Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    The commentators say there are no skating fans who weren't happy when Ryan won.

The commentators do not read FSU.
    No, the commentators know to IGNORE this place where reality is fiction and vice versa.

My favorite part of the show... the interview with the teddy bear.
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 02-06-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Quadless
    vCash
    My favorite part of the show....Evan. He was so sharp, and he totally owned that program. He's just in a different league.

Also loved Chen, Dornbush and Zawadski.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Ewww Lysacrap!!
    master of being quadless!
    LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi
    Bitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I hate how they're equating North American with athletic and Russian with artistic.

Why make that specific distinction as if it's always true?
    Because in general, that is pretty much true. Not in every case, but in most cases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Bitter?
    100%

vCash
    Ewww Lysacrap!!
    master of being quadless!
    LOL the system was revised to try to prevent quadless wins. Yeah right on quadless lysacrap in sochi
    I know I'm a few hours late in reading this thread, but do you realize how fcuking annoying you sound? You hate Evan, we get it. STFU already.

vCash
    Jeremy's Rhythm of Love exhibition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l8QLRo_mcY

vCash
    Loved Ryan's exhibition <3.

He skated it so fearlessly and carefree.

vCash
    Alyssa ... yeah, it's only an exhibition, but when she missed both of her jumping passes, I'm sure it got some USFSA officials worried again. Please don't do that at the SP at Worlds.

Evan - He showed the audience why he's champion. Great intensity and performance from him.

Nathan Chen - Scott described his program as "busy" .

Dornbush - there's something very surfer dude/ just got out of bed dorkiness look about his face. I noticed he tends to look down and his shoulders hunch up; He needs to get rid of that.

vCash
    Live highlights for us - Amanda & Mark, Nathan Chen, Ross Miner skating to "the Boss," The Shibutanis, Jeremy's program.

We haven't played back the TV coverage yet, but there was a very touching moment when Caydee & Jeremy skated the final minute to a program by the pairs' team that was supposed to skate at the 1961 Worlds that would have been in Prague. They showed the video of the entire original performance, and then Caydee & Jeremy joined in.

vCash
    thank you to the kind soul that uploaded the video of the gala to youtube!

Loved Amanda and Mark and of course Ryan! Evan's performance levels have gone up a notch since last year IMO. Seeing these videos makes me doubly sad my NBC showed basketball yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Alyssa ... yeah, it's only an exhibition, but when she missed both of her jumping passes, I'm sure it got some USFSA officials worried again. Please don't do that at the SP at Worlds.
    and in exhibitions, skaters are usually more relaxed, so missing jumps shouldn't be an issue, unless the dark lighting affects them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    We haven't played back the TV coverage yet, but there was a very touching moment when Caydee & Jeremy skated the final minute to a program by the pairs' team that was supposed to skate at the 1961 Worlds that would have been in Prague. They showed the video of the entire original performance, and then Caydee & Jeremy joined in.
    I watched, the program, and I did not remember seeing that, does anyone have a clip of that?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I just love the music Evan skated to, and I want to download it from iTunes, but I don't think it's there. There are three hits for El Tango de Roxanne, but the previews are too short to tell if one of them is the right music. Can anyone help?
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I just love the music Evan skated to, and I want to download it from iTunes, but I don't think it's there. There are three hits for El Tango de Roxanne, but the previews are too short to tell if one of them is the right music. Can anyone help?
    Is it different from the one on the Moulin Rouge soundrack?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Is it different from the one on the Moulin Rouge soundrack?
    I think it's the same one, but it looks like the Moulin Rouge soundtrack isn't on iTunes.

Actually, I think I have the soundtrack around here somewhere...I'll have to go look.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I think it's the same one, but it looks like the Moulin Rouge soundtrack isn't on iTunes.

Actually, I think I have the soundtrack around here somewhere...I'll have to go look.
    It is on itunes. I'm looking at it. Are you sure you spelled it right when you searched for it?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    The DVD is there, and I see Karaoke CDs, but if you look under the albums section, there are all kinds of Moulin Rouge albums, but not the actual soundtrack.

If you search "Moulin Rouge Soundtrack", most of the songs come up, but they are performed by other artists.

vCash
    The Mouline Rough soundtrack is on itune except you have to buy the whole album . That defeat the whole purpose of itune.

I think Evan's arrangement has some modifications in the mid section.

vCash
    We still haven't had a chance to watch the Gala, but "Tango de Roxanne" (the Moulin Rouge version) is one of Evan's SOI programs for this season. He did it at the SOI debut show in Lake Placid over Thanksgiving Weekend.

Swingdancer, I'm getting the impression that the program that Caydee & Jeremy did in the second half of the show (as a tribute to the pairs team from 1961) wasn't shown on the broadcast.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast