View Poll Results: What Tiara will Katherine Wear on her Wedding Day?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Strathmore Tiara

28 24.78%
  • The Rundell Tiara

4 3.54%
  • The Girls of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tiara

24 21.24%
  • The Grand Duchess Vladmir Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Fringe Tiara

8 7.08%
  • The County of Surrey Tiara

1 0.88%
  • The Scroll Tiara

18 15.93%
  • The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara

9 7.96%
  • The Queen Alexandra Russian Kokoshnik Tiara

5 4.42%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

6 5.31%
  • The Duchess of Teck Circlet

1 0.88%
  • The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau

3 2.65%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

What Tiara Will Katherine Middleton Wear For The Royal Wedding?

The following link to a blog entry about this very subject, and has the pictures of each tiara as well, is an awesome read. Both on why each one is in the running and the history behind it.

Aestheticus Rex ~ A Tale of Tiara's: What will the Queen bestow upon Kate Middleton?

My personal favourite and hope for seeing on April 29th is The Strathmore Tiara. This was the Queen Mother's family tiara and hasn't been seen since her days as Duchess of York. Now apparently it needs to have a *lot* of restoration work done to it, but what better time or reason for that to be done finally?

Not only that, but for a reasonably young Bride, it's perfect!! It's got History, while not being overpowering and is also a lovely design. I think it would really suit Kate and what we've seen of her personal style over the years. Which is simple and not overly fussy.

Of course, all of that is JMO. What does everyone else think?

vCash
    Neat! I like The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara, personally. Subtle yet elegant, like Kate.

The Strathmore would be my second pick. I love the flowers on it.

vCash
    I like the Scroll too. It's simple, yet elegant as well.

I didn't realize until I'd posted this, that blog entry doesn't have a picture/entry for The Rundell Tiara. Sorry about that!!

Royal-Magazin ~ Queen Alexandra's Rundell Tiara

The page is in both English and German. Now, since it's been so long since it's been seen, there is speculation it's been broken up to make other pieces. However, that was also thought about the Delhi Durbar Tiara/Diadem until it was seen on Camilla's head a couple of years ago. So hopefully this stunning piece still exists and is in the Buckingham Palace Vaults waiting for someone to wear it again.

I'm not sure if I've posted this one before or not, but for those who like me love, adore and drool over jewels and the piece they're made into...

The Royal Magazin Site

Is a Royal Jewelry lover's dream. It even has a good part of the Noble Houses of Great Britain's historic/family pieces shown there as well. I highly reccomend going through Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary's respective pages, as well as the pages for the Jewels of the Duke and Duchess of Westminster.

Have fun and try not to leave too much drool on the keyboard while going through that site.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I don't know what she will wear, but I have to say I like the The Empress Marie Feodorovna Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau. It's more her style I think, and could really make a statement.

There's also the whole thing about arriving in a car and leaving in a coach - so can she arrive in a tiara?? I could almost see saving the tiaras for future occasions when she is a royal, and the function is a royal one, ie William getting new titles and such.

I'm really not enough of a royal watcher to know the ins and outs of all this, but I do feel they will make an effort to be three things, in this order: traditional and proper and respectful of history and William's future; contemporary and relevant and personal to the two of them; and honour his mother. The latter may very well be taken care of with the engagement ring (which the headpiece above would match - sapphire IS her colour!).

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    The Kokoshnik and Fringe are my personal favorites, with the Vladimir a close second (uh, I'm Polish/Ukrainian, can you tell?) but I voted for the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. Delicate, feminine, and befitting a future Queen of England. Dark horse choice would be the County of Surrey.

I really, really hope she gives the Diana-realted ones a complete miss. The ring's enough, and why ASK for exactly what the blogger predicts: "Who wore it best?" (Does ANYONE think the press wouldn't be classless enough to pull that?)

vCash
    TIARAS!!!

My favorite has always been the Vladimir (preference with the pearls, but it does look gorgeous with the emeralds), with the Girls of GB and Ireland a close second.

However, seeing as they are rather favored by and sentimental to HMQ, then I vote for the Strathmore as not only a lovely choice, but one that would be a nice tribute to the Queen Mum.

vCash
    They are all really pretty - and the Girls of GB and the Vladimir - with pearls -are both lovely but I actually really like the Mary of Teck Rose and Crescent one - it is a little different and not too severe. I don't see Kate in a "heavy" tiara - so the Rose and Crescent one works - as does the Strathmore. I think it really depends on how Kate wears her hair on the day - as well as her dress. I also hope she avoids any of the Diana related ones - not that they aren't lovely but I agree - she doesn't need the constant comparison to her late M-I-L to be!!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months away from the day. Hopefully I'll be home in the UK by then!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    There's also the whole thing about arriving in a car and leaving in a coach - so can she arrive in a tiara?? I could almost see saving the tiaras for future occasions when she is a royal, and the function is a royal one, ie William getting new titles and such.
    She could do what Sarah Ferguson did and wear flowers over her tiara and then remove them during the signing of the register. I'm not sure she would do that though.

ETA - I like the Strathmore. It's beautiful and I like the connection to the Queen Mother.
    Last edited by Parsley Sage; 02-08-2011 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    They are all really pretty - and the Girls of GB and the Vladimir - with pearls -are both lovely but I actually really like the Mary of Teck Rose and Crescent one - it is a little different and not too severe. I don't see Kate in a "heavy" tiara - so the Rose and Crescent one works - as does the Strathmore. I think it really depends on how Kate wears her hair on the day - as well as her dress. I also hope she avoids any of the Diana related ones - not that they aren't lovely but I agree - she doesn't need the constant comparison to her late M-I-L to be!!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months away from the day. Hopefully I'll be home in the UK by then!!
    I completely agree - this was my favorite, too. I think it would look stunning on Kate and would complement a more modern wedding gown.

vCash
    I think that if I owned all those tiaras...I'd wear one everyday!
    Last edited by skipaway; 02-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    Now *I* want a tiara!! I could wear one at work all day (I'm a freelancer based at home) and feel positively royal.

I'm definitely more a fan of the more delicate tiaras dominated by smaller objects & rounder lines. The ones that look like an iron fence (4 & 8 on the list linked above) make me think that the bride will also be wearing breastplates and a horned helmet a la Wagner opera.

vCash
    I kind of like the Rundell Tiara,there are just so many to choose from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Sophie did and she wore what is now known as her Wedding Tiara, so this won't the first time a Royal Bride arrived in a car and left in a horse drawn carriage.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Sophie did and she wore what is now known as her Wedding Tiara, so this won't the first time a Royal Bride arrived in a car and left in a horse drawn carriage.
    I was just trying to make a case for the bandeau

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    I voted for the The Duchess of Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara. I think most of the tiaras would overwhelm her because she has a simpler, more youthful style.

Isn't her name Catherine?
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    I would imagine that the choice will depend on if Kate's hair is worn up or down.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberopals View Post
    I would imagine that the choice will depend on if Kate's hair is worn up or down.
    I would think it would be the other way around, no?

vCash
    I prefer the tiaras with more rounded designs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I really, really hope she gives the Diana-realted ones a complete miss. The ring's enough, and why ASK for exactly what the blogger predicts: "Who wore it best?" (Does ANYONE think the press wouldn't be classless enough to pull that?)
    I would pay money to see Joan Rivers compare the two in the "B**ch Stole My Look!" segment of an episode of Fashion Police.

vCash
    I picked the Queen Mum's Scroll Tiara. I love Kate's style - simplistic and elegant - which is what that tiara says to me.

Does anyone know if the wedding will be available to watch online? I'm in the US and don't have a TV...
    Last edited by stanhope; 02-09-2011 at 03:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stanhope View Post
    Does anyone know if the wedding will be available to watch online? I'm the US and don't have a TV...
    God I hope so. If we go by the recent Swedish royal wedding, the US got squat on TV. CNN bought the rights to it and didn't even show it live... we just got little clips of it throughout the day. Good thing it was shown live online. But Charles & Diana's wedding was shown live, so maybe we'll get it live? Who knows.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast