View Poll Results: What Tiara will Katherine Wear on her Wedding Day?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Strathmore Tiara

28 24.78%
  • The Rundell Tiara

4 3.54%
  • The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara

24 21.24%
  • The Grand Duchess Vladmir Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Fringe Tiara

8 7.08%
  • The County of Surrey Tiara

1 0.88%
  • The Scroll Tiara

18 15.93%
  • The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

9 7.96%
  • The Queen Alexandra Russian Kokoshnik Tiara

5 4.42%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Duchess of Teck Circlet

1 0.88%
  • The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau

3 2.65%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Remember the slip dress that Carolyn Bisset was in when she married JFK Jr. ? Kate has the body and carriage to carry off that look, but of course the dress itself woudn't have been appropriate for a royal wedding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Remember the slip dress that Carolyn Bisset was in when she married JFK Jr. ? Kate has the body and carriage to carry off that look, but of course the dress itself woudn't have been appropriate for a royal wedding.
    She would have looked fab in that style, but way too understated for overhead shots going down the aisle at Westminster Abbey!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes. Kate was wise to go with a small train as this was the Westminster Abbey after all. Her dress had to be a statement, albeit a reserved and elegant one.

She is tall enough to pull of the train. I find shorter women don't look so good with trains, especially if the length of it approaches their height.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I'm on dial-up so it would take me all night (especially as I only know it as "the stripper fairy dress", which I'm sure is NOT what the designer called it!) but imagine the first one PDilemma linked, only instead of the long skirt, a short tutu-like thing and you basically have it.

Wait, strike that, I think I found it (by google image searching "Pnina Tornai stripper fairy dress".) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_THPS8BLfd_...1949-large.jpg

This or very similar.
    When you referenced the fairy dress, I assumed you met this, also from SYTD:

http://www.poptower.com/say-yes-to-t...ture-35271.htm

I believe the bride provided her own fairy wings.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    No, that one goes all the way to the floor. This one just looks like a Sexy Fairy Halloween costume in white. All it really needs are thigh-high white hose and a frilly garter visible. Oh, and 4" clear vinyl high heels. That would totally complete the look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    No, that one goes all the way to the floor. This one just looks like a Sexy Fairy Halloween costume in white. All it really needs are thigh-high white hose and a frilly garter visible. Oh, and 4" clear vinyl high heels. That would totally complete the look.
    Shouldn't the heels have the lights in them that come on when you take a step?

vCash
    PT dresses seem to be very popular with the newly moneyed Northern New Jersey set. Must be the Jersey Shore influence. Thank goodness, they don't seem to sell well in New England.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    You mean they don't?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    The Scroll, although it's being called the Halo. Same tiara though.

Here's a blog with the best closeup pictures I've come across so far of Kate wearing the tiara.
    Ha! Ths Scroll Tiara was my choice for Kate. Great minds thinking alike and all.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Ooh, you could color-coordinate them to your wedding theme! (Oh, God, I just gave some Jersey-Shore stripper fairy bride an idea somewhere, I know it...)

vCash
    I wonder what the person who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the Queen's wedding tiara thinks about Kate wearing the Scroll/Halo tiara?

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    I wonder what the person who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the Queen's wedding tiara thinks about Kate wearing the Scroll/Halo tiara?
    I wonder if a change was made in light of the news of that bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Ha! Ths Scroll Tiara was my choice for Kate. Great minds thinking alike and all.
    Mine too. I totally called it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I wonder if a change was made in light of the news of that bet.
    The earrings matched the tiara though and the earrings were custom made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    PT dresses seem to be very popular with the newly moneyed Northern New Jersey set. Must be the Jersey Shore influence. Thank goodness, they don't seem to sell well in New England.
    Where did you get that idea? Because you see wackos on a reality show, like Say Yes to the Dress, you do realize that store is in New York? Why do we have to be defined by the sluts on Jersey Shore, none of whom are actually from New Jersey? Do you actually think that NJ is any different from MA, or any other state? Every state has their stereotypes - good and bad. But, mostly we are all pretty much alike - state-to-state. I am so sick of NJ girls and women being lumped into the big hair classless type that is portrayed on Jersey Shore and Housewives. I was born here and have lived my life here and rarely come into contact with anyone like those women. Come to Morris County, or shop at the Mall at Short Hills some time, then comment. We don't look like or sound like any of the exaggerated clowns you see on TV.

Rant over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Where did you get that idea? Because you see wackos on a reality show, like Say Yes to the Dress, you do realize that store is in New York? Why do we have to be defined by the sluts on Jersey Shore, none of whom are actually from New Jersey? Do you actually think that NJ is any different from MA, or any other state? Every state has their stereotypes - good and bad. But, mostly we are all pretty much alike - state-to-state. I am so sick of NJ girls and women being lumped into the big hair classless type that is portrayed on Jersey Shore and Housewives. I was born here and have lived my life here and rarely come into contact with anyone like those women. Come to Morris County, or shop at the Mall at Short Hills some time, then comment. We don't look like or sound like any of the exaggerated clowns you see on TV.

Rant over
    You could see the same thing in Revere, MA (a shore town) but not one town over in Winthrop. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain segment of the newly moneyed that thinks this is the way to dress. Having a daddy who can't say no to his little precious doesn't help. Wonder if is has anything to do with running around in bikinis all summer?

eta, I have a cousin in coastal New Hampshire who would have gone PT had it been available when she married. Totally classless with a spineless father. PERFECT.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    The earrings matched the tiara though and the earrings were custom made.
    From what I've read, they were custom made as a gift from her parents and are based on her new coat of arms. They made a happy match with the chosen tiara though, but I'm not sure they were made specifically with the tiara in mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    You could see the same thing in Revere, MA (a shore town) but not one town over in Winthrop. I don't know what it is, but there's a certain segment of the newly moneyed that thinks this is the way to dress. Having a daddy who can't say no to his little precious doesn't help. Wonder if is has anything to do with running around in bikinis all summer?

eta, I have a cousin in coastal New Hampshire who would have gone PT had it been available when she married. Totally classless with a spineless father. PERFECT.
    That's my point. I get really frustrated that people think girls and women from NJ are like what is shown on reality TV. Are there skanky people like that? Sure, but they are everywhere. I get really tired of NJ females (especially Italian ones) being portrayed like that, and the public thinking it's real.

I mentioned this on an American idol thread. There was a girl who tried out with big hair, a horrible accent (not one from NJ), and a miserable personality. Ryan Seacrest made some comment about her being a typical big haired, NJ girl. The girl is from Morris Plains, and would be considered a freak there - No, Ryan she is not typical. This area looks like CT, MA, any NE town. Pretty much accent free (though we do tend to talk a little fast). And we dress stylishly, not like boardwalk rats.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Concerning that famous bet...I still think we'll be seeing that Fringe Tiara on a British Royal Bride this year, only as we know now instead of Catherine, it'll be on Zara's head. The Queen wore it at hers, Princess Anne wore it at hers...I really do think Zara will keep that "tradition" going.

I just got about a half hour ago and feel wiped out. Oh...But it was fun yesterday and what a day it was too.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm staying in the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, and, in the lobby is a photo of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip taken during their stay in 1991. The tiara in the photo looks very much like The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara. I can see why she'd want to keep hold of it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast