Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dundas View Post
    Whining from a bunch of typical white racist losers.
    And how do you know that everyone posting in this thread is white?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I wonder if chinese mothers teach kids how to cheat or lie? When I think of China, counterfeit comes to mind.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I should say I'm not surprised. When I saw JIN at the JGPF last year, I asked myself, 16 years old? Are you kidding me?

You know, I like SUI/HAN team. I think Han's bio is potentially correct 'cause his birthday is 1992/08/06 in the 2007 document. But Sui's birthday is weird. I remember SUI/HAN was on the Entries list of 2009 Jr Worlds. But because of 18 days, they didn't go. If she were born in May, it would be ridiculous to move it to July.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I wonder if chinese mothers teach kids how to cheat or lie? When I think of China, counterfeit comes to mind.
    That is very unfair and uncalled for. I feel offended.

attending the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at ISU Headquarters!
    vCash
    Who were the authors of the articles written during the huge stink about the Chinese gymnasts falsifying their ages at the Olympics? Find out who they were and we should bombard them with messages regarding this latest issue with the Chinese falsifying ages. At the very minimum, it should spark some interest over at SI, Yahoo!Sports and ESPN because this is obviously an ongoing practice of the Chinese sports federations. The London Olympics aren't that far off now, just 18 months. Plenty of time for them to start investigating now and blow the whistle on the divers and other athletes that you just know of which the Chinese are falsifying ages.
    Future FSUer to me before Gedevanishvili's SA 2010 SP - "Aunt Karen, what is she wearing?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well I'm quite sure that the Japanese and Korean federations might have something to say about the different rules for the Chinese federation. After all in 2006 Mao Asada and Yu-na Kim, could have won/medaled in Torino, but both federations followed the rules. Now sure Japan still got the OGM, but I'm sure 2 Olympic medals would have been better than one. And S. Korea was left without a single competitive figure skater at the Olympics.

Its not about "losing" as it is annoying and unfair to the federations who follow the rules. I'm sure the Russians would love to have Sotnikova compete at the Senior level right now too.

I was someone who was defending the Chinese "cheating for awhile" but somehow I saw the light during the Team Competition in Beijing. While I disagree with the age rules, its not right or fair that the age rules only apply to some and not to everyone.
    Well said. Japan would also have its first pair skating World Junior title (Takahashi and Tran) if not for the Chinese federation's cheating.

vCash
    It looks like our friends across the Pacific are up to their old tricks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    This is a serious issue, but it is very silly to accuse all the Chinese people for liars. I understand why Marco feels offended.

Of course, the same age rules should apply to everyone.
    OTOH, I really doubt that 12-13 -year children understand the seriousness of it all. In that age, most of the kids will be older than they really are.

vCash
    I remember discussing the age discrepancies of the Chinese gymnasts at the Beijing Olympics with a Chinese-American friend of mine, and she said that birth dates given according to the Chinese (lunar?) calendar are totally different from those that follow the Western calendar. The difference is such that there could be at least a one-year span between the Western and Chinese birth dates (I'm not sure which comes first) on a Western calendar. When they first arrived in the US, my friend's immigrant parents provided their Chinese birth dates even for official purposes until it was made clear to them that the Western dates were required. Even to this day, the parents' friends and family celebrate their birthdays on the Chinese dates.

Now, I'm not saying that the official ages of these Chinese skaters weren't falsified, but is it a possibility that the Western-style birth dates were given for international (ISU) purposes while the Chinese dates were used domestically?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Now, I'm not saying that the official ages of these Chinese skaters weren't falsified, but is it a possibility that the Western-style birth dates were given for international (ISU) purposes while the Chinese dates were used domestically?
    I get what you're saying. But the age discrepancies for a lot of these is often more than 1 year.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    I know that they know that they can get away with it - but this carelessness is simply disappointing. If you cheat, at least do it with style and care, like a good Slytherin - you just don't leave tons of documents all over the Internet that can provoke a discussion full of and . It's just not good for our nerves.
    It's the way complicated bureaucracies work. Some reliable party cadre is writing the "new" birth dates puffing on a Panda ciggie, while at the very same time Ms Liu, a fresh grad with good connections, carelessly enters the real dates at the website. Her thoughts are not about possible discrepancies, she thinks who she needs to shag to get those accessories she saw in "Sex and the City - 2". One day the party cadre and Ms Liu finally shag. Cheating? Yes, as the guy has been married for 40 years. Style? Yes. Ms Liu is stylishly attired now. Careless? No, the old wife doesn't know anything and Ms Liu is on the pill. Birth dates? What birth dates?

vCash
    Funny how the Communists use whatever calendar suits their purposes.

vCash
    You'd think by now the IOC would realize this is a systemic problem with the Chinese and act accordingly.

vCash
    Kexin has finally been removed from the list of competitors for 4CC, but she was the only one who had the birthdays match, so idk if this solves the mystery.

vCash
    I'm willing to believe that China could have submitted Kexin Zhang's name to Four Continents in error. The Chinese skaters' birthdate discrepancies over the years are an entirely different matter, however, because it appears to be a systemic issue.

ETA: As expected, Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (defending champs) and Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN ("illegal" 3rd pair at 2010 Jr. Worlds whose results subsequently were deleted by the ISU) are the 2 Chinese pairs entered for 2011 Junior Worlds.

Posted earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    The following birth dates do not match up with what is posted on the athletes ISU Bios.

Wenjing Sui:
    ISU Birthdate: 18.07.1995 (15)
    Listed Birthdate: 07.05.1997 (13)

Cong Han
    ISU Birthdate: 06.08.1992 (18)
    Listed Birthdate: 3.1989 (21)

Xiaoyu Yu
    ISU Birthdate: 02.01.1996 (14)
    Listed Birthdate: 02.01.1998 (12)

Yang Jin
    ISU Birthdate: 16.05.1994 (16)
    Listed Birthdate: 16.05.1989 (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    In the 2007 document Cong Han's birthdate is listed as 1992/08/06 which matches the ISU date.
    Wenjing Sui's birthdate is listed as 1997/05/03.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-09-2011 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I get what you're saying. But the age discrepancies for a lot of these is often more than 1 year.
    That's the thing; I don't know if the time span between a Chinese and Western birth date could be longer than 365 days. Maybe someone from China can clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Funny how the Communists use whatever calendar suits their purposes.
    Yes, we know that mainland China is eville and all, but use of the Chinese lunar calendar predates the Communist takeover of China. It's a cultural practice, not a political one.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    That's the thing; I don't know if the time span between a Chinese and Western birth date could be longer than 365 days. Maybe someone from China can clear this up.

Yes, we know that mainland China is eville and all, but use of the Chinese lunar calendar predates the Communist takeover of China. It's a cultural practice, not a political one.
    Xusui and "actual" age are never mixed up in mainland China, not for legal purposes anyway. The system is rather simple: when a baby is born, s/he is considered 1 sui ("year") old. Each Lunar New Year adds one more sui. So, at most, a person can be 2 years "older" than the actual age. And no, a 16 yo cannot purchase alcohol in China claiming that he is actually 18 sui

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    The following link might give some of you a few hours of fun to figure out:
    http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/ch_year.htm

Maybe the Chinese aren't good at math
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Based on the complete lack of consequences China has suffered from all of this cheating, it makes you wonder why the other big federations even bother trying to follow the rules.

Title-less
    vCash
    My head hurts just glancing at it

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast