Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySpartacus View Post
    hehe I'm catching up on this week's SVU as I type!

I think Johnny's apartment is so stunning! The view from those floor-to-ceiling windows!

I wonder if Johnny will skate to Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' in the future? Off topic but, I just bought it and it's driving me insane! Wonder if he loves it as much as I do!!!? lol

<-----I just noticed that one. So cute! hehe
    What shows I miss I watch on their respective sites.

And yes-back OT Johnny's apartment looks quite devine!!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I hope that Johnny is happy doing this. That clip of him walking in the show is...WOW!

USFS must invite Johnny to appear on the Red Carpet event preceding the premiere of RISE, next week. We want Johnny! We want Johnny!

Johnny will be modeling in Adrienne Landau's show that night which will feature Johnny's own designs.

vCash
    If it wasn't for Johnny there would be no swans, he is clearly the inspiration for all swans worldwide. Swan Pride.

Ant

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    The costume Heder wore was directly inspired by Johnny's The Swan costume. I think the program was more of a spoof.
    I thought the costume was, too But I could certainly understand why it might not be seen that way.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    Why is this even "news"? Johnny can do what he wants, who cares how much his house is?
    Guess you haven't noticed all the real estate shows running 24/7 on various cable channels, and the articles and supplements in print media. Real estate deals are news even when they don't involve celebrities.

And 2 + 2 = 4 Or does it? Why not ask Richie Rich and other designers why they seem to think Johnny Weir can actually be a model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    He's trendy to people right now. It won't last.
    The same designer gave the coveted closing position of his show to JWoww, from Jersey Shore.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    http://guestofaguest.com/nightlife/b...tter-and-boom/

ITA, Frau Muller, that would be cool to see Evan and Johnny walking the red carpet at the RISE premiere, but realistically, not gonna happen. Despite ironically enough the documentary on Johnny having provided some inspiration for the decision to make a documentary on an important aspect of USFS history, (even including the coincidence of the title -- the original title of Johnny's documentary: Black Swan Rising in turn inspired by Maya Angelou's poem, Still I Rise), there is no way that USFS officials want Johnny anywhere near the premiere of RISE. Evan is their guy. He's the Olympic champion. He's in the film -- he's promoting the film -- he's the face of U.S. figure skating. Can the end of one dream give rise to another? Yes, as the film will document, but apparently, only the dreams of the chosen really matter.
    Did you even read Johnny's book? Johnny made if very clear that he wants nothing to do with the USFSA. Recall reading about accepting his first Readers Choice award? Where he took off the USA jacket after the award and walked on it. In that section of the book he made it very clear what he thought of the USFSA. Johnny seems to want the USFSA to be an indulgent parent. He seems to think that he should be able to act like an angry adolescent and still get total love and support from them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The same designer gave the coveted closing position of his show to JWoww, from Jersey Shore.
    How telling is that?

vCash
    Yes, of course, Johnny was the TRUE inspiration for making a documentary about the 1961 USFS team tragedy and gave the movie it's name. And of course, he won't be at RISE because USFS is discriminating against him yet again, and Evan was chosen because he is the OGM and the "chosen one."

Of course the fact that RISE is about the legacy left by the 1961 team and those who followed, and that Evan was coached by Frank Carroll, who was coached by the great Maribel Vinson who perished in the crash with her two daughters has nothing to do with him getting a major focus in RISE...nope, not at all, just more unfair USFS favoring Evan and shunning Johnny...

Good GRIEF!!!!!!
    Last edited by Yazmeen; 02-14-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Just me
    vCash
    I like the idea of keeping people of the same nationality together and working on a team to push each other.
    Really?
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Really?
    I know. That whole sentence/section is kind of odd in that article. I don't get it.
    Maybe too much glogg???
    “I’ve always loved [Elise] and I’m Norwegian and she’s Norwegian … that was a huge part of it. I like the idea of keeping people of the same nationality together and working on a team to push each other. It was completely free and carefree,” said Weir over a mug of mulled cider after the show.

vCash
    Like he ever was a team player.

vCash
    Weir is a Norwegian name? I never knew that. Learn something new every day.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Weir is a Norwegian name? I never knew that. Learn something new every day.
    I don't think the surname Weir is a Norwegian surname, but Johnny has mentioned before that he has Norwegian ancestry.

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j.../interact.html
    Q: Hi there, I was just wondering if you could choose to live in any other country what would it be and why? Thanks so much.

A: I would live in either Russia or South Korea. I have never felt more at home in a foreign land than I do when I am in South Korea and Russia. Specifically I'd like to live in Moscow and Seoul. Later in life I can see myself living in Norway because it where my ancestors are from.
    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...nteract05.html
    Sweden or Norway? Norway because my roots are Norwegian

vCash
    Wasn't Johnny inspired by Michelle Kwan...who was coached by Frank Carroll...who was coached by Maribel Vinson-Owen (famous Cosmic Connection)?

And isn't Johnny a 'Showman'...just like (in the most positive way) "Bowman the Showman"...who was coached by Frank Carroll?

Is everybody taking part in the RISE premiere related to Frank Carroll?

Or is the main link that each participating skater benefitted from the Memorial Fund, in which case Johnny certainly has a link.

Doesn't matter now, as he's doing a fashion show the same night. One can't help but think, though, that the legions of Johnny Fans -- especially those with pockets deep enough to buy Faberge Eggs -- could have made donations to the Memorial Fund.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    -- could have made donations to the Memorial Fund.
    Nothing stopping them from doing that now.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Does Johnny's stylest hate him or what?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Does Johnny's stylest hate him or what?
    Sometimes I wonder if all the stylists get together to on awards nights drinking pitchers of margaritas and laughing at what they got their clients to wear. Or if they have a website where they post images from events with captions like, "you think that's bad, look what I got Johnny to wear last night!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Nothing stopping them from doing that now.
    Or anyone else. I mean - it would be a way to, at this moment, court additional donations from Johnny's uber-fans.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast