Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    If you look at the link mmmary posted, the real estate agent was Warburg--one of the agencies featured on Selling NY. Maybe they'll have an episode devoted to it .
    There you go. More endorsements.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsissv View Post
    Good for you, Johnny! Finally found a permanent home for that vacuum cleaner! Be happy and enjoy it...there's no place like home!

(...but I REALLY don't think they should have revealed his exact address like that... too much information!)
    Actually, any real estate transaction is a matter of public record. The attorney at my closing mentioned this several times.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Yes, it will be quite easy to go into public records and get most of the details. Where I live it doesn't take much of an effort----just get on the computer and find on the county site.

vCash
    Congratulations to him on buying a fab apartment in a city that he loves.

He has been working his arse off and deserves it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYTCH View Post
    Any chance an SD (Sugar Daddy) bought it for him?
    Perhaps. Although if I had a sugar daddy, I would have asked for a bigger, more spacious three bedroom Manhattan condo.
    Last edited by a56; 02-08-2011 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Also, "Selling New York" is totally fake like most "reality shows."

They recently had an episode with a soap opera star and her husband selling their condo for a couple mil.

An "interested party" that came with his "architect" and mother? He was just another soap opera actor, not even a series regular.
    Going OT here but if we're talking about the same episode, the soap star was selling her *parents* place, not her own place.

I agree with those who say $1.1M is peanuts in NYC.

vCash
    After he complained about how much it costs to train and that he is not rich, buying an apartment over $1 million does not do much for his cause about how financially difficult it is to be a figure skater.

Or put it this way - I don't want to hear him complain again!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

I agree with those who say $1.1M is peanuts in NYC.
    Absolute peanuts and in that neighborhood $1.1M will buy an average place but nothing extraordinary.

ETA: Someone upthread implied the location isn't that close to Chelsea Piers or Madison Square Park. True, in a sense, but as someone who worked for 8 years down the block at 28 West 25th Street, I can tell you truly this whole area is upcoming and undergoing a boom. The highrises that went up and the amount of scaffolding I had to dodge every morning on the way to work boggle the mind. The Flatiron District is one hot trendy nabe right now.
    Last edited by emason; 02-08-2011 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    After he complained about how much it costs to train and that he is not rich, buying an apartment over $1 million does not do much for his cause about how financially difficult it is to be a figure skater.

Or put it this way - I don't want to hear him complain again!

Except Johnny couldn't afford a condo like this when the only thing he was doing was figure skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Except Johnny couldn't afford a condo like this when the only thing he was doing was figure skating.
    Well he must be raking it in recently because it was only on the Howard Stern show not so long ago that he was talking about how he doesn't rake in the dollars.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Yes, but didn't he recently say he was coming back for Sochi. So who is paying for it when he has to give all these other things up to train.

vCash
    No way is he really coming back for Sochi.

It wouldn't be possible to combine Z-list celebrity duties with daily training.

And if you're famous for being famous, you gotta keep being seen in order to appear in the gossip columns thus maintaining your status.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Well he must be raking it in recently because it was only on the Howard Stern show not so long ago that he was talking about how he doesn't rake in the dollars.
    I think that's relative in his mind. Perhaps he doesn't rake in the dollars as compared to Howard Stern, but few do. I think he's raking it in by most peoples standards, but seemingly not enough in his view.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I think that's relative in his mind. Perhaps he doesn't rake in the dollars as compared to Howard Stern, but few do. I think he's raking it in by most peoples standards, but seemingly not enough in his view.
    Well yes, if regularly buying truckloads of designer clothes is perceived as a need, then you can never have enough.

vCash
    how many bedrooms is it?

that seems very cheap. alot better value thant Perth (Australia)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No way is he really coming back for Sochi.

It wouldn't be possible to combine Z-list celebrity duties with daily training.

And if you're famous for being famous, you gotta keep being seen in order to appear in the gossip columns thus maintaining your status.
    He isn't really "famous for being famous"... he is famous for skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    He isn't really "famous for being famous"... he is famous for skating.
    Which explains why all the skaters with better results than his are also buying 1.1 million condos.

And not like most Perez Hilton readers give a rat's ass about skating.

vCash
    1.1 million for a condo in NYC doesn't seem much money to me too. But 800+ sqft one bedroom seems HUGE to me. Mine is 650 sqft and it is a perfect size for me. I don't know what I would do with the extra 150-200 or so sqft. Well, I know what I would do with it but I probably would've bought a smaller one bedroom (and, presumably, cheaper) or pay more for that second bedroom.

How much could he rent his place?

I love real estate shows. Johnny on House Hunters would rock. I wish his show was shown on Canada. Come on, OUT TV!

vCash
    Congrats to Johnny on his new condo. I guess he can't tell the kiddies in his old school he isn't rich now. Anyways where I come from you've got to be rich to afford such an abode.

vCash
    It was on Howard Stern that he said that last year he'd made $500,000. I think by most people's standards that is raking it in.

Ant

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast