vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    So, the condo has a bunny?
    I dunno, but they WON'T BE IGNORED!!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You just don't get it. Neither iceman nor I are publicly displaying our half naked bodies to the public, fashion or otherwise.
    Yes but at the same time, it has to be mentioned that Johnny Weir isn't getting these gigs because he can actually be a model. It's because he's Johnny Weir, so he can get away with the "paunch" that other models can't.

I'm still not convinced it's a paunch, though. ALL guys have a little something there, even the very built ones. (My bf can pull my size 0 girly jeans all the way up and he's a little squishy there.) That's why I pointed out that the cut is wrong. I'm underweight and even I can look pregnant depending on the cut of a top. Women with relatively large calves shouldn't wear pants/skirts that end mid-calf. Stuff like that.

What Johnny doesn't have is ginormous washboard abs that show through that little something.

vCash
    Why is this even "news"? Johnny can do what he wants, who cares how much his house is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    So, the condo has a bunny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I dunno, but they WON'T BE IGNORED!!
    Dunno about the bunny either ... I sure hope not! Well, if it does come with a bunny, it's probably just fur.

And btw, Rex, NEITHER WILL YOU ... Salud!

Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    ... it has to be mentioned that Johnny Weir isn't getting these gigs because he can actually be a model. It's because he's Johnny Weir, ...
    And 2 + 2 = 4 Or does it? Why not ask Richie Rich and other designers why they seem to think Johnny Weir can actually be a model.

Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    Why is this even "news"? Johnny can do what he wants, who cares how much his house is?
    ITA, bbkenn. But it seems, if this thread is any indication, that quite a few people care about how much Johnny's new abode costs, and they also seem concerned about whether he plans to continue with his "dry-humping" on television, and hanging out with the z-list crowd.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-13-2011 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Why not ask Richie Rich and other designers why they seem to think Johnny Weir can actually be a model.
    Because it gets them attention. Probably not because of his potential modelling ability.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Because it gets them attention. Probably not because of his potential modelling ability.
    He's trendy to people right now. It won't last.

vCash
    http://guestofaguest.com/nightlife/b...tter-and-boom/

If you actually watch the video, I think it's quite clear that Richie Rich doesn't need anyone to get him or his show attention. Does Johnny garner extra press? Highly likely, but in the fashion world, I think Richie Rich is obviously very established and known for his quirky esthetic. I think the vid clearly shows that Richie Rich and Johnny are friends who understand each other and enjoy being in each other's company.

In regard to Johnny's "potential ability," ... the fact he's already walked the runway more than once already, I think takes him past "potential." I also doubt that modeling is going to be his main focus of endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I hope that Johnny is happy doing this. That clip of him walking in the show is...WOW!

USFS must invite Johnny to appear on the Red Carpet event preceding the premiere of RISE, next week. We want Johnny! We want Johnny!
    ITA, Frau Muller, that would be cool to see Evan and Johnny walking the red carpet at the RISE premiere, but realistically, not gonna happen. Despite ironically enough the documentary on Johnny having provided some inspiration for the decision to make a documentary on an important aspect of USFS history, (even including the coincidence of the title -- the original title of Johnny's documentary: Black Swan Rising in turn inspired by Maya Angelou's poem, Still I Rise), there is no way that USFS officials want Johnny anywhere near the premiere of RISE. Evan is their guy. He's the Olympic champion. He's in the film -- he's promoting the film -- he's the face of U.S. figure skating. Can the end of one dream give rise to another? Yes, as the film will document, but apparently, only the dreams of the chosen really matter.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Despite ironically enough the documentary on Johnny having provided some inspiration for the decision to make a documentary on an important aspect of USFS history, (even including the coincidence of the title
    Johnny's documentary inspired Rise?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I've heard Johnny's documentary also inspired the movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman. The original title of Johnny's documentary was Black Swan Rising. Coincidence? I don't think so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    No, I said the decision to make a documentary on some aspect of figure skating's history, IMO, took some inspiration from the fact a documentary was being filmed about Johnny. In fact, David Barba and James Pellerito originally planned to do a general documentary about the sport, and then decided to focus their film on Johnny. The success of Pop Star On Ice on the indie circuit surely signaled to USFS that developing a film was an effective way to further promote the sport. In the case of RISE, they have done that while at the same time honoring the 1961 team and bringing their story back into wider public awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSatterwhite View Post
    I've heard Johnny's documentary also inspired the movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman. The original title of Johnny's documentary was Black Swan Rising. Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Touché

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    No, I said the decision to make a documentary on some aspect of figure skating's history, IMO, took some inspiration from the fact a documentary was being filmed about Johnny. In fact, David Barba and James Pellerito originally planned to do a general documentary about the sport, and then decided to focus their film on Johnny. The success of Pop Star On Ice on the indie circuit surely signaled to USFS that developing a film was an effective way to further promote the sport. In the case of RISE, they have done that while at the same time honoring the 1961 team and bringing their story back into wider public awareness.
    Oh, so this is like how Johnny inspired Blades of Glory.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I think Jon Heder's character in Blades of Glory was inspired by Johnny's The Swan sp performance.

vCash
    The success of Pop Star On Ice on the indie circuit surely signaled to USFS that developing a film was an effective way to further promote the sport.
    Yes, because there haven't been any other documentary films lately that have had any kind of commercial success at all
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I think Jon Heder's character in Blades of Glory was inspired by Johnny's The Swan sp performance.
    I think Jon Heder's first "program" was inspired by Johnny Weir, but other than that, I can't think of a single thing the character and the person have in common.

But this is old territory.

More about Johnny's condo! Or flab. Or whatever the latest is in here.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    No, I said the decision to make a documentary on some aspect of figure skating's history, IMO, took some inspiration from the fact a documentary was being filmed about Johnny.
    This is not a matter of opinion. Either they did or did not get the idea to make a documentary from Johnny. For you to act like you know is just silly. I also suppose that when a butterfly flaps its wings...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    The costume Heder wore was directly inspired by Johnny's The Swan costume. I think the program was more of a spoof.

Most of the stuff in here is old territory.

No, BigB08822, who said they got the idea to make a documentary from Johnny. It was Barba and Pellerito who asked USFS for permission to film a documentary about the sport, and they later decided to focus it on Johnny. So, USFS independently decided to pursue developing another film on a different aspect of the sport or the plans for RISE were already in the works before they were approached by Barba and Pellerito. The high profile success of Pop Star On Ice on the indie circuit certainly did not go unnoticed.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-14-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    http://guestofaguest.com/nightlife/b...tter-and-boom/

If you actually watch the video, I think it's quite clear that Richie Rich doesn't need anyone to get him or his show attention. Does Johnny garner extra press? Highly likely, but in the fashion world, I think Richie Rich is obviously very established and known for his quirky esthetic. I think the vid clearly shows that Richie Rich and Johnny are friends who understand each other and enjoy being in each other's company.

In regard to Johnny's "potential ability," ... the fact he's already walked the runway more than once already, I think takes him past "potential." I also doubt that modeling is going to be his main focus of endeavor.
    Well, if Johnny Weir wasn't Johnny Weir and was just another guy, Richie Rich wouldn't have hired him. That's my point.

And just because he's walked the runway "more than once" doesn't mean he has any staying power. He's hot right now - we'll see how things go 2-3 years down the road.

vCash
    How do you know whether Johnny has any intention or desire to continue doing this 2-3 years down the road?

You also seem to be able to read Richie Rich's mind, in addition to predicting Johnny Weir's future.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast