View Poll Results: What Tiara will Katherine Wear on her Wedding Day?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Strathmore Tiara

28 24.78%
  • The Rundell Tiara

4 3.54%
  • The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara

24 21.24%
  • The Grand Duchess Vladmir Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Fringe Tiara

8 7.08%
  • The County of Surrey Tiara

1 0.88%
  • The Scroll Tiara

18 15.93%
  • The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

9 7.96%
  • The Queen Alexandra Russian Kokoshnik Tiara

5 4.42%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Duchess of Teck Circlet

1 0.88%
  • The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau

3 2.65%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I like the Rundell, the Fringe and the Kokoshnik

vCash
    I love the The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara, it is perfect.

The real story behind all of the Crown Jewels that we see, that once belonged to the Romanovs is that, the King and Queen refused to save their Russian cousins from being murdered by the Boleshiviks, BUT they had no problem buying their crown jewels at marked down prices.

vCash
    Well.... technically, Queen Mary didn't buy the Russian crown jewels. Those were taken by the Bolsheviks. She did purchase a number of items from various exiled Romanovs, including some from the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna (the sister of Queen Alexandra of England). But there is no reason to believe that those pieces were anything but personal property. And since the market was absolutely flooded with jewels at the time, Queen Mary actually paid them more than what they would have gotten had they went elsewhere. But anyway, the only royal pieces in that link that had previously belonged to a Romanov were the Vladimir diadem & the Sapphire & Diamond Bandeau. Everything else is purely English.

And not to go further off-topic than I already have, but I do have to clear up some misconceptions. Yes, George V did initially invite the Imperial Family to England. Yes, he later reneged that invitation for fear of bringing revolution within his own realm. But when this all went down, no one knew that the entire family would be murdered. Not even the Bolsheviks knew what would happen. Had George V known what their fate would be, would he have changed his mind? I would hazard a guess that he would have at least found a place for them somewhere outside of England... Canada, Ireland or even Australia. As the ruler of over half the globe, I'm sure something could have been arranged.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Nice bling! I love the Strathmore and voted for it. Did anyone click on the link to the Queen's Burmese Ruby tiara? Holy cow. I think it's stunning.
    http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/w...elizabeth4.jpg

But I am kinda annoyed that they took donations from girls to finance the Girls of GB and Ireland tiara. Really, buy it with your own money.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    It was a different time for starters, but the Girls of GB and NI was a wedding gift to Princess Mary, later Queen Mary from the people of the country she was going to be Queen Consort to. I don't get the problem there truthfully.

I know someone asked about my calling her "Katherine" instead of "Catherine" and I freely admit to screwing up that one. It was also my personal bias sneaking in there, as I just plain prefer Katherine. I always have hated how it looks spelled w/a "C" for some unknown reason, so...Mea Culpa on that one.

vCash
    I chose the Strathmore because I'm a girly-girl and I love roses, darn it!

Thanks for the fun link, Araorn Elessar!

-Bridget

living every minute
    vCash
    It's likely that she will not wear a tiara until after they are married and are coming back down the aisle together. Diana did the same and so did Sarah Ferguson.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    It's likely that she will not wear a tiara until after they are married and are coming back down the aisle together. Diana did the same and so did Sarah Ferguson.
    Diana was wearing her tiara from the start as were Sarah and Sophie. Sarah's was under her floral wreath. Even Autumn Kelly wore a tiara.

vCash
    Maybe her choice of tiara will depend on her choice of a dress. Just a thought.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I believe, at least the show I saw that had an interview on the matter with the Duchess of York's dress designer said, Sarah wore flowers with her veil, and switched to the tiara without the blusher.

vCash
    Mmm...I love royal weddings. Can't wait

My favorites were the Strathmore, Duchess of Teck and Crescent Tiara, and the Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara. I voted for the Scroll Tiara because I think it's well suited to Katherine; it's very elegant in a somewhat understated, modern way. There's a good mix of youth and maturity to it, IMO.

ETA: AragornElessar, thanks for the royal jewelry website link! I now have another awesome procrastination tool.
    Last edited by lmarie086; 02-10-2011 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    I love the The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara. I think it is perfect for her. I love the height of it. And with Kate's long glossy dark hair....I think it would be set off beautifully.

I hope they have my cell number, so they can call and ask my opinion
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    3. The Strathmore Rose Tiara -

What a great story, people.

It was given to the late Queen Mother by her parents upon the occasion of her marriage to Prince Albert on April 26, 1923. While her father was a Peer, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was legally a commoner, a very familiar sounding story with Catherine being a commoner.

But part of me thinks that she won't wear one, at least until after the ceremony, sort of like arriving in a car, leaving in a carriage. Or perhaps she too will cover it with flowers until after the ceremony.

vCash
    It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't wear a tiara on her wedding day, but instead have a jeweled hair clip of some sort. Queen Elizabeth is famous for her massive brooch collection, it's possible that one of them could be converted to wear in the hair. Or it could be something her family could afford to purchase for her.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Far too many of them are far too beautiful to choose among them.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Is it possible that she might get a new tiara? Or perhaps a reworking of one or more older pieces in need of repair anyway, to create something new and modern for the 21st century?

When I read the history of these pieces, I think it would be such a statement if the Queen gave Kate her own - and in generations to come, we'd be talking about the Catherine Tiara.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think it would be awesome if she wore this one.

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

That's not a tiara, allezfred! That's a crown... sheesh, get it right

And, LOL!

-Bridget

vCash

And it might even come with a side of onion rings, mmmmmmm.

vCash

Stop making fun of the most serious thing in the world right now!
    Never mind the world politics.

How can we wait till the 29th of April?
    I love tiaras and royal weddings

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast