vCash

websites to buy all things skating?

Hi! Does anyone have any website reccomendations where I can purchase skating supplies? The rink where I skate does not have a good shop and I need a place to go to purchase laces, tights, etc.
    Thanks!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash

Thumbs up

http://www.skate-mart.com/

The website isn't the most organized, but they are much cheaper than Rainbo and will match prices!

Reasonable shipping rate, also.

vCash
    Just thought to add that I'd rank their customer service/ communication at about a 2.5- 3 out of 5. I've ordered from them twice. The first order shipped promptly, whereas the second order took over a week to ship.

If you order an item and they run out before they ship, they don't notify you beforehand-- they just don't ship it. With the first order it wasn't a major issue, with the second order the items were prizes for 2 skaters. I just happen to call to check the status of my order and was told that they no longer had the ordered items in stock. I was able to switch to a comparable product, but had I not called, my package would have been shipped without the items.

Refunds take up to one month to process. This is not listed on the site, this is what I was told when I inquired about an item that I returned to them at the end of January that hasn't been processed yet.

This is just a brief assessment of my personal experiences with this particular vendor.

I've ordered from other places, but won't review them now. It seems like ice skating sites either have "low" prices and spotty customer service or great customer service and astronomical prices.

What are your experiences with buying figure skating gear?

vCash
    I don't have a lot of purchase history, but I've had good experiences with http://www.icessorizeunlimited.com/ They have a really nice selection of dresses. It's also worth trying some of the dancewear websites. Mainstreet dancewear has some skating items, and so does Dancewear solutions. (The dance sites have TONS of tights.)

vCash
    Are these all that are available re: the big skating e-commerce websites? Any other favorites?
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 03-08-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Skateweb has a huge listing of all kinds of skating-related websites, large and small.
    "You just can't underestimate the power of positive underwear." 2013 Fruit of the Loom ad

vCash
    Since you asked, a little shameless self-promotion: http://www.cafepress.com/figureskate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Lee View Post
    Since you asked, a little shameless self-promotion: http://www.cafepress.com/figureskate
    Oh I love this one!