Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I don't really follow football so I usually don't bother to watch the Super Bowl. I did attend a Super Bowl party around 10 years ago but I spent most of the time eating and gossiping with one of the other girlfriends. Like me she was rather indifferent to the actual game.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/footba...ex.html?hpt=T2

Wow, 400 people denied seats! They did get to watch by standing on some platform or something but still, unbelievable to sell tickets to seats that do not exist. Apparently they will get triple the value of the tickets, so all is not lost but I bet some sue.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Best thing was watching Rothleisberger lose.

Second best thing was the Bridgestone commercials. The accident prone child one was awesome. "Where'd you get a hot air balloon?" Also loved the "Karma" spot with the beaver and the car and the bridge.

Was a good game in the second half. First half was enjoyable too.

vCash
    Well, I am really happy the Packers won. They were ahead the whole game, but the outcome was in doubt even up to the last 2 minutes.

I am so impressed with the Packers who have been interviewed. Really seem to understand the concept of teamwork.

And I am thrilled that Rosthesberger lost.

vCash
    I thought the game got pretty good at the end when the Steelers had a chance to win, but I'm glad Green Bay held on. Aaron Rodgers now has the same number of Superbowls as Brett Favre. Too bad that Charles Woodson got injured though, I'm a big fan of his.

Halftime was horrible which is par for the course for the last few years. Prince was the last good one.

vCash
    Football is boring (unless the Saints are playing and winning and even then, only the last minute). It needs sequins, Carmen, and a mutilated instrumental version of Michael Jackson.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    The skating music was definitely this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWkDyyNILpA

It was during a Coke commercial.

vCash
    Packers!!!
    Ryan Bradley!!

I didn't think I'd catch a break from the Sport Gods after the Rangers lost the World Series. 2 in a row win wise though!

vCash

All I did was drink

and gossip. Well 40 and shots. I did see Alissa! I was so psyched. I mean I barely watched the TV. I was like, "Yay Alissa" and everyone else was "What?" Now I'm like "What" and I'm going to bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    The Steelers are sorry excuse to represent a AFC team. They should have allowed the JEts to win.
    The Steelers gave away 21 points and yet still almost won the game. I like the Jets but they wouldn't have won this either.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I fcuking hate those E-trade ads with the talking baby. Wasn't funny 5 years ago, still not funny.
    Me too! Lazy ad execs!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Amer football is played once a week, ice hockey, basketball and baseball can play multiple games in a week. There is probably some physical reason for the frequency of play. Baseball season is 160 games, amer football is what 18 or 20??
    American football is way too physical, what with all those tackles. Most players get hit a LOT. It really does take a week to physically recover from each game. Whereas in baseball, most pitchers don't pitch more than twice in a week anyway, and the rest of the players are mostly standing around scratching their privates, chewing tobacco and spitting
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Happy for the Pack. I don't like Roesthlisberger but I do like Tomlin so I hate to see him and the other Steelers players lose. But it's good that the Lombardi trophy is getting spread around among the various teams.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post

The Audi prison break commercial was hysterical. Car commercials usually suck, so that was a great surprise. Kenny G is always a good punchline.
    Audi usually has great commercials, here's one from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zSL-OyJEw

My favorite are the BMW people.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have respect for the sport but it is the wrong type of football for me.
    well for our household was a great football day.. first Liverpool beating Chelsea and then this evening the Packers winning.. I must say I really enjoyed both games and if all American football games were as exciting as this one I would likely be more of a fan..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stanhope View Post
    The skating music was definitely this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWkDyyNILpA

It was during a Coke commercial.
    I think that is the same music that Gregory & Pethukov used in 2007 and in the Fallen Angels program with Johnny.

I thought the game was anything but boring! I thought I was going to have a heart attack or soil myself several times.

I liked the Stella commercial with Adrien Brody.

vCash
    Liked the Grizzley bear commercial from McDonalds and was incredibly disappointed in the Budweizer Clydesdale commercial (western with Tiny Dancer).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I think it's this one

Coke ad with skating music

vCash
    I think I finally figured it - Handel's Messiah?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    I think I finally figured it - Handel's Messiah?
    I think it's Handel's Sarabande, isn't it?

There's a bit of it here if you look down through the list: http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-HANDE...7058725&sr=1-1
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I think it's Handel's Sarabande, isn't it?
    It is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast