Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash

Lohan's in trouble again....

Didn't see this elsewhere, so if I'm duplicating a subject, just delete.

However, calling this child a train wreck doesn't even half cover it.

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-le...arrested-today

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I know Lindsay is crazy but I don't think she would be so stupid to steal something so soon after getting out of jail and rehab. I tend to think it was either an accident or a misunderstanding. If this wasn't Lindsay Lohan it wouldn't make the news and whatever celebrity would just return the necklace, no questions asked.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I know Lindsay is crazy but I don't think she would be so stupid to steal something so soon after getting out of jail and rehab. I tend to think it was either an accident or a misunderstanding. If this wasn't Lindsay Lohan it wouldn't make the news and whatever celebrity would just return the necklace, no questions asked.
    Sadly, I do think she would so something that stupid. People don't often accidentally walk out of a store with a necklace and accidentally wear it the next week. And, yeah, it would make the news if it were another celebrity. I remember it happening to Winona Ryder.

vCash
    I agree with Allskate.

Lindsay has a history of walking off with other peoples property and then parading around with it in public. The fur coat that was stolen from that young woman at a party that Lindsay was photographed in and then three weeks later said coat was returned to it's owner. Ring a bell? Lindsay has some serious issues but the system and having a large portion of the general public making excuses for her and shrugging it off is part of the problem.

I really do intend to stay out of these kinds of threads for the most part though because I'm dumfounded that people will still defend the "Lindsay's" and write it off as those people being targeted because they are famous. If it wasn't Lindsay, IMO charges would have been filed and non Lindsay would be sitting a jail cell or at least sitting at home after posting bail waiting for his/her trial date.

Lindsay supporters shouldn't worry though. I doubt anything will come of this incident. She will come through this with no jail time if she is even charged with anything.

And no I'm not hating. I always liked Lindsay as an actress and up until a couple of years ago I was still hoping she could get her act together. She first imploded at the time she should/could have been making the transition to more grown up films. I felt she could have had a career track similar to that of Anne Hathaway (perhaps minus the award nominations).

With all the enablers (including her mom) that ain't gonna happen.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Good Grief, she just can't seem or refuses to get her life together. Perhaps she is mentally ill.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years she's diagnosed with bipolar disorder or some other mental illness.

vCash
    Stealing a 25,000 dollar necklace isn't just some random *accident*, plus I believe there' video footage from the store.

Good for Lindsey that California's prison system is so overcrowded that it's highly unlikely she'll be locked up. At the worst house arrest and a million dollar fine to help Cali's hurting economy.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay was mentally ill either, considering she never had a proper childhood and her parents aren't so great (her dad... don't even), it's all starting to have a huge effect on her.

I wish her mother would wake up and allow Lindsay to get the help she needs. Her mom is in such denial that it's disgusting... your daughter needs help.

I'm not trying to defend Lindsay or say her actions are okay, I just wish she could get the help she needs so she can get better (Yes, mental disorders are incurable, so I guess I should say "so she can be in remission"? I don't know.)... it's always sad when you watch someone fall apart like this.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornyanko View Post
    Stealing a 25,000 dollar necklace isn't just some random *accident*, plus I believe there' video footage from the store.

Good for Lindsey that California's prison system is so overcrowded that it's highly unlikely she'll be locked up. At the worst house arrest and a million dollar fine to help Cali's hurting economy.
    Theft is theft (if that's what it was) but the necklace was worth $2,500 not $25,000.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years she's diagnosed with bipolar disorder or some other mental illness.
    Being bipolar shouldn't excuse breaking the law, esp someone who has good medical care. I have been close to 2 bipolar people & neither ever got in trouble with the law, even when off their meds. They do irrational things, like one of them gave away all her clothes. If Lindsey needs to be on medication then I hope she gets the proper treatment. But that doesn't mean she didn't know that the necklace wasn't hers.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I don't think Lindsay has a mental illness. I think she's just an effed up former child star who had an effed up childhood.

vCash
    I feel bad for her that her life has gotten to this point. I firmly blame her parents, agents, etc. for enabling her and hiding behind excuses that the media doesn't like her. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some mental issues that have been masked and/or aggitated by her drug use and drinking.

She is a very troubled and sick young woman who is serious need of some help beyond what she has received. Instead of making excuses for her or fussing about Glee's comments, Dina Lohan should be stepping in and putting a stop to some of this immediately.

Maybe she should be considering intensive therapy rather than putting her name in contention for more movie roles. I realize she completed her rehab stay, but that really isn't going to do much good until she's ready to quit. Addiction is a serious problem, but even worse is the idea that her problems might be covering up a mental illness. Self medicating with illegal substances is a quick way to an early death if she isn't lucky enough to beat it first.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I don't blame anyone but Lindsay.

She's an adult, and responsible for her own actions. Not her parents or the press.

vCash
    Bipolar disorder has effected many of my relatives, and it is truly a devastating disease. It isn't an excuse if you've been prescribed meds and you're off of them, but if you're undiagnosed, then you are clearly out of your mind. Some people do relatively harmless things like give away their clothes or decide to fly to London, while others become psychotic and lose touch with reality which causes themselves or others physical harm.

I think during Lindsay's trial psychiatrists ruled out bipolar disorder, but you never know. In comparison Britney Spears was clearly manic - staying up all night running around town, shaving her head - and it became obvious that it was mental illness, and not drug abuse, that was causing her erratic behavior. Especially because her "craziness" didn't start until she was in her early 20s, which is when most people who are genetically predisposed to mental illness begin to show symptoms.

Lindsay on the other hand seems to be the opposite. She's failed drug tests and had multiple DUIs. In my arm chair opinion, she does publicly exhibit some of the symptoms of borderline personality disorder, with the impulsive behavior, anger problems and chaotic personal life, but that isn't abnormal in Hollywood. Who knows though. I think when you have that level of celebrity that young, parents who depend on you financially, no one to tell you no - something does get screwed up psychologically. I really do hope Lindsay is able to get clean, sober and in a right frame of mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I don't blame anyone but Lindsay.

She's an adult, and responsible for her own actions. Not her parents or the press.

I agree she is ultimately responsible for her own decisions and behavior. I just know that it is hard enough to straighten up one's life when family and friends are supporting that decision. Lindsay has surrounded herself with yes people, including her mother, who tell her that even her bad behavior is good. If there is an underlying mental illness or problem, that blanket approval of anything she does isn't really healthy or helpful.

From my experience with family with addiction issues, etc. I have seen that most of them didn't get to the stage of getting better until parents, siblings, and spouses stopped making excuses for them. Lindsay has the benefit of money and resources to fix her life and restart her career that most of us don't have at our disposal. However, she also has to deal with the her mother who still looks at her as a cash cow rather than a sick daughter.

That doesn't mean I think she should be less accountable for her actions. I am a firm believer in to whom much is given much is expected.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    She just walked into the courthouse. Errrr.....could that white dress be any tighter?

ETA: The entertainment reporter is appalled and said she's dressed like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Dr. Drew cautions to give "her a break." To him, the sexy dress indicated Lindsay is "insecure." hmmmmm......
    Last edited by soxxy; 02-09-2011 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    They need to lock her up and make her serve the same amount of time that someone who is not famous would get for the same offense.She's not special.

vCash
    I think locking her up would force her into straightening up, rather than all these yes people catering to her.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    I think locking her up would force her into straightening up, rather than all these yes people catering to her.
    She's been locked up before - in rehab and jail - no? Doesn't seem to be getting any better.

In other news, because I dipped into TMZ just now for the latest, it looks like Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson Wentz have filed for divorce, no third parties involved. Apparently he was too erratic (ie touring) while she stayed home to commit to their child (ie is out of work).

And Sofia Vergara is unrecognizable without makeup.

That's all for now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast