashley's powerful athletic style. OK, I happen to love the music, too!
    Last edited by paskatefan; 02-19-2011 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    ^ Actually I think Totentanz would work great with Ashley.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast