Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    That longer feature on Alissa is really lovely. She is strikingly pretty but also comes across as elegant, sweet and a hard working athlete.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    That longer feature on Alissa is really lovely. She is strikingly pretty but also comes across as elegant, sweet and a hard working athlete.
    Gardenkitty to quote MGoblue, this is the heart and soul of us here in Michigan. We aren't fragile but we work our butts off. We work hard for what we have and we don't expect a hand out. We are so proud of our ice dancers and give them the utmost respect. We love our home grown; yet I was one of the first to skate and test with Igor when he jumped the ship from Torvill and Dean's show to skate untested here in Michigan at DSC. Back then they actually had to defect to the US. Judges had to tell Igor to cool the extensions cuz none of us could keep up with him! We skated so fast to the Killian I was scared and airborne on the choctaw! And passed!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    As a native Detroiter, I really liked the commercial. I also recognized Alissa immediately.

I'm glad that Eminem was there too. He's huge, and 8 Mile did way more for Detroit recognition than anything Kid Rock has done.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    @USFigureSkating tweeted today:
    Auditions being held for new Chrysler ad at Detroit SC on April 9, 1-3 p.m. Auditions are for female skaters only, ages 14-25 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I, too, thought it was very well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Crazy how she spent "several hours" spinning for a fraction of a second spot!
    Yeah- and they picked a change of a position to use. Bad editing! Should have shown her in the full beilman, not halfway through yanking her leg up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Newly uploaded today: Imported From Detroit - Perseverance
    (ETA: This is a 3.5 minute Chrysler video feature of Alissa practicing on the ice and speaking to the camera)
    That actually made me tear up. So proud of her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    I'm glad that Eminem was there too. He's huge, and 8 Mile did way more for Detroit recognition...
    My niece was visiting here from Switzerland, and the first thing she wanted to do was to go up to Eight Mile Road and take a picture of her standing beside a street sign that said Eight Mile.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yeah- and they picked a change of a position to use. Bad editing! Should have shown her in the full beilman, not halfway through yanking her leg up.
    True, but you can see her face better in the "halfway" position.

I'm still surprised that she was picked just because she was a female skater who happened to be a member of that agency and club - and not because of her fame. I wish I could audition for the new commercial =)
    Last edited by leafygreens; 04-08-2011 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    these Chrysler ad campaigns are so moving and well-made! I really want things go better with City of Detroit and the best of all for Alissa!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Newly uploaded today: Imported From Detroit - Perseverance
    (ETA: This is a 3.5 minute Chrysler video feature of Alissa practicing on the ice and speaking to the camera)

I got to say Jason Dungen looks awfully good @ 1:23

This man needs to become an actor

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The USFS site posted a little story yesterday about Chrysler's latest Alissa Czisny video: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46005

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Phil Hersh did a phone interview with Czisny last week: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...3309090.column
    "I always felt like it was me and not my coaching,'' Czisny said. "I would blame myself for my hard season and the things I couldn't do. I grew up learning patience and not to blame others — and I'm not blaming anyone now.''

Czisny calls the coaching change a way to find a different perspective. The result?

"A new me,'' she said.

The new Czisny can overcome a mistake, as she did in the free skate at the U.S. Championships. Or forget a poor result, as she did by writing off a fifth at February's Four Continents Championship to lack of preparation time after the nationals.

"In the past, I would feel like a mistake made me a failure, and things would start to unravel,'' she said. "Now it's just moving on and working to make everything else good.''
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alissa Czisny had a media teleconference today: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    At the end of article:
    Czisny leaves for Europe on Apr. 22nd, but she isn't going straight to Moscow. Dungjen, a two-time U.S. pair champion (with Kyoko Ina), is taking part in an ISU Pair Skating Development Training Seminar for Coaches and Pair Skaters in Berlin April 23 - May 1. Czisny will train for several days in Berlin, and will then meet her other coach, Sato, in Moscow. Dungjen will do as much of the seminar as he can before joining the two in Moscow.

vCash
    Auditions being held for new Chrysler ad at Detroit SC on April 9, 1-3 p.m. Auditions are for female skaters only, ages 14-25 years old.
    I wonder if Madison Chock tried out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234