Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    well,I think this whole topic has nothing about figure skating

the only thing I know now is Johnny Weir will never comeback to compete again,even though he keep saying that.and Johnny Weir never been that poor,but kept asking for money and expensive gifts from fans. A true LIAR

Quote Originally Posted by BYTCH View Post
    Any chance an SD (Sugar Daddy) bought it for him?
    no he needn't,he can just sell part of the gifts from japanese fans and then buy a even larger apartment by cash.if that Easter Egg he mentioned in his book is real,it may worth over a million dollars ╮(╯_╰)╭

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post

the only thing I know now is Johnny Weir will never comeback to compete again,even though he keep saying that.and Johnny Weir never been that poor,but kept asking for money and expensive gifts from fans. A true LIAR

no he needn't,he can just sell part of the gifts from japanese fans and then buy a even larger apartment by cash.if that Easter Egg he mentioned in his book is real,it may worth over a million dollars ╮(╯_╰)╭
    A true LIAR?

vCash
    Now I'm really shaking my head over why some people are so upset that Johnny bought a condo? I don't remember such a "debate" when other skaters bought houses or cars etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    A true LIAR?
    Yeah not like those disgusting fake liars

Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Now I'm really shaking my head over why some people are so upset that Johnny bought a condo? I don't remember such a "debate" when other skaters bought houses or cars etc.
    I don't get it either. I've had my fair share of criticisms of Johnny, but buying a place to live is not one of them.

I also don't understand how people do not understand that he now has a lot more money than he ever did skating. It's surely not a difficult concept to grasp - you skate all the time, you earn little money and spend most of it on ice time/coaching. You stop and cash in on your fame = more money comes in.

My criticism of Johnny way back when was that i didn't believe in his crying poverty when he flashed his Louis Vuiton all over the show. If you can afford accessories I can't, working full time, then you are not "poor" or if you are you need to have a word with yourself.

Ant

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well yes, if regularly buying truckloads of designer clothes is perceived as a need, then you can never have enough.
    I'm assuming that a lot of what we see him wearing at events is loaned by the designers or stylists, or given to him. It all tends to look a little like cast offs from the bargain bin.

vCash
    Because those other skaters haven't been running their mouths off for years about how "poor" they are.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsissv View Post
    Good for you, Johnny! ......but I REALLY don't think they should have revealed his exact address like that... too much information!...
    I'm sure that Johnny likes it that way; the Angels can easily find him. (wink)

In general - WOW, Feel the Hate with this topic. I read the overnight postings and this is seriously disturbing...how many haterz are spewing venom over Johnny's success. Serious jealousy against such a beautiful and talented individual.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    Because those other skaters haven't been running their mouths off for years about how "poor" they are.
    Exactly. If that's what he wants to do, fine, it's his money (I assume, that or his loan) but then it would be VERY inappropriate for him to again complain about not having any money.

Who knows, maybe that WAS a real Fabrege egg and he sold it...

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Incidentally, the median income for Manhattan is about $47,000. (That means half the folks who live there make less than that.) If Johnny's 1.1 million is peanuts, what do you call what those folks pay for where they live?

In any case, I'd say Johnny is doing very well for himself! Good for him!

eta: nanopeanuts?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Actually, any real estate transaction is a matter of public record. The attorney at my closing mentioned this several times.
    Which is why most celebreties buy thier real estate in "corporate" names to try to keep people like you and I from easily tracking them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Exactly. If that's what he wants to do, fine, it's his money (I assume, that or his loan) but then it would be VERY inappropriate for him to again complain about not having any money.
    It would also be VERY inappropriate for Johnny to murder someone too...he hasn't yet, so I don't think i'll get to worried about it right now, but IF he does *shakes fist angrily*

Ant

vCash
    Thread winner.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I guess you didn't see the thread about Evan wanting to buy an Aston Martin. There was plenty of and in that one too. At least nobody in this thread has played the "Think of all the charities Johnny could help with that money!" card. (Yet!)
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I read the overnight postings and this is seriously disturbing...how many haterz are spewing venom over Johnny's success. Serious jealousy against such a beautiful and talented individual.
    Criticizing's someone actions does not mean you are jealous of that person.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Johnny is certainly entitled to buy a home for himself. What I think we are seeing is the pent up emotion of those folks (and I'm included a bit) who have listened him whine and complain for years... years, about everything including how poorly he has been supported by other people financially. His complaining has been public, more than a bit much and now those who are sick of it have a temporary focus, his new apartment. It will quiet down; this is not a long-term issue.

As far as his street address - aside from the fact that it is, as noted, public record, someone is worried about privacy for a guy who discussed the length of his penis on national radio? Many of us actually wish Johnny himself opted for a little more privacy now and then but apparently not.
    Last edited by Willowway; 02-08-2011 at 05:10 PM.

vCash
    Actually that sounds a like a pretty good investment. Its not like he bought a McMansion.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    As far as his street address - aside from the fact that it is, as noted, public record, someone is worried about privacy for a guy who discussed the length of his penis on national radio? Many of us actually wish Johnny himself opted for a little more privacy now and then but apparently not.
    I just checked - there are several links on his website's homepage to the articles linked here - so he's essentially told everyone his address.

One wonders what his neighbours will think of all this - celebrities are a dime a dozen in Manhattan, but camera crews in your building and fans hovering about outside are a different matter entirely.

vCash
    Johnny's purchase is a typical Manhattan investment. Not a dumb move by any means. While the condo may not appreciate in value, it will not depreciate either. Not in the area it's located. Sure, it's not Park Av. - but it's a nice location.

To clarify the median income situation. Manhattan has neighborhoods that are far from wealthy. Plus, it has countless housing projects. That contributes to the median income number. Overall, $49K is not representative of the avg income of Manhattan residents, especially in ok areas.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I also don't understand how people do not understand that he now has a lot more money than he ever did skating. It's surely not a difficult concept to grasp - you skate all the time, you earn little money and spend most of it on ice time/coaching. You stop and cash in on your fame = more money comes in.

My criticism of Johnny way back when was that i didn't believe in his crying poverty when he flashed his Louis Vuiton all over the show. If you can afford accessories I can't, working full time, then you are not "poor" or if you are you need to have a word with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    ^ Both of these posts sum it up for me exactly.

And I think some of the frustration also comes from those who are concerned about him having a long-term income. The other skaters who buy condos, cars, etc, have a proven track record of endorsements, show appearances . . . essentially a future that provides an income. Johnny on the other hand may be making a lot NOW and cashing in on a lot of opportunities NOW, but doesn't seem to have a long term plan in place.

I just remember the days his mother said they blew their retirement savings to pay for his skating. I do hope he paid them back (I seem to recall he did).
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    http://streeteasy.com/nyc/sale/57520...south-new-york

I wonder if anyone regrets donating to his training fund.

Map:

http://www.twenty9th.com/
    I don't regret supporting athletes when I can one bit. It is a joy for me to see those I have supported even if in a small way move on and up, and become a great success in their lives-in all aspects, not just financial.

Wow-that seems way harsh.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-08-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast