Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

2011-12 U.S. team envelopes & published criteria

As an exercise, I've applied all the relevant criteria through 2011 U.S. Nationals and published an UNOFFICIAL list-in-progress of projected A-C funding envelopes in my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...elopes-so-far/

Link to the 2011-12 Team Envelope Criteria as published on the USFS site: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350

An official, finalized version should be published online by U.S. Figure Skating around or before their annual Governing Council meeting at the end of April 2011. The team envelopes are designated specifically for funding purposes and do not determine the types or number of international assignments a skater or team might receive.

To be published online separately by U.S. Figure Skating sometime in the Spring of 2011 will be the International Selection Pool (ISP). It will include all Team A, B and C age-eligible athletes and any other athletes being considered for an international competition in the 2011-12 season.

Condensed version as of 2/6/10:

* = eligible for a higher envelope level or tier depending on results of 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds & Worlds

Team A – Tier 2
    *Alissa Czisny, *Ryan Bradley, *Caitlin Yankowskas/John Coughlin, *Meryl Davis/Charlie White.

Team B – Tier 1
    *Rachael Flatt, *Mirai Nagasu, Agnes Zawadzki;
    *Richard Dornbush, *Ross Miner, *Jeremy Abbott;
    *Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig, *Caydee Denney/Jeremy Barrett, Mary Beth Marley/Rockne Brubaker;
    *Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani, *Madison Chock/Greg Zuerlein, Madison Hubbell/Keiffer Hubbell.

Team B – Tier 2
    *Christina Gao, Ashley Wagner, *Courtney Hicks;
    *Adam Rippon, *Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Brandon Mroz, *Max Aaron;
    Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir, *Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan;
    Lynn Kriengkrairut/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt, *Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely.

Team C – Tier 1
    Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Kristiene Gong, Lauren Dinh, Katarina Kulgeyko;

*Keegan Messing, Joshua Farris, Alexander Zahradnicek, Alexander Aiken;

Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin, Lindsay Davis/Themistocles Leftheris, Andrea Poapst/Christopher Knierim, *Cassie Andrews/Timothy LeDuc;

Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates (see last item in NOTES below), Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello, Shannon Wingle/Timothy McKernan, *Lauri Bonacorsi/Travis Mager, *Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus.

Team C – Tier 2
    Melissa Bulanhagui, Kiri Baga, McKinzie Daniels, Mary Beth Marley, Hannah Miller, Barbie Long, Mariah Bell;

Douglas Razzano, *Jason Brown, Steven Evans, Emmanuel Savary, Nathan Chen, Jordan Moeller, Nix Phengsy;

Molly Aaron/Daniyel Cohen, Brynn Carman/AJ Reiss, Mandy Garza/Brandon Frazier, Max Aaron/Max Settlage, Chelsea Liu/Devin Perini, Audrey Goldberg/Joseph Dolkiewicz;

Anastasia Olson/Jordan Cowan, Alexandra Aldridge/Daniel Eaton, Rachel Parsons/Michael Parsons, Jessica Mancini/Tyler Brooks, Kaitlin Hawayek/Michael Bramante.

NOTES
    Could move up to A-1 if:
    Place top 10 at Worlds: Czisny, Bradley, Yankowskas/Coughlin, Davis/White;
    Place 1st-3rd at Worlds: Flatt; Dornbush, Miner; Evora/Ladwig; Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein.

Could move up to A-2 if:
    Place 4th-10th at Worlds: Flatt; Dornbush, Miner; Evora/Ladwig; Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein;
    Place 1st at 4 Continents: Abbott, Rippon, Mahbanoozadeh; Flatt, Nagasu; Evora/Ladwig, Denney/Barrett; Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein.

Could move up to B-1 if:
    Place 2nd-3rd at 4 Continents: Rippon, Mahbanoozadeh
    Place 1st at Jr. Worlds: Gao, Hicks; Messing, Brown, Aaron; Cain/Reagan, Andrews/LeDuc; Lichtman/Copley, Bonacorsi/Mager, Cannuscio/McManus.

Could move up to B-2 if:
    Place 2nd-3rd at Jr. Worlds: Messing, Brown; Andrews/LeDuc; Lichtman/Copley, Bonacorsi/Mager, Cannuscio/McManus.

Could move up to C-1 if:
    Place 4th or lower at Jr. Worlds: Brown.

Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates fulfill the following criterion listed under "Additional Considerations":
    Athletes that were in the Team A Envelope the previous year and plan on continuing to compete will automatically be placed in Team C - Tier 1 if they do not meet the criteria for Team A or Team B.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-07-2011 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    The initial athletes in the 2011-12 International Selection Pool (ISP) have been published on the USFS site: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=447

ETA: I've updated my projected team envelopes list (teams that have officially split have been removed): http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...elopes-so-far/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    If Lysacek returns to competition in 2011, he could be placed in Team A or Team B at the discretion of U.S. Figure Skating since he was the 2009 World Champion. Moreover, if he was not placed in Team A or B at the discretion of U.S. Figure skating, he would be placed in Team C- Tier 1 since he was in the Team A envelope for 2010-11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The initial athletes in the 2011-12 International Selection Pool (ISP) have been published on the USFS site: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=447

ETA: I've updated my projected team envelopes list: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...elopes-so-far/
    Interesting that Angela Wang is in the ISP list considering she didn't make it to nationals this year. I wonder if she'll be assigned to JGPs next season regardless.

vCash
    Madison and Keiffer Hubbell are still on the ISP list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Interesting that Angela Wang is in the ISP list considering she didn't make it to nationals this year. I wonder if she'll be assigned to JGPs next season regardless.
    I count 20 JGP age-eligible ladies in the ISP: 2011-2012 US JGP Assignment Predictions/Discussion

vCash
    I'm surprised that Johnny wasn't on the list, if Johnny and/or another skater who took time off decide to resume competitive skating, where would they be placed?

vCash
    I had the same question, upon seeing Evan's what if posted there, I really don't think Johnny is coming back, but what if?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I'm surprised that Johnny wasn't on the list, if Johnny and/or another skater who took time off decide to resume competitive skating, where would they be placed?
    Are you asking about the 2011-12 ISP list? The 2011-12 team envelopes have not been announced/published yet.

ETA a reply to Lacey: If Johnny is serious about competing next season, then his name could still be added to the ISP, I would imagine.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    FYI, I've updated my UNOFFICIAL list-in-progress of projected 2011-12 Team A-C envelopes through 2011 Worlds and removed all the split teams: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...elopes-so-far/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    FYI, I've updated my UNOFFICIAL list-in-progress of projected 2011-12 Team A-C envelopes through 2011 Worlds and removed all the split teams: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...elopes-so-far/
    Thanks for the update. With the split teams removed, does that mean that the A and B-1s have more money available? Is it x dollars per skater/team, or is it a % of the team funding at each level?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Thanks for the update. With the split teams removed, does that mean that the A and B-1s have more money available? Is it x dollars per skater/team, or is it a % of the team funding at each level?
    I don't believe the amount of money varies with the number of skaters/teams. It's a set amount for each envelope level.

vCash
    USFS announced the 2011-12 Synchronized Skating team envelopes today: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46187

The team envelopes for singles, pairs and dance are likely coming soon!

vCash
    i really think they should add 4CC medalist for Team A - Tier 2. Its not really fair to Mirai or Jeremy in my opinion. Then change this during an Oly year because not everyone goes to 4CCs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    i really think they should add 4CC medalist for Team A - Tier 2. Its not really fair to Mirai or Jeremy in my opinion. Then change this during an Oly year because not everyone goes to 4CCs.
    ITA. 4CC has been a lot more competitive in the last few years than it was previously.

vCash
    U.S. Figure Skating Announces 2011-12 Team Envelopes - Announced today, I guess. Just saw it on Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Vegas View Post
    U.S. Figure Skating Announces 2011-12 Team Envelopes - Announced today, I guess. Just saw it on Twitter.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46205&type=media

Here is the original story link from USFSA.org. Interesting that only Dornbush and Alissa are in Team A and based on the recent breakups, no pairs team is on the Team A list. Tons of really great skaters in Team B. This appears to be far more equitable from my perspective in terms of funding.

vCash
    Congrats to Kylie Duarte & Colin Grafton, Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff, Joylyn Yang & Jean-Luc Baker all made the C team.

Probably due to this criteria "Consideration to place the athletes in Team C - Tier 1 will be given for senior level skaters placing lower at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships where the event was very strong or the results were very close.

Consideration to place the athletes in Team C - Tier 2 will be given for junior-level skaters placing lower at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships where the event was very strong or the results were very close."

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Happy to see Emily and Evan get some funding (Team C) thanks to these provisions:
    Consideration will be given to skaters or teams that qualified for the A, B or C envelopes in the previous season.

Athletes that were in the Team A Envelope the previous year and plan on continuing to compete will automatically be placed in Team C - Tier 1 if they do not meet the criteria for Team A or Team B.
    They were originally Team A - Tier 2 for 2010-11.

vCash
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, so what happens to the money if, say, Chock/Zuerlin have really split?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast