Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's cute that Hannah did Singing in the Rain/Umbrella from Glee for her exhibition and Singing in the Rain itself for her free program.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by SwingDancer View Post
    And here I thought, the bitty baby novice champion was going to skate to singing in the rain, well she kind of is? Is this Glee?
    It's a mashup from Glee, yes.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Hannah is another one I missed so I'm glad to see her! She's a cutie too and her program suits her personality.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Hannah is a cutie.

I was distracted by those tights though. Hopefully, someone tells her it looks horrible and she ditches that look.

vCash
    This little girl has spunk and I adore her costume. I would wear that.

Even though there have been a lot of commercials, there's been less useless fluffiness and I like that they're not re-showing the LPs, so I feel like we are seeing more skating. Lots of commercials are GOOD. The more advertising spots skating can sell, the more likey we are to continue seeing Nationals on network TV. We as skating fans really should make a concerted effort to either buy and/or thank the sponsors everytime skating is shown.

Maybe it's just because there's been NO skating for a week after a marathon of it, but I'm really enjoying this exhibition more than I have in years.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    This is the most out of order sequence of programs I have ever seen. Alissa skated nearly last in the actual program and here she is barely an hour into the broadcast. Really weird choices NBC (and I am not responsible for my actions if they chack Amanda & Mark).

Loved Alissa's program though, jump issues aside.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Alissa, you are such a beautiful skater. Why must you torture me by skating to this drivel? I loathe this song.

moving right along
    vCash
    wow! Alissa's program is captivating. the splats were jarring but I liked the choreo. Who helped her create this number?

eta: i'm not fond of this music either, but A's intepretation was so strong.

vCash
    I've missed seeing that y spin in competitive programs. I think Siraj did one in her LP, but I feel like we barely see it anymore. Guess it just doesn't get the points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    This is the most out of order sequence of programs I have ever seen. Alissa skated nearly last in the actual program and here she is barely an hour into the broadcast. Really weird choices NBC (and I am not responsible for my actions if they chack Amanda & Mark).
    They must have reordered it based on least to most entertaining (in their opinion). Might explain why they haven't showed Jeremy yet, I found his routine to be among the cutest.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    When I hear this song, there is only one thing I think of liverpool, and I am a Manchester United fan.

vCash
    Maia and Alex!

vCash
    That soft pink is a color that works on Meryl.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I adore the Shibutanis. Their skating is mature way beyond their years and yet they are still so cute!

moving right along
    vCash
    I'm a Shibs fan forevah!!!!

vCash
    Huge Shibs fan here Love em!

vCash
    Shibs bore me. Sure, they're cute and talented, but the type of programs they skate are just dull.

I know there's not much they can do because they're a brother/sister team. And that's exactly why I don't like brother/sister teams. Too limited.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    wow! Alissa's program is captivating. the splats were jarring but I liked the choreo. Who helped her create this number?

eta: i'm not fond of this music either, but A's intepretation was so strong.
    It would have been nice to see her full program - Detroit NBC decided we needed an extended segment on the weather and joined it "in progress"
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    north american more athletic style?? How about the Russian North American style?? LOL LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    north american more athletic style?? How about the Russian North American style?? LOL LOL
    I hate how they're equating North American with athletic and Russian with artistic.

Why make that specific distinction as if it's always true?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Hehe, John and Ryan are a hoot. They should do a comedy show, LOL

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast