Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The whole Cabaret meets Thoroughly Modern Millie Meets Last of the Mohicans get-up makes him look like a Hollywood montage.
    More skaters should use Thoroughly Modern Millie for their programs.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Eh, the leather loincloth would've looked better on a model who's lean and cut. It looks kind of silly on Johnny's rather flabby lower body.
    Johnny is flabby?!

vCash
    Right?! Why would they use a big old tub of lard like Johnny and not someone really hot like orbitz must be? I just don't get it. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Right?! Why would they use a big old tub of lard like Johnny and not someone really hot like orbitz must be? I just don't get it. LOL

I think the question is not why wouldn't you hire Orbitz, but rather in an industry filled with this and this why would you hire someone like Johnny?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, it's too bad some can't have one without unnecessary ridicule as a response.

vCash
    The dog in the first pic would look great in that outfit!!!!! rotfl

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Eh, the leather loincloth would've looked better on a model who's lean and cut. It looks kind of silly on Johnny's rather flabby lower body.
    Johnny's not flabby - the cut's just wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post

I think the question is not why wouldn't you hire Orbitz, but rather in an industry filled with this and this why would you hire someone like Johnny?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, it's too bad some can't have one without unnecessary ridicule as a response.
    That was exactly my point. I would have Johnny in clothings and leave the 3/4 naked look to the professional adonises.

vCash
    but rather in an industry filled with this and this why would you hire someone like Johnny?
    Oh god YES!

vCash

That was exactly my point. I would have Johnny in clothings and leave the 3/4 naked look to the professional adonises.
    I am amazed at how many people do think Johnny is sexy. To each his own. But the shows he is modeling in - are they not charity shows with celebs modeling the clothes?

vCash
    No, the shows Johnny has been modeling in this week are part of New York's Fashion Week. While designers may ask celebrities to be guest models, the models in the shows are professional models.

vCash

I think the question is not why wouldn't you hire Orbitz, but rather in an industry filled with this and this why would you hire someone like Johnny?.
    http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...ery_nigel.html

Hmmm, even though the above photos are from circa 2004, still Johnny seems able to hold his own with the best of the professionals.

But berthesghost ... here I thought you were the master of ridicule and sarcasm. Anyway, why not be like Johnny and have the courage to hold onto your opinions in the face of what you feel is ridicule? Some points being made are just personal observations, and some of these so-called opinions of Johnny seem more to me like poking fun of him, looking down on him, envying him, ridiculing him, but maybe it's "just my 'magination runnin' away with me."

vCash
    Funny, I think that calling anyone whose body looks the way Johnny's does "flabby" and "paunchy" is the epitome of unnecessary ridicule. Some people seem to be able to dish it out, but can't take the heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    No, the shows Johnny has been modeling in this week are part of New York's Fashion Week. While designers may ask celebrities to be guest models, the models in the shows are professional models.
    Ahhhhhhh, I see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    In Johnny-related news, here is a video of his appearance at the Richie Rich Villionaire fashion show (Johnny begins appearing around 0:45) ...
    Schmoozin’ wid zee z-list looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Yes, but Kate Moss is 5'7". Short for a model but not short for a woman. Johnny is short for a man, full-stop. He gets hired for modeling gigs not because of his modeling ability, but because he's Johnny Weir. He'll only be able to keep that up if he's famous.
    No doubt Johnny’s high profile as a skater led to him meeting and becoming friends with people in the design community, which led to his first modeling gigs during Fashion Week and to his participation in some rockin’ photo shoots over the years. Cool that he now has more time to be involved in walking the runway, designing a bit himself, and skating too during Fashion Week festivities. Continued modeling gigs are probably forthcoming, as Johnny seems to do a great job, whilst “having fun and making a living.” He likely will “keep it up” as long as there are designers eager to have him walk the runway in their shows.

Funnily enough, Johnny quipped during his Closet Confessions video for bluefly.com that he aspires to be Kate Moss -- LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/user/stuckons.../1/7-vuitukYhA

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    What happened to Johnny's body? Legs still look athletic, but the rest not so much, even beginning to show a small paunch.
    ?Johnny Paunch? – could be the makeup, lighting and camera angle. Not speaking from actual up close and personal touch test, but surely what some see as the “beginnings of a paunch” is still all muscle, no flab. BTW, iceman, and orbitz, have you checked your own mid-sections lately?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    BTW, iceman, and orbitz, have you checked your own mid-sections lately?
    You just don't get it. Neither iceman nor I are publicly displaying our half naked bodies to the public, fashion or otherwise.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am continually amused when people bring street standards into skating, dance or fashion when it comes to looks and fitness.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    No problem, orbitz. More than likely ... you don't get it either ... not a world-ending dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Must" have come? For a product like Johnny's book, there is almost no chance at all that even if the phrase was suggested by someone else, it wouldn't have been put there without his or her camp's approval.
    It would seem so – input and final approval was probably included in Johnny’s contract. He certainly had a lot to do with the cover theme/ photo. Many writers have little or no say, nor final approval, in how cover art and text on the inside flap are put together.

BTW, you seem to be such a stickler, overedge. And maybe it’s contagious -- -- Johnny seemingly could teach us all something about adding a bit more joie de vivre and z-list fun to our schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    As opposed to your own analysis of his psyche and motivations, which is obviously far more rigorous and reliable than anyone else's
    Ouch…

Analysis – nah, more like commentary
    Rigorous – hardly
    Reliable – hmmm, who knows? Since I’m not a Johnny-come lately, let’s just say I’m relying upon my considerable memories and impressions from following Johnny’s career over the years on and off the ice. Also, relying upon what Johnny relates and reveals in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Yep. The fact that he responds shows that it does matter. ...
    I don’t think it mattered whether the boys fell for Johnny’s continued flaunting of the streamers. They either kept up their taunts, got tired and gave up, or came over to Johnny’s way of thinking – maybe girly streamers don’t have to be for girls only. -- In the long run, I think what matters is that Johnny gussied up the streamers, got back on his bike, went back to the boys’ hangout and stood up for himself and his choices. Even if it was for something as “silly” as streamers on a bicycle, he refused to be bullied into letting go of his sense of self and conforming to others’ expectations.

Reminds me of Johnny’s admitted immaturity in pulling out of a fs competition because the judges told him not to wear his sp costume (for The PuppetMaster). He later wore the costume at 2003 Nationals. The costume may have been seen as daring/ too fabulous, but gah, why? In fact, the costume is very memorable, and it was a breath of fresh air at the time – something different that worked beautifully with Johnny’s music and choreo. It was the beginning of his breaking the mold …. LOL, he was so cute – “I got a 5.8.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhFvPHB_aKg

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Many writers have little or no say, nor final approval, in how cover art and text on the inside flap are put together.
    You are wrong. For autobiographies (especially celebrity ones) this sort of approval or control is almost standard. If you are writing a book to promote your public image, why would you risk some editor or copywriter adding wording that would undercut what you are trying to promote?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am continually amused when people bring street standards into skating, dance or fashion when it comes to looks and fitness.
    Guess that's the "mysterious and puzzling" thing about Johnny Sport, IceAlisa, it can be so amusing and confusing. Be sure to try out that Haute Dogs recipe. If you're a vegetarian, try mixing things up a little with say... some eggplant and mushrooms-- that's what cooking is all about.

From The Quotable Johnny Weir, the most recent quote about what Johnny plans to do on Valentine’s Day, is hilarious, and the quote circa 2004, is as relevant today as it was then. It’s gotta be my fave of the moment:

When fans go negative, I’d love to see them go out there and do it better …

http://quotablejohnnyweir.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    In the end, is he really original and outrageous or whatever, or does he just want people to think he is?

Yes, upon further reflection and deep but not so “rigorous” examination, I think Johnny really is “original, outrageous or whatever.”

And maybe he’s not all that puzzling or mysterious either, but just a bundle of contradictions … like most human beings.

Johnny Weir: Everybody Loves Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSjh...eature=related

Johnny Weir -- U.R.A. Fever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3k3...1&feature=fvwp

Anywhere But Here -- Johnny Weir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nj3d...1&feature=fvwp

The last vid montage above says it all for me about Johnny's journey

Is this the end of the moment or just a beautiful unfolding ... Everything I never thought could happen or come to pass ... I wonder if maybe I could be all you ever dreamed ... You are beautiful inside, so lovely.

A Big Thanks to OMGASY

In’t it better to at least try to live life on your own terms, and have few or no regrets? Those who don’t realize already will likely find out sooner or later: Life can not always be planned out to a “t” – and there’s always a chance that it might come crashing down all around us. At which point, you either pick up the pieces and keep on truckin’ or give up altogether, or maybe exist in a kind of limbo between what might have been and what is.

__________________________________________________ ___

You either get busy livin’ or get busy dying. Regina Brett

vCash

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast