Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Congrats to Johnny & his new condo. What he does with his money is really no one's business but his own. I do miss his skating a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I saw an episode of Star Trek where Captain James T. Kirk made an android's head explode by telling him "Everything I say is a lie."

Yes, Mistress Southpaw!
    Ummm ... I've seen that episode a number of times and I don't recall it exploding. I thought it "heated up" and he got really confused - along with all the other androids - and then they all "died".
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    From Johnny's website - sounds like he's going to have a very busy week.

Johnny Weir will also be taking his first steps as a designer in the fashion world creating a fur line for Adrienne Landau as well as walking in her February 17th show at 3pm. “It’s no secret how much I love fur. I’m a skater. I’m skinny. I get cold! My inspiration for this first design came from the feeling I get when surrounded by the colors and textures in Russia, another one of my passions,” Weir says. “The bleak winter sky and the intense cold against that amazing Russian architecture evoke a silvery, translucent, blue grey feel. I wanted to capture that color and turn it into fur!” The February 17th showroom event will feature Landau’s women’s collection with Weir in his unisex fur as a very grand finale.
    Johnny will continue to take New York Fashion Week by storm walking for Riche Rich (February 10th at 8pm), Asher Levine (February 11th at 7pm) and Indashio (February 16th at 8:30pm) shows.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    “It’s no secret how much I love fur. I’m a skater. I’m skinny. I get cold!"
    Most skaters put on fleece or more layers then....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Most skaters put on fleece or more layers then....
    While fleece and faux fur work well in moderately cold weather, real fur is unmatched in keeping you warm in super cold climates.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    While fleece and faux fur work well in moderately cold weather, real fur is unmatched in keeping you warm in super cold climates.
    Off the ice, yes, but it would be incredibly heavy and uncomfortable to skate in.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I have to admit thoughts of digging out my grandmother's old fur coat from mothballs crossed my mind while waiting for the bus in -20 F weather last night. The bus was 15 minutes late and I was completely numb by the time it finally came.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Off the ice, yes, but it would be incredibly heavy and uncomfortable to skate in.
    Yeah, imagine the aerodynamics of jumps in a big fur coat.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Ummm ... I've seen that episode a number of times and I don't recall it exploding. I thought it "heated up" and he got really confused - along with all the other androids - and then they all "died".
    Probably so; I'm not a Trekkie. I like my exploding head version better, though.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I am happy that he bought a place he can call his own. The fact that will cost over a million dollars is probably normal for NYC. Best of luck to him with it.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    One wonders what his neighbours will think of all this - celebrities are a dime a dozen in Manhattan, but camera crews in your building and fans hovering about outside are a different matter entirely.
    It's a condo, not a co-op, which usually means no boards to decide whether or not you are preferable as a neighbor and, about which a friend once remarked, "The co-op board now knows more about me than my gynecologist." (which I'm sure wasn't original).

There are usually bylaws about making noise and disturbing the peace, many of which are hard to enforce, but filming outside the building might not be that rare, although it's down since the days "Law and Order" shot everywhere.

I hope he's happy there.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    filming outside the building might not be that rare, although it's down since the days "Law and Order" shot everywhere.
    My son, the NYC AD (Assistant Director) of film and formally TV (and yes, Law & Order SVU), said that technically one does not need a permit to simply shoot footage outside in NYC unless (and it's a big unless) the camera crew is interrupting traffic (vehicle or pedestrian) or holding parking spots overnight for their trucks to park all day (if they have production trucks) - then they need permits. However, if they're just let's say following him walking out the door of his building and shooting him as he walks down the street and not bothering anyone else, they do not need permits from the Mayor's Office for Film & Television to shoot. Inside the building, that's the building's issue to balance the needs of its residents. And yes, if it were a co-op whole different story but it's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Probably so; I'm not a Trekkie. I like my exploding head version better, though.
    Trekkie that I am, I just couldn't let it pass.
    That being said, I like your version better too!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    From Johnny's website - sounds like he's going to have a very busy week.

Johnny Weir will also be taking his first steps as a designer in the fashion world creating a fur line for Adrienne Landau as well as walking in her February 17th show at 3pm. “It’s no secret how much I love fur. I’m a skater. I’m skinny. I get cold! My inspiration for this first design came from the feeling I get when surrounded by the colors and textures in Russia, another one of my passions,” Weir says. “The bleak winter sky and the intense cold against that amazing Russian architecture evoke a silvery, translucent, blue grey feel. I wanted to capture that color and turn it into fur!” The February 17th showroom event will feature Landau’s women’s collection with Weir in his unisex fur as a very grand finale.
    Johnny will continue to take New York Fashion Week by storm walking for Riche Rich (February 10th at 8pm), Asher Levine (February 11th at 7pm) and Indashio (February 16th at 8:30pm) shows.
    Johnny is also doing a fashion show February 12 at New York's Standard Hotel on their new outdoor rink. According to the article below, he will be choreographing and skating in the show. Members of Ice Theatre of NY will also participate.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/bazaar-...verland-020811

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    EDIT
    Last edited by bardtoob; 02-10-2011 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    Absolutely untrue.

---

1.1 million is a pretty good price for any real estate in Manhattan, really, but Madison Square Park isn't exactly the trendiest or most exciting part of Manhattan by any means. It's a nice area, but it's pretty corporate and lacks the cultural energy of many other neighborhoods.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    Elaborate please.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I have to admit thoughts of digging out my grandmother's old fur coat from mothballs crossed my mind while waiting for the bus in -20 F weather last night. The bus was 15 minutes late and I was completely numb by the time it finally came.
    That is really cold, especially if combined with a strong wind... Anyway, I have never needed a fur coat to keep me warm, a quilted jacket will do as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    I just think that it is a shame that he is not developing as an artist. That he is marketing himself to the very bottom of the gene pool. He had so much promise. It is sad to me to see him settle for mediocrity. I don't care if he makes billions. I'm just sad that he does nothing of interest to me anymore.
    I see-but I still don't see what it has to do with Johnny's condo.

Anyway, imo Johnny had great success in his career-he was a National Champ, and he went to the Olympics twice. Most athletes don't get even out of their sectionals, or even past club competition. I too wish he had done more, but if it wasn't in the cards for him so be it.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    Have you ever worn fur? It's amazing for keeping a person warm. There's a reason that animals that survive in cold climates tend to be furry
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast