Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Tinami 2012
    vCash
    There is no way in hell this place is 826 square feet. In NY, it's common practice in condos to count a percentage of the common square footage (e.g., lobby, hallway, roof deck) as part of the unit square footage. If you measure the dimensions, and figure that they are most probably exterior wall to exterior wall, this place is 600 square feet at most.

Keep in mind that the listed taxes are abated and will increase substantially, every two years, for the next ten years until they're market rate. ($1,000 or more per month).

And $1.1 million is a good amount for a one bedroom in NY. Apartments this size can sell for $500k or lower, though they are usually co-ops, which frown on allowing even minor celebrities. What Johnny is paying for are the views, the new-construction finishes, and the luxury building.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I find his supporters annoying in their "Poor victim Johnny!" mode, but that isn't HIS fault.

If he makes a ton of money, good for him. And obviously in the case of a real estate transaction he can't avoid publicity. But he has a history of bewailing how little he has, how no one supports him, and on the other hand putting his very expensive tastes front and center. Frankly he's rather tacky on the subject of money. It's just another eye-rolling moment when this came out. Same as when I look at what some idiot actors and athletes buy with their money.
    I consider myself a fan, but I've never been from the "Poor victim Johnny" mode as you put it. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I am.

Johnny doesn't annoy me with his rants-he amuses me. But to each his own.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jenny;3067724]It's certainly not peanuts; but it may not be an indicator of his wealth either. He wouldn't be the first person to buy something that was above his means or not the wisest financial move.QUOTE]

I managed to do that with a car. Once.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    I guess Johnny and Tim Gunn won't be having dinner together real soon. I love Tim...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...title=Tim_Gunn
    I just adore Tim.

Side note: I live on the Upper West Side and a lot of fashion week attendees walking and dining around these last few days have been wearing tiny NO FUR! buttons. It's been great to see.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    There are several excerpts in the book thread, I think.

It's not a bad book and parts of it are quite entertaining, but....Johnny does not come across particularly well . Again, the book thread is pretty much right on.
    I have to look for that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    But Johnny's a skater, and I like to support skaters when I can. I don't have any hangups about helping him buy his condo . More power to him.
    ITA. It's the least I can do after all these years of pleasure of watching him perform.
    ETA: which thread talks about his book? The general reading one? Thanks.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Just wait until Rachael Flatt wins Worlds in March. Heads will explode. Mine included
    Although I prefer Alissa to medal I want those 3 spots back for U.S. ladies. A U.S. podium would be awesome whether it'd be Rachael, Alissa, or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    My son, the NYC AD (Assistant Director) of film and formally TV (and yes, Law & Order SVU), said that technically one does not need a permit to simply shoot footage outside in NYC unless (and it's a big unless) the camera crew is interrupting traffic (vehicle or pedestrian) or holding parking spots overnight for their trucks to park all day (if they have production trucks) - then they need permits. However, if they're just let's say following him walking out the door of his building and shooting him as he walks down the street and not bothering anyone else, they do not need permits from the Mayor's Office for Film & Television to shoot. Inside the building, that's the building's issue to balance the needs of its residents. And yes, if it were a co-op whole different story but it's not.
    Law & Order SVU? That ROCKS!!! I'm a HUGE fan of the series-all of them but especially SVU!

That's interesting about the permits-I was one that always thought they filmmakers had to have one no matter what.

moving right along
    vCash

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Law & Order SVU? That ROCKS!!! I'm a HUGE fan of the series-all of them but especially SVU!
    hehe I'm catching up on this week's SVU as I type!

I think Johnny's apartment is so stunning! The view from those floor-to-ceiling windows!

I wonder if Johnny will skate to Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' in the future? Off topic but, I just bought it and it's driving me insane! Wonder if he loves it as much as I do!!!? lol

<-----I just noticed that one. So cute! hehe

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post

Thanks for the links, HisWeirness. Johnny "tarted up" and having fun making a living.
    Always happy when someone is "making a living"..Good for Johnny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I just adore Tim.

Side note: I live on the Upper West Side and a lot of fashion week attendees walking and dining around these last few days have been wearing tiny NO FUR! buttons. It's been great to see.

Just my off topic vent, I wish the PETA people would put as much effort into protesting puppy mills as they do attacking people who wear fur. If you're not familiar with puppy mills, google and watch but not on a full stomach.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 02-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for all the links HisW. Johnny is looking fabulous!!

vCash
    Maybe someone could help me, the whole point of the runway show is to introduce your clothing to potential buyers so why all the crazy make up on the models? The emphasis should be on the clothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Maybe someone could help me, the whole point of the runway show is to introduce your clothing to potential buyers so why all the crazy make up on the models? The emphasis should be on the clothing.
    The makeup is mainly for effect, I think. A fashion show is part-theater, after all. A lot of the time, it's more about concepts; most of the OTT stuff you see on the runway isn't meant to go directly to the public. What you might see is some of the design elements in certain designs in some of the off-the-rack stuff, I think. Sort of like concept cars at the auto shows.

Clearly, Johnny's get up isn't street-ready. But don't be surprised if you see some guys wearing a beglittered beanie this spring.

vCash
    Why such a short runway? You hardly had time to examine the clothes. Surprised though that a plaid shirt and a pair of jeans----which has been around since....----is something to show at a show as being original.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have to look for that thread.
    ETA: which thread talks about his book? The general reading one? Thanks.
    You can read Chapter 5 in its entirety online -- link is posted at the top of this page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...y+Weir&page=24

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The whole Cabaret meets Thoroughly Modern Millie Meets Last of the Mohicans get-up makes him look like a Hollywood montage.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post

Eh, the leather loincloth would've looked better on a model who's lean and cut. It looks kind of silly on Johnny's rather flabby lower body.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Eh, the leather loincloth would've looked better on a model who's lean and cut. It looks kind of silly on Johnny's rather flabby lower body.
    Um...that would look really stupid on anyone.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast