Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    They didn't make her stay there very long.And did not make her stay there the length of time that a non-celeb would be in jail for the same offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrushka View Post
    They need to lock her up and make her serve the same amount of time that someone who is not famous would get for the same offense.She's not special.
    I think even the famous should at least be granted a trial before being "locked up." To do otherwise, would definitely be "special" treatment. After all, they usually don't incarcerate non-famous folks before they are convicted.

vCash
    Of course she needs a trial and she has had trials.My point being that after her previous appearances in court,she should've paid the full penalty,not just part of it.And this time she should pay the full penalty if she is convicted.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Tmz.com is reporting she's being remanded into custody and is being booked now. Not sure how long she'll be in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Tmz.com is reporting she's being remanded into custody and is being booked now. Not sure how long she'll be in.
    Since bail was set at $40,000, probably not very long. If she's convicted of the felony theft charges, the sentence could be up to three years.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Then again, tmz.com keeps changing the story. I think both lawyers are meeting.

vCash
    Well, IMO, she had her lips plumped before her court (cameras anyone?) date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Then again, tmz.com keeps changing the story. I think both lawyers are meeting.
    I've just been reading the NYTimes.

vCash
    OK, stupid question here. Why is the past tense of "Plead" "pleaded" rather than "plead"?

In this (and many other cases) reporters write, "She pleaded not-guilty" -- but they usually write, "he pled the Fifth Amendment when asked ...."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    OK, stupid question here. Why is the past tense of "Plead" "pleaded" rather than "plead"?

In this (and many other cases) reporters write, "She pleaded not-guilty" -- but they usually write, "he pled the Fifth Amendment when asked ...."
    Quick answer is that media style uses pleaded and lawyers, etc. use pled. I'm not sure of the reason, but it took me a while to get used to it when I first starting writing for a newspaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    Bipolar disorder has effected many of my relatives, and it is truly a devastating disease.
    It's not a disease, it's a disorder. I'm sorry, I'm really nitpicky about these types of things. Please don't take offense.

And for all of those wondering about Bipolar disorder - there are two types. One is Bipolar Disorder and another is Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic features. Both explain themselves but more info:

http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/default.htm Bipolar Disorder

http://bipolar.about.com/od/psychoti...r_Disorder.htm With Psychotic Features

I encourage all of you to google for more information if you are curious .

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post

Okay, more....

Judge Schwartz said:

"You're no different than anyone else ... please don't push your luck."

Shouldn't that be stated, "You're no different from anyone else...."?

Should Lindsay have brought this up to him?

gold dust woman
    vCash
    She just seems determined to ruin her life...

vCash
    I think the girl is her own biggest fan in her brain. She needs a reality check, and I'm not sure what that would be, other than several months in jail.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Oh FFS….that skin-tight white dress she wore? Has sold out online.

I'm surprised no one has made the comparison of LL's look at court the that of Catherine Trammel (Sharon Stone) in the infamous interrogation scene in Basic Instinct.

Given LL's propensity so show off her hoo-ha, the comparison would be as fitting as that tight-ass dress .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Oh FFS….that skin-tight white dress she wore? Has sold out online.
    apparently lots of girls had pending court dates and nothing inappropriate to wear
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

I'm surprised no one has made the comparison of LL's look at court the that of Catherine Trammel (Sharon Stone) in the infamous interrogation scene in Basic Instinct.
    Soxxy mentioned the comparison in post #17. Though it was made by a reporter.
    She just walked into the courthouse. Errrr.....could that white dress be any tighter?

ETA: The entertainment reporter is appalled and said she's dressed like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Dr. Drew cautions to give "her a break." To him, the sexy dress indicated Lindsay is "insecure." hmmmmm......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    I think the girl is her own biggest fan in her brain. She needs a reality check, and I'm not sure what that would be, other than several months in jail.
    or on a desert island.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Soxxy mentioned the comparison in post #17. Though it was made by a reporter.
    Ahh…thanks for the correction - I hadn't re-read the thread since it first started .

Given how screwed LL is in the head, it wouldn't surprise me if she drew inspiration from that scene/movie. You know, if it worked for Ms. Trammel, it should surely work for her .

One has to admit, like it or hate it, Sharon Stone was smokin' hot in every. damn. scene. of that flick .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Alas, Lindsay isn't Sharon. Many think Lindsay had some acting talent, but I managed to avoid her movies, so I don't know. I do know Sharon, whatever one thinks of her, has some kind of huge IQ. I'm sure someone will let me know-I've read before where she is extremely smart. I don't think Linds is in that category.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast