Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    vCash
    I may be mistaken, but I believe the blue furry was one of a few pieces of his collaboration with the designer. It did match the bag beautifully.

vCash
    Johnny's creations were a fur hat, a fur scarf and a long silver fur coat.

The New York Daily News named Johnny's skating as one of the highlights of Fashion Week.

vCash
    Oh thanks! I guess I WAS mistaken lol. It was great that some of his stuff was shown at Fashion Week and sweet of the designer to include him. He can get some crazy getups on but my taste runs to the more mundane so I'm not a good judge of what is good fashion as art.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Well, the third one would have been fine minus the dead whatever he had thrown over one shoulder.

I note that Johnny's tote is larger than mine. I wonder what all he has to carry around?
    Must. Resist. Obvious. Joke. About. Johnny. And. Baggage.

Ant

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Have no idea about Johnny but CNN has done little snippets about fashion week and they said the models get anywhere from $500 to $15,000 for walking the cat walk.
    That would be for professional models, no?

I think when shows have "celebrity" guests they either do it as a favour to the designer if they know each other, perhaps in return for some clothes, or it's a mutually beneficial arrangement because Johnny gets attention for the show and the show gets attention for Johnny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    You're not wrong. Evan and Tara may not be popular skaters, but every thread about Johnny is hundreds of posts long, with his detracters sniping away and hoping in their secret little hearts that something awful will happen to him because he didn't fulfill their expectations or meet their standards versus his fans who defend him to the death. It's gotten a little boring actually. You know what certain people are going to say before you read their posts.
    True, REO, 'tho I can't predict exactly what people will say*, just the tone certain posters tend to take. Agree with boring re the "sniping." Personally, I often can't resist sniping back with my point of view. It becomes contagious. BTW, JW needs no defending from me of any kind, certainly not to the death. I may write lengthy theses, but it’s not in “defense” of Johnny, just more that I’m expressing what I think, and I’ve thought a lot about the issues surrounding Johnny, and of course, I’ve followed his career for many years. Maybe I have too much to say, but I don’t think I’m an expert, nor that everyone must agree with me. Most of Johnny’s “uber” fans I doubt come here that often, or if they do, (excepting moi) they don’t seem to bother interacting too much in Johnny threads. Definitely the snarking and replies to snarking do get old and tiresome, but then there are the occasional refreshingly funny takes too. Not to mention the entertaining posts by those who seem to live inside Johnny’s head, and amazingly know what his future holds.

My votes for thread winners:
    Tinami Amori #32, Matryeshka #136, skatingfan5 #137, Southpaw #367

Thread losers -- too many to count (yes, some of mine included).

Quote Originally Posted by Hooloovoo View Post
    Johnny made 3 of the 11 photos in Yahoo's 'What Were They Thinking' gallery for this week.

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/what-wer...-thinking/4606

-Hoo
    I thought the plaid outfits were loud, but cute – very Mondo-inspired. Susan Sarandon … a great actress – didn’t realize she was that petite. The rest of the outfits … well, Johnny’s one-of-a-kind. I’m not a huge fashionista, but I think most designer fashion is supposed to be over-the-top for the runway or for glamorous celeb events. Did anyone see Nicki Minaj’s outfit at the Grammys?

*OTOH, a few posters do have a predictable continuing refrain: "I don't like him anymore. He doesn't interest me. Hate his recent transitionless programs ... blah, blah."
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    Wonder if Johnny will ever become a member of the Hairclub for Men.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    ^ Some are cursed to live without their hair while others are cursed to live with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    I don’t think I’m an expert, nor that everyone must agree with me.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    More Johnny news:

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos To Produce Second Season Of 'Be Good Johnny Weir'

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Prods. has come on board to co-produce with Charlie Corwin’s Original Media the second season of the docu-series Be Good Johnny Weir, which chronicles the flamboyant figure skater as he mounts his upcoming ice skating stage show Spectacular. The 10-episode second season is now in production for a summer run on the gay-centered cable channel Logo. Additionally, Milojo and Original Media, along with Weir’s Fireworks Management, will spearhead the development and production of Spectacular.

vCash
    Thanks. I guess that the big news here is this Spectacular ice show. I am guessing that this will be a Las Vegas type show -- one venue for a long run -- rather than a tour across the US? Or maybe a tour to Japan, Europe and one or two 'progressive' cities in the US? I'd love to see it but won't pump myself too much, then be let down if it doesn't happen.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Thanks. I guess that the big news here is this Spectacular ice show. I am guessing that this will be a Las Vegas type show -- one venue for a long run -- rather than a tour across the US? Or maybe a tour to Japan, Europe and one or two 'progressive' cities in the US? I'd love to see it but won't pump myself too much, then be let down if it doesn't happen.
    There doesn't seem to be any info at all about it on the Web, apart from the announcement about the producers.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'm no fan of JW's usual hot air BUT with large ticket productions, the producers sorta should come first. So this may be more substance than air. If he gets his financing in order then he actually has a shot at realizing a show. With producers in place the question (and it will not be resolved in public) is whether the amount of money they can raise from investors (the producers are not usually the only investors especially when large amounts are involved) and the budget for what he envisions fall into the same financial neighborhood. They have to work that out. So it's financial steps first and that's the way to go.
    Last edited by Willowway; 02-22-2011 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    I wonder what happened to the two guys who filmed and produced season one?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I wonder what happened to the two guys who filmed and produced season one?
    From the article linked above:
    The second season is executive produced by Corwin and Peterson for Original Media, Ripa, Consuelos and Albert Bianchini for Milojo and David Barba and James Pellerito for Retribution Media.
    Looks like Barba and Pellerito are still involved in season 2 of BGJW.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post

After the Olympics he was talking about wanting to do a show spectacular at Madison Square Garden. It sounded like it was aimed at the tweens and teens. Lady Gaga, guys hanging from the ceiling, etc.

vCash
    I don't think he was targeting a specific demographic. He also mentioned Elton and Cirque du Soliel (sp?) I think the idea was just that it not be a straight skating show. Those aren't selling all that many tickets so he wanted a more universal appeal. Of course what appeals to Johnny doesn't appeal to everyone. lol I guess we'll see. He should try for Justin Bieber. The latest issue of Rolling Stone said he skates. That would pack in the teenies!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    After the Olympics he was talking about wanting to do a show spectacular at Madison Square Garden. It sounded like it was aimed at the tweens and teens. Lady Gaga, guys hanging from the ceiling, etc.
    It doesn't sound like a tween show at all to me. Fans of Lady Gaga? People who like Cirque Du Soleil? We're talking the 18 and up crowd.

You really need to get out more, mmscfdscu.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Hey, my tweener loves Lady Gaga (and Johnny's Poker Face).

(But I actually agree with you that tweeners are not Johnny's target audience. )
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    He should try for Justin Bieber. The latest issue of Rolling Stone said he skates.
    Of course he does - he's Canadian!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021