vCash

Cell Phone Plan Question

After over four years of marriage, and with money being an issue more than ever, I'm trying to get off the lazy train and consolidate my husband and my cell plans.

All we want is phone only, no texting, no internet, for two people. What monthly amount is "reasonable" for that? Our current service provider quoted me $60.00/month to consolidate. Right now we're paying two separate bills (my antique $25/month plan and his $50/month plan).

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Have you considered going with a pay by the minute phone? If you don't use your phone very much this could be significantly cheaper. However, if you use a lot of minutes then $60 for 2 phones isn't bad. How many minutes will that get you?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I looked into a cell phone recently and could have got a plan for about $30.00 that allowed for a reasonable amount of minutes, given that I use it for business purposes. Texting was included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Have you considered going with a pay by the minute phone? If you don't use your phone very much this could be significantly cheaper. However, if you use a lot of minutes then $60 for 2 phones isn't bad. How many minutes will that get you?
    550 daytime minutes, unlimited weekend, minutes carry over. My husband does use his phone a lot for business.

vCash
    Don't know if you've already cut cable or internet, but you can get 2 phones for about $40 if you bundle on a Verizon FIOS plan. Only problem is that VZ does not have rollover minutes, so your husband won't be able to build a bank of minutes to use when work gets crazy.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan