Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lady Gaga frankly would disappoint me if she didn't show up inside an egg. Music needs its OTT weirdos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    The Black Keys just upset Arcade Fire for Best Alternative Album. I'm kind of "meh" about The Black Keys personally, but I know a lot of people who love them.
    Then I guess it's not looking good for Arcade Fire to win the album of the year. Personally, I like this current album from the Black Keys and am fine with them winning for Best Alternative album.

Jeff Beck just won for best instrumental for Nessun Dorma. I want to see one of the men skate to that next year. Beck showed up in sloppy jeans and a t-shirt and his speech consisted of saying "thank you" and then analyzing his speech as being a "sh@t speech."

Lady GaGa must be trapped in her egg because she didn't accept for best pop vocal performance.
    Last edited by Allskate; 02-14-2011 at 12:01 AM.

vCash
    Cee Lo Green won for Urban/Alternative

vCash
    I really wanted AF for album of the year but I guess I can't expect it. Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    I really wanted AF for album of the year but I guess I can't expect it. Oh well.
    It's Em's year, I think. However, I'd be fine with anyone not named Katy Perry winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Keith Urban won
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    The Black Keys just upset Arcade Fire for Best Alternative Album. I'm kind of "meh" about The Black Keys personally, but I know a lot of people who love them.
    I really like The Black Keys, but thought Arcade Fire's album was superior. I didn't think Arcade Fire had a chance to win Best Album anyway, but this just about seals it. Too bad as I think Arcade Fire is definitely the best of the Best Album nominees. Gaga always makes crap (her outlandish costumes only hide her insipid musical work, IMO) and still Katy Perry manages to be worse. Eminem is a great rapper, but this was definitely not his best effort.
    Last edited by jenny12; 02-14-2011 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Sufjan Stevens should have gotten some nominations (I think Age of Adz is album of the year), but the Grammy's never recognizes indie music.

I'm really hoping Gaga kicks Eminem's butt for Album of the Year. I found Em's album to be really disappointing, and The Fame Monster remains outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Gaga always makes crap (her outlandish costumes only hide her insipid musical work, IMO)
    I happened to flip on 60 Minutes and they are showing an interview with her. Total freakshow.

I'll stick with the performers who only have to stand there and sing (and/or play)and they can hold an entire audience's attention. Anyone with true talent as a musical performer needs only that.

vCash
    Lady Gaga frankly would disappoint me if she didn't show up inside an egg. Music needs its OTT weirdos.
    I really believe she came from a planet called "Derivativus" where mediocrity is upheld as an artistic ideal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I'll stick with the performers who only have to stand there and sing (and/or play)and they can hold an entire audience's attention. Anyone with true talent as a musical performer needs only that.
    I think she does have true talent, but people get distracted by all her nonsense. I think she would rather be known for meat dresses and eggs than her singing.

vCash
    Well, I'm not the biggest Gaga fan, but she was once an aspiring pianist/singer that did just play and sing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JILEN View Post
    I really believe she came from a planet called "Derivativus" where mediocrity is upheld as an artistic ideal.
    Welcome to pop music.

Seriously, I listen to a lot of musically complex, highbrow stuff too, but I won't apologize for loving Gaga and all her silliness.

vCash
    I happened to flip on 60 Minutes and they are showing an interview with her. Total freakshow.

Although I do think Lady Gaga has talent, she always makes the most bland, run-of-the-mill pop music that doesn't match the way she presents herself. I'm fine with artists who present themselves in unique ways, but I think it comes off pretty laughable when her music itself is so mainstream.

vCash
    Welcome to pop music.

Seriously, I listen to a lot of musically complex, highbrow stuff too, but I won't apologize for loving Gaga and all her silliness.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Although I do think Lady Gaga has talent, she always makes the most bland, run-of-the-mill pop music that doesn't match the way she presents herself. I'm fine with artists who present themselves in unique ways, but I think it comes off pretty laughable when her music itself is so mainstream.
    I think Gaga is talented and won't apologize for loving her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Keith Urban won
    Been a fan since "But for the Grace of God".

Hey - it's the Lady Ree tribute. Wonder if Christina Ag will forget the words to one of her songs?

ETA - how come Ag gets the sparkly microphone?

vCash
    Xtina didn't find a new hair stylist since the super bowl

vCash
    I love the Grammy's. Aretha, we plan to solute you by having people who aren't as awesome as you sing your songs. This will remind everyone how awesome you are.

vCash
    I love the multi-Diva screech battles!

Christina would be considered one of the great singers if she just toned it down a bit.

vCash
    I wonder if Christina screams because there's tarantulas on her eyelids and a fright wig on her head?

I love Martina McBride.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast