Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    I would have preferred Kid Rock over Eminem...his latest music video was filmed in the UP (yes I know it's about Detroit and NOT Michigan in general)
    A quote from a Chrysler exec on why Eminem was chosen for this ad:

"Detroit's ascendancy mirrors Eminem's own struggles and accomplishments," Chrysler brand CEO and President Olivier Francois said in an e-mail to the AP. "This is not simply yet another celebrity in a TV spot. It has meaning. Like his music and story, the new Chrysler is `Imported from Detroit' with pride."
    Link to the article:
    http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...ps=1011&page=1

I like to think that Alissa was chosen for the same reason. She's had many struggles but some great accomplishments as well. Or maybe I am overthinking a car commercial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    A quote from a Chrysler exec on why Eminem was chosen for this ad:

Link to the article:
    http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...ps=1011&page=1

I like to think that Alissa was chosen for the same reason. She's had many struggles but some great accomplishments as well. Or maybe I am overthinking a car commercial.
    The commercial was filmed before she won Nats ... maybe, now, Chrysler should have her do more ads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    "The whole time out there I was spinning," said Czisny, who appears in the ad whirling in circles at Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. "I was a little dizzy at the end.""

Having been involved in commercials, I can just imagine. You do things over, and over, and over again.
    Hah. I can confirm that. Once upon a time (>30 years ago) I appeared in a commercial as an extra spinning in the background on an ice rink. I must have done the same scratch spin 50 times, because it was the only spin I could do reliably enough at the time.

Congrats to Alissa.

vCash
    Alissa and Eminem in one commercial? Greatest thing ever! Love them both!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieSix View Post
    Alissa and Eminem in one commercial? Greatest thing ever! Love them both!
    Me too. I'm personally glad Kid Rock wasn't in it since I think his music is crap, but it was awesome with Alissa and Eminem. I thought it was the best ad of the Superbowl.

vCash
    From the Required Elements blog interview with Czisny (link originally posted in the "Alissa's Coaches" thread earlier today): http://www.requiredelements.com/2011...-alissa-czisny
    RE: You were recently in a Super Bowl ad for Chrysler that also featured Eminem. A lot of people really loved this advertisement for the way it represented Detroit. How were you approached by Chrysler and did you have any idea of what the finished product would be like? What sort of reaction have you received?

AC: Chrysler and the people involved in the production of this commercial found me through the Productions Plus-Talent Shop (Bingham Farms, MI) and through my skating club (Detroit Skating Club). They were looking for a female skater who was in her twenties and could spin--and I fit the description perfectly! The day we filmed the commercial, I spent several hours spinning at the outdoor rink at Campus Martius in downtown Detroit. I knew the theme of the commercial, but I didn't know that it was going to be aired during the Superbowl! When I finally saw the commercial, I was astounded by the finished product--it portrays Detroit so well and is so inspiring, not only to us Detroiters but also to Americans in general. I was honored to be a part of the commercial, and I have been continually surprised by the positive response to the commercial!

vCash
    I saw that this morning- really interesting that she was picked from a talent agency, and not from the casting agents calling the skating club and asking for a good spinner.

(I bet the commercial couldn't believe their luck that the girl with "ice skating" on her resume turned out to be a two time national champion who some people would recognize, and not just a model who could stand on skates well enough to spin.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I saw that this morning- really interesting that she was picked from a talent agency, and not from the casting agents calling the skating club and asking for a good spinner.

(I bet the commercial couldn't believe their luck that the girl with "ice skating" on her resume turned out to be a two time national champion who some people would recognize, and not just a model who could stand on skates well enough to spin.)
    Great for Czisny. That commercial is going to be viewed a lot more times over the years.

vCash
    So basically Aylssa was chosen because she is a female skater in her twenties who can spin, not because she is Alyssa Czsiny, National Figure Skating Champion. That's kind of depressing. I am glad it turned out to be a coincidence!

vCash
    Well I'm guessing if the talent agency had any other models who skated they guided the artistic director in the direction of Alissa because she is an incredible skater. But it does sound like a bit of a coincidence they found her.

But I have a friend and a cousin who model (not sure how sucessful the friend is, but the cousin has been in Elle and on haircolor boxes- so real modeling, not some random local stuff) and they have pretty much anything on their resume that they think will help get them a casting. Been on a horse? Add horseback riding to your skills list!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    So basically Aylssa was chosen because she is a female skater in her twenties who can spin, not because she is Alyssa Czsiny, National Figure Skating Champion. That's kind of depressing. I am glad it turned out to be a coincidence!
    But when you consider the commercial was looking to cast "average joes" that represent Detroit, it's nice that they thought to include the sport of figure skating!!

And it bodes well for her that she'd be selected on her innate characteristics, imo.

I actually had a dream after nationals that she would have a super bowl commercial, lol, but when I woke up I thought, nah, it would be too much pressure. I crack myself up!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    It resonates to the core for anyone who's from Michigan or who's lived there.
    ITA. Having spend the better part of the last 15 months in Michigan (I traveled there for a project), it made me tear up. Wonderful commercial, the best of the night, and even better that they included Alissa

vCash
    Newly uploaded today: Imported From Detroit - Perseverance
    (ETA: This is a 3.5 minute Chrysler video feature of Alissa practicing on the ice and speaking to the camera)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-07-2011 at 09:28 PM.

vCash

vCash
    thanks for posting those links

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Me too. I'm personally glad Kid Rock wasn't in it since I think his music is crap, but it was awesome with Alissa and Eminem. I thought it was the best ad of the Superbowl.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I saw this commercial! I have no ties to Detroit whatsoever nor any reason to go there but I thought the ad did a great job of marketing the city. And Alissa was beautiful in it! Too bad they didn't mention who she actually was.
    This commercial is an old commercial, but it's worth seeing again. When I saw it, I thought Alissa looked like an oasis, a glimpse of beauty and grace set among stark, intimidating and historical images. It was better that she was never named, I thought. An anonymous flower in the concrete jungle.

vCash
    Alissa'a voice reminds me of Mirai's. It has a little girl quality to it.

vCash
    Great for Alissa and great for Detroit!
    A testament to "Come Back Power" Best of luck to her at WC.

vCash
    I think Chrysler realized that Alissa has had ups and downs like they have. She actually is a great example for them to focus on!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Crazy how she spent "several hours" spinning for a fraction of a second spot!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast