vCash

Sears Stars on Ice- Canada

Hello all,
    I have a question for you. I've got tickets to the Vancouver show- is there a meet and greet or autograph signing or anything? If so, how would one obtain a ticket?

Thanks for your help. It's my first Stars on Ice and I'm very excited!!

~T.

vCash
    I don't know how it works in Canada, but for premium fan club members, you can sign up for the Meet & Greet for your respective show. According to the US SOI website, the M&G registration for the first three US shows has opened (it may be closed at this point). Once you have registered, you should receive an e-mail confirming the registration, and a few days before the show, you will receive additional directions on the time, what to bring with you, etc. You will get to meet 2 - 3 skaters, and you probably won't know which ones until the actual M&G. BTW, it has been announced on the SOI US website that all M&G's will take place before the show this season. There is a window of opportunity for this, so you need to check the SOI website (in your case, for Canada. Good luck with this. I hope you get to do this, if you are willing to join the Fan Club at the premium rate (in the US, it's $50.00).

vCash
    I know that in Toronto, there was no sign-up or ticketing system for the Meet and Greet. They just showed up at the Sears at Toronto Eaton Centre, sat down, Kurt Browning did a little speech, and off the fans went to ... meet and greet! It would begin at 12:00 noon and some people started lining up at 8:00 am. The Sears security would limit you to one autograph (e.g. if you had a skate that you wanted them to autograph, you could have that done, but you couldn't ask them to autograph other materials like posters/photos) and the security people were pretty mean about preventing fans from taking photos with the skaters (because it took a long time for the line to move along) but some fans just pushed the boundaries and did it anyway and the skaters were very nice about it too.
    Last edited by lovelikelatte; 02-09-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Grammar, although there are probably still more errors. WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WAUNT.

vCash
    I was at SOI in Vancouver 2 years ago and the Meet and Greet at Sears was like for Toronto, ie no sign-up or ticketing system. BUT unlike in Toronto the line was quite short, so you could easily get more than one autograph, take pictures and/or chat with the skaters (as long as it didn't take *too* long). Kurt Browning and Jennifer Robinson were there, and Stéphane Lambiel just showed up unexpectedly at some point (I think he was doing some shopping) so he joined the fun and signed autographs/took pictures too. It was all very relaxed.