Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Depending on the time of day and considering the fact that he's no where near the GWB, one would have to leave over an hour to get from his new place to The Ice House.
    Yes, that's why I said it's doable, but it's not something *I* would want to do. But that's me, and he's him and if he doesn't have a problem sitting in that traffic to drive to and from Hackensack every day then good for him if that's what he plans to do. He's an elite skater, I'm not. I'm just someone who loves to skate and I have no problem being motivated to drive 30 minutes in whatever direction to get to a rink. So if I can be motivated to drive 30 minutes without any medals on the line then I think he's capable of sucking it up to drive an hour to train. And if he can't hack the commute to get to Jersey to train then he's just a big and he should keep his skinny little ass in Chelsea and drink some frozen Cosmos at Viceroy.

Depending on the time of day it could have taken him an hour to get from Lyndhurst to Wayne. There's a lot of road work on Route 3 and Route 46. I don't know, was he clever enough to have figured out some backroads to the rink in Wayne to cut his commute time? Maybe, maybe not. Sky Rink is closer to this fancy schmancy new condo, of course, but if his coach ain't working there then his coach ain't working there.

Suck it up, Weir! Make that long ass annoying drive!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Peter Burrows is till coaching in NY state, but I don't know how far from Manhattan he is .

Maybe his condo has a helioport and Johnny could take a copter wherever he needs to go. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Will he actually compete? Perhaps a little but will it be a sustained effort? No. There will be a roadblock 'out of his control' ; it could be anything but my money is on blaming the USFSA for something or other that hasn't happened yet.
    The USFSA will probably be blamed for not getting him competition invites (or in some other manner not supporting him).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I read something different -- that Johnny's a TRUE liar, not a lying liar. A lying liar would be telling the truth, whereas a TRUE liar would truly be lying -- not lying about his lies.
    I saw an episode of Star Trek where Captain James T. Kirk made an android's head explode by telling him "Everything I say is a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Suck it up, Weir! Make that long ass annoying drive!
    Yes, Mistress Southpaw!
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I saw an episode of Star Trek where Captain James T. Kirk made an android's head explode by telling him "Everything I say is a lie."
    This reminds me of Azimov's Three Laws of robotics and his I, Robot stories.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    So, if Captain James T. Kirk (or Evan Lysacek in a Capatain James T. Kirk, specifically) went up to Johnny and/or the posters in this thread and said "Everything I say is a lie," which side would explode?

BTW, I don't really care which side it is. I just think it would be really cool to see heads explode.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I just think it would be really cool to see heads explode.
    Just wait until Rachael Flatt wins Worlds in March. Heads will explode. Mine included
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    AWESOME.

GO RACHAEL!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Johnny Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Well, it's because Johnny is a lying liar who lies!

What did he lie about? I don't know. That's not important. I read it on the interwebz, so it must be true. And I want a 1.1 million dollar condo in NYC and I don't have one so it's not faaaaiiiiirrrr if Johnny Weir has it. He's not even my favorite skater.

must spread more rep before giving it to Matryeshka again!

Ant

vCash
    Most interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainm...115554609.html

He's walking the runway for Asher Levine. The one thing this boy doesn't lack for is exposure. Is he in danger of being overexposed?

This is what Johnny wants to do with his life after skating, if appearing in a runway show helps him meet people in the fashion industry, good for him.

vCash
    A friend in Brooklyn read this and said, "1.1 million in Manhattan? A steal."

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Well, he's running out on Jersey just in time. S&P downgraded our rating from AA to AA- this morning. We're going kablooey. It's going to be the Garden of Potholes State soon enough.

Death to that useless whore of the swamp, Xanadu!!!!

The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Just wait until Rachael Flatt wins Worlds in March. Heads will explode. Mine included
    My head exploded just reading this.

vCash
    Just found out that not only will Johnny be walking in Adrienne Landau's runway show but he will be designing a fur line for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Just found out that not only will Johnny be walking in Adrienne Landau's runway show but he will be designing a fur line for her.
    Fur underwear for men

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    And PETA can find his new address on line just as easily as FSUers did. This could get ugly.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I hope he doesn't show up on their radar again. They can be scary.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Well I hope there are also people to defend Johnny against PETA crazies should they show up to where he live. They shouldn't be allowed to intimidate people into not wearing furs.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast