Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Center Ice Arena? In college, I used to skate there and Ontario Ice - both were 2 or 3 miles apart on the same street. It was hilarious.
    Center Ice is on Plum Street in downtown Ontario, it is approx. 12 years old, full size NHL and is owned by the Kwan family.

Ontario Ice Center, yes 2 or 3 miles west of Center Ice, is 40 years old, has a very small (80 x 140?) rink and is owned privately.

SWP will be held at Center Ice.

BTW-Skate America is being held 6 miles east of Center Ice, at Citizens Business Bank arena, starting the day after SWP.

Come to Ontario in October, get a full week's worth of figure skating!
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post

Come to Ontario in October, get a full week's worth of figure skating!
    I wish we could! We're planning on coming to San Jose for US Nationals in January!

vCash
    Ilia and Katia is just the dream team of FS ! To take the best of the best in all aspects of FS can't be better provided than with those two.
    And the ice rink opening is just the dreamy venue.

But I don't know how Ilia will do to make the rink survive with only FS sessions and private lessons. An ice rink is very costly and even when there are public sessions, hockey and other mass public programs, it is quite hard to ensure a full cover of fees.
    Hopefully Kulik has taken all these aspects into consideration before setting his business model. For now I would'nt believe it the way it is shown, I will have to see on the long term. I don't know how it is possible to pay the expensive bills of the ice rink with only money from skaters, considering they can't be too many on the ice at the same time. If Ilia wants to ensure good training conditions he can't allow more than a certain number of skaters at the same on the rink (and this number can't be high).

But if it works, and I hope it will, that would be a tremendous success for him and Katia, and for the FS community, proving that FS can live by itself as long as the quality is offered. Not everybody could do that though !

vCash
    Maybe we should use the new thread that was started now that the Kulik's Skating official web site has been launched (or a mod. could merge the 2 threads?): New Kulik/Gordeeva skating center
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345