Watch me move
    vCash

It's a Beatles Anniversary Day!! (50 Years since first Cavern Club performance)

And also the 47th anniversary of the first time they played on the Ed Sullivan show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-12381875

I know someone who grew up in Liverpool, and who during his lunch break at work would go see the Beatles and all the other bands that played at the Cavern. He says it was as great as you might imagine it was, although it was very hot and you would come out of there all wet from the condensed sweat that would drip off the ceiling.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    ... although it was very hot and you would come out of there all wet from the condensed sweat that would drip off the ceiling.
    Eeeeewww!

As a coincidence, I just watched Nowhere Boy last night. Good film, although the fact that it was about John Lennon was almost incidental -- really more about family dynamics.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I remember that Sullivan appearance. I had little experience with rock. My parents were of the Big Band generation (I still love the music), and my older brother was into classical and folk. So 9 Feb 1964 was an eye-opener, and a bit of a life-changer. In fact, I started drumming because of Ringo (and Charlie Watts).
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK